The Playgrounds Best UFC moment 2009 Vote 4

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The Playgrounds Best UFC moment 2009 Vote 4
POLL: Which moment was most shocking?
Nate Marquartd v Damien Maia 28% (13)
Randy Couture v Antonio Noguiera 32% (15)
Nate Quarry v Tim Creuder 4% (2)
Efrain Escudero v Cole Miller 9% (4)
Tyson Griffin v Hermes Franca 2% (1)
Paul Daley v Martin Kampmann 26% (12)
Rabi
12/22/09 2:49:01PM
The next 6 are:

1. Nate Marquartd v Damien Maia

This was a fight everyone was excited for. They are 2 of the best in the division and it looked like it was gonna be a war. it wasnt. Marquartd stepped up and BANG! Night night for Maia.

2. Randy Couture v Antonio Noguiera

This has got to be one of the most anticipated MMA HW match ups in the history of the sport and it didnt dissapoint. It was an awsome display of boxing, BJJ, wrestling and heart. An amazing match.

3. Nate Quarry v Tim Creuder

This was a brutal fight. Both fighters literally beat the s##t out of each other. If you saw a seperate picture of both fighters after the fight you would have thought that they both lost. Amazing.

4. Efrain Escudero v Cole Miller

It had been a long wait to see the TUF 8 winner but it was well worth it. Its fair to say the days of protecting the TUF winners and building them up has long gone. This looked like it was gonna be a difficult fight but Escudero exploded and KO'd Miller in spectecular fashion.

5. Tyson Griffin v Hermes Franca

How many times have we seen Griffin push the pace and out work his opponent on his way to a UD. With Franca's experince and Griffins work rate this had Griffin UD written all over it, until Griffin KO'd Franca with a punch from no were. And with Edgar now finishing his last fight we might get a Sherk finish. But that will have to wait until the 2010 vote.

6. Martin Kampmann v Martin Daley

Wow! what a way to debut. Daley literally blew through Kampmann like he was a bottom tier WW in the UFC divison. Very very impressive.
Rabi
12/22/09 2:50:24PM
There is some great/shocking moments in this list but the moment I have gone for is the HW war between Couture v Nog, a fight for the ages.
king_katool
12/22/09 3:06:09PM
quarry/creduer for me, i couldnt believe nate didnt turn Tims lights off, tim showed great heart in that fight
submissionartist1
12/22/09 3:26:21PM
Im gonna go Nog Randy great fight one of 09's best! right there with Wanderlei Chuck and Sanches Guida.

never thought randy and nog would throwdown like that! WAR!
jae_1833
12/22/09 4:18:23PM
Daley Kampmann, blew my mind because it all happened so quick. I though Kampmann (as did most of the playground) outmatched Daley everywhere....but this is MMA and the world keeps on turning.
karn501
12/22/09 5:42:36PM
couture nog hands down thought this fight was going to be boring boy was i wrong
tcunningham
12/22/09 6:37:32PM
big nog and randy. showed that randy can still bring one h*ll of a fight to anybody. i waited for that fight for years.
postman
12/22/09 10:25:01PM

Posted by jae_1833

Daley Kampmann, blew my mind because it all happened so quick. I though Kampmann (as did most of the playground) outmatched Daley everywhere....but this is MMA and the world keeps on turning.

We are going Shocking I agree Kampmann was the new thing at WW and Daley had no chance. I knew Nog Couture would be great thats why we all wanted it for so many years.
StorminYourman
12/23/09 4:43:01AM
Marquart punched Maia arborned like a game of streetfighter 2.That was pretty shocking.
Rabi
12/23/09 4:11:42PM
In a close vote Couture v Nog advance to the final.
prozacnation1978
12/25/09 10:18:53AM
gotta go with big nog vs couture