the playground deserves a hall of fame

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » the playground deserves a hall of fame
ChrisSabal
7/11/12 3:26:23AM
I believe some people on this website should forever be immortalized for their contributions to this site. By doing that the playground can have a hall of fame and a short explanation to the user's name on how and why the got in and also when.

For example dewby could get into the hall for having 890 career wins while Twenty20Dollars can get in for having 986 props.

Just a random thought I had so I figured, like all great men in the world have, that I should share this idea amongst the playground.
SpiderSilva
7/11/12 7:33:11AM
I thought there used to be. It was for top event scores and season scores.
Adrenaline
7/11/12 7:40:52AM
At one point the playground did have a hall of fame, they still might but I haven't ran into it for a long time. It was for fantasy achievements but I only remember seeing it for the first few seasons back in the day. I will keep looking for it.

Good idea though, I would especially dig it if they included members for purely random or funny reasons. Not everyone is big into the game and alot of great members would fall through the cracks unrecognized.

lohmann
7/11/12 8:00:43AM

Posted by Adrenaline

I will keep looking for it.

Hall of Fame
Adrenaline
7/11/12 8:07:09AM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Adrenaline

Hall of Fame

I didn't say I would look very hard

Thanks Lohmann, figured it was somewhere.
sparky
7/11/12 10:20:33AM
I feel like I should be in there I have a top score 1st place on an event and a top score 6th place on a season
Chael_Sonnen
7/11/12 11:24:23AM
I anoint ME - ME - ME........ME TOO

The CHAEL of fame more like it.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
ChrisSabal
7/11/12 12:48:30PM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Adrenaline

Hall of Fame

I was thinking more of a hall of FAME though. Not just how good you did in one season but how much you contribute to the site whether it be with quirky comments or great knowledge. Lets say you can be eligible for it after 3 years of being on the site.
postman
7/11/12 1:22:49PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I anoint ME - ME - ME........ME TOO

The CHAEL of fame more like it.

Top Trolls
1: Chael_Sonnen
2: Chael_Sonnen
3: Chael_Sonnen
prophecy033
7/11/12 1:38:40PM
I really like this idea although I'm not sure I'd get enough votes. Ideas like this are cool, members see that stuff and wanna be mentioned in there. I think it would actually increase interest
ChrisSabal
7/11/12 1:46:43PM

Posted by prophecy033

I really like this idea although I'm not sure I'd get enough votes. Ideas like this are cool, members see that stuff and wanna be mentioned in there. I think it would actually increase interest

that is the thing. Some people would be really interested and would strive to make the H.O.F. so it would add a lot more people talking on forums.

The only thing I am stuck at is the voting committee. Would we just get a small group of members to vote on who makes it or should it be a big thing?
prophecy033
7/11/12 1:57:12PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by prophecy033

that is the thing. Some people would be really interested and would strive to make the H.O.F. so it would add a lot more people talking on forums.

The only thing I am stuck at is the voting committee. Would we just get a small group of members to vote on who makes it or should it be a big thing?

I'd leave it to DTM and the Mods.
george112
7/11/12 2:24:24PM
I'm personally not in favor of this turning into a popularity contest.

However I'd hope my OG Prop would get mentioned
prophecy033
7/11/12 2:26:05PM
This got me thinking, it would be a cool idea to have a section with a list off all the old Mods, News Reporters, Top Posters etc. Kinda like a member history overview type thing
george112
7/11/12 2:29:36PM

Posted by prophecy033

This got me thinking, it would be a cool idea to have a section with a list off all the old Mods, News Reporters, Top Posters etc. Kinda like a member history overview type thing

That'd be cool

Seems like it was a lot easier to get a top poster badge back in the day.

Some members had as little as 1000 posts and 100 props and had one. Also they couldn't have been members that long since a lot got banned a long time ago
prophecy033
7/11/12 2:40:01PM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Adrenaline

Hall of Fame

Looks like it hasn't been updated in AWHILE
Pookie
7/11/12 3:57:06PM
I say put Pookie at the head of the hall-of-fame committee. He's a dependable guy.
ChrisSabal
7/11/12 4:24:55PM

Posted by Pookie

I say put Pookie at the head of the hall-of-fame committee. He's a dependable guy.

never heard of him
Twenty20Dollars
7/11/12 8:33:08PM
Hotrod should be in. So many accolades.

There are guys with more props than me.
MMAcca
7/14/12 10:04:40AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Hotrod should be in. So many accolades.

There are guys with more props than me.

You both should be in imo.

Pookie as head of a HOF committee is also a great idea. Even if he did suggest it himself sarcastically.
thevoodooninja
7/14/12 10:21:11AM

Posted by george112

Posted by prophecy033

That'd be cool

Seems like it was a lot easier to get a top poster badge back in the day.

Some members had as little as 1000 posts and 100 props and had one. Also they couldn't have been members that long since a lot got banned a long time ago

from what I've read, just surviving the dcrage era should get you in
Boo_Radley21
7/14/12 11:56:52AM
More like hall of lame...im not on there
tepid55
7/14/12 2:33:02PM
An MMA Playground Hall of Fame sounds like a great idea.
warglory
7/14/12 2:54:30PM
Unless we stick strictly with accolades, I don't see how we could avoid this simply being a popularity contest.
Pookie
7/14/12 3:01:40PM

Posted by warglory

Unless we stick strictly with accolades, I don't see how we could avoid this simply being a popularity contest.

Post Count, Props, Wins, W/L, Points, Wager earnings, Accolades, Avatar Bet Record, etc...

There's alot of statistics to quantify.
Shawn91111
7/14/12 3:30:10PM

Posted by warglory

Even so, a good portion of the badges shouldnt count.
prozacnation1978
7/15/12 10:57:55AM
Interesting
Bubbles
7/15/12 11:10:40AM
the hall of fame stopped being updated 10 seasons ago. The all time leaders are still being updated...as per DancingDoll being #10 on career pick %