One more playground football fantasy league

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » One more playground football fantasy league
« Previous Page
mkiv9secsupra
9/8/09 4:30:32PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I have no confidence in Gore, Owens, Chad 85, McFadden, Mason, or Big Ben.
Colston MAY be good. Jacobs will be great. My big problem with your team is Gore. Imo i think your first round pick was wasted

Oh so the problem is only with your confidence level haha! if you had viable arguments at least I would kind of be concerned but ah well... frank gore to start with is one of my favorite players and quite honestly last year it was not a wasted pick at all. Just wait and see, he'll surpise you ALOT, and so will my team

Shall we make an AV bet for our week 3 matchup?
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/8/09 4:33:07PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I have no confidence in Gore, Owens, Chad 85, McFadden, Mason, or Big Ben.
Colston MAY be good. Jacobs will be great. My big problem with your team is Gore. Imo i think your first round pick was wasted

Oh so the problem is only with your confidence level haha! if you had viable arguments at least I would kind of be concerned but ah well... frank gore to start with is one of my favorite players and quite honestly last year it was not a wasted pick at all. Just wait and see, he'll surpise you ALOT, and so will my team

I would, i really really would believe me, I'm already in one for fight night though with StorminYourman.
emfleek
9/8/09 4:33:14PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Or how about a 6-month avatar bet based on who finishes higher in the regular season standings?

Don't mind me...I'm just tossing out ideas.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/8/09 4:36:16PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Or how about a 6-month avatar bet based on who finishes higher in the regular season standings?

i'd be down for that, 3 months would do it though lol, worst comes to worst 6 months just s*cks
Playground_Samurai
9/9/09 11:14:48PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

TEAM CCCC
8 LaDainian Tomlinson, SD
13 Steve Slaton, Hou
28 Ronnie Brown, Mia
33 Kurt Warner, Ari
48 Bernard Berrian, Min
53 Antonio Bryant, TB
68 Matt Schaub, Hou
73 Eddie Royal, Den
88 Zach Miller, Oak
93 Donald Brown, Ind
108 Eagles D/ST, Phi
113 LeSean McCoy, Phi
128 John Carlson, Sea
133 Michael Bush, Oak
148 Nate Kaeding, SD

This is my team. I feel pretty strong. I think LT and Slaton are going to have big numbers this season and Brown is definatly capable of big things, too.
Even though Warner didn't have a great preseason and Leinhart was pretty darn good, i'm not putting much stock into that. As long as Warner can stay healthy, with the receiving core he has, there's no way he doesn't put up huge numbers. Definatly good to have Schaub waiting on the bench too just in case.:)
I am a little worried about my WR's, as my two starters have been known to be inconsistent, but I feel more confident in Berrian now that he has the gunslinger Brett Favre throwing to him and word is the Bucs offense will be looking downfield more which can only mean good things for Bryant as their #1 WR.
I'm also pretty happy with my bench. Brown and McCoy are great hancuffs as Addai and Westbrook are always injury prone. And of course I can't go wrong with Royal on the bench. I'll probably start him sometimes in some good matchups, too. Not sure about Bush with all the running backs in Oakland, so he's probably going to be gone tonight when the waiver transactions go through and I may even pick up another handcuff that i'm hesitant to mention, sometime soon.

What do you guys think?
mkiv9secsupra
9/10/09 2:07:23AM

Posted by gspfan

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

TEAM CCCC
13 Steve Slaton, Hou
28 Ronnie Brown, Mia
33 Kurt Warner, Ari
48 Bernard Berrian, Min
53 Antonio Bryant, TB
68 Matt Schaub, Hou
73 Eddie Royal, Den
88 Zach Miller, Oak
93 Donald Brown, Ind
108 Eagles D/ST, Phi
113 LeSean McCoy, Phi
128 John Carlson, Sea
133 Michael Bush, Oak
148 Nate Kaeding, SD

This is my team. I feel pretty strong. I think LT and Slaton are going to have big numbers this season and Brown is definatly capable of big things, too.
Even though Warner didn't have a great preseason and Leinhart was pretty darn good, i'm not putting much stock into that. As long as Warner can stay healthy, with the receiving core he has, there's no way he doesn't put up huge numbers. Definatly good to have Schaub waiting on the bench too just in case.:)
I am a little worried about my WR's, as my two starters have been known to be inconsistent, but I feel more confident in Berrian now that he has the gunslinger Brett Favre throwing to him and word is the Bucs offense will be looking downfield more which can only mean good things for Bryant as their #1 WR.
I'm also pretty happy with my bench. Brown and McCoy are great hancuffs as Addai and Westbrook are always injury prone. And of course I can't go wrong with Royal on the bench. I'll probably start him sometimes in some good matchups, too. Not sure about Bush with all the running backs in Oakland, so he's probably going to be gone tonight when the waiver transactions go through and I may even pick up another handcuff that i'm hesitant to mention, sometime soon.

What do you guys think?

Get rid of Ronnie Brown asap. Try giving up brown for a good WR, other than that should be a very solid team assuming they all stay healthy and/or consistent
mkiv9secsupra
9/10/09 2:18:06AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i'd be down for that, 3 months would do it though lol, worst comes to worst 6 months just s*cks

You are on!!!! I hope you enjoy your avatar, i have a few months to develop it
mkiv9secsupra
9/10/09 2:23:51AM
ALERT: Anyone who has Derrick Ward should pick up Cadillac Williams unless you are confident he will be injured or lose his starting job. Williams is the starter and overall is the better back and will hinder LOTS of Ward's goal line carries and yardage and ultimately produce another season with numbers close to his 08 for Ward while providing a Cadillac a better fantasy season which im sure almost no one drafted..
Playground_Samurai
9/10/09 7:38:07AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra
Get rid of Ronnie Brown asap. Try giving up brown for a good WR, other than that should be a very solid team assuming they all stay healthy and/or consistent

What's wrong with Brown, that i'm unaware of? This isn't a ppr.
emfleek
9/10/09 8:19:26AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

ALERT: Anyone who has Derrick Ward should pick up Cadillac Williams unless you are confident he will be injured or lose his starting job. Williams is the starter and overall is the better back and will hinder LOTS of Ward's goal line carries and yardage and ultimately produce another season with numbers close to his 08 for Ward while providing a Cadillac a better fantasy season which im sure almost no one drafted..

On that note...I'll wager $5 saying Cadillac is injured by Week 3.
Playground_Samurai
10/6/09 12:38:03AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra
TEAM CCCC
13 Steve Slaton, Hou
28 Ronnie Brown, Mia
33 Kurt Warner, Ari
48 Bernard Berrian, Min
53 Antonio Bryant, TB
68 Matt Schaub, Hou
73 Eddie Royal, Den
88 Zach Miller, Oak
93 Donald Brown, Ind
108 Eagles D/ST, Phi
113 LeSean McCoy, Phi
128 John Carlson, Sea
133 Michael Bush, Oak
148 Nate Kaeding, SD

Glad I didn't take your advice on Brown.

My team now, after some add/drops......

QB Kurt Warner
QB Matt Schaub
RB Steve Slaton
RB Ronnie Brown
RB LaDainian Tomlinson
RB Pierre Thomas
RB Willis McGahee
RB Glen Coffee
WR Steve Smith NYG
WR Mike Sims-Walker
WR Bernard Berrian
TE Brent Celek
TE John Carlson
Def Texans(probably gone by the next week)
K Nate Keading(has a bye, so he'll be gone also)

I'm 3-1 so far.
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/29/09 6:58:15PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

You are on!!!! I hope you enjoy your avatar, i have a few months to develop it

I hate to be the one that brings back old topics but... this time i love it
emfleek
11/30/09 8:23:32AM
Dang...I forgot to check this morning to see how I'm doing this week!
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/30/09 10:29:55AM

Posted by emfleek

Dang...I forgot to check this morning to see how I'm doing this week!

your winning 77-59 vs Team Harper, you still have tom brady to play and he has randy moss. Pretty sure your taking the W this week
emfleek
11/30/09 10:31:33AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

your winning 77-59 vs Team Harper, you still have tom brady to play and he has randy moss. Pretty sure your taking the W this week

I don't think that's me...it's against my own rules to draft Tom Brady!

D0wnUnd6e6r
11/30/09 12:42:31PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

I don't think that's me...it's against my own rules to draft Tom Brady!

whats your team name then?
emfleek
11/30/09 1:17:42PM
Moose Knuckles, I believe.

I think I'm going up against mkiv9secsupra this week?
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/30/09 1:27:55PM

Posted by emfleek

Moose Knuckles, I believe.

I think I'm going up against mkiv9secsupra this week?

i think your mixing up leagues, im talking about the brook's beer tent on espn.com ... i was going against mkiv9secsupra aka team woodwarddd if im not mistaking... wich was going to decide on who wins the Av bet we had going on, us both being 6-5 before the final matchup (this week) your talking about the yahoo league, wich you also won 94-64
emfleek
11/30/09 1:34:39PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

i think your mixing up leagues, im talking about the brook's beer tent on espn.com ... i was going against mkiv9secsupra aka team woodwarddd if im not mistaking... wich was going to decide on who wins the Av bet we had going on, us both being 6-5 before the final matchup (this week) your talking about the yahoo league, wich you also won 94-64

Ahh...you are correct. I'm not in the ESPN league!

Thanks for clearing that up.
Pages: 1 [2]