how did you find the playground

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » how did you find the playground
« Previous Page
hippysmacker
2/4/09 10:16:54PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I actually ran across a thread when I was lurking around Sherdog one day... the rest, as they say, is history

same for me. Within 2 days i had invited 3 friends ,became friends with Svartorm and DoTheMmath, and I was on here 3 to 4 hours a day. Within week I was a mod. We can all thank Jeff Sherwood and DTM for this sites growth. DTM , the sites original owner, only had about $ 10,000 to advertise the site. He astutely decided Sherdog would be the best place. When the advertising staff screwed up his ads multiple times, Jeff Sherwood called him personally to apologize and ask what he could do to make things right. DTM asked if he could start a thread that his mods would endorse in the Sherdog forums. He not only directed his mods to bring it to forum members attentions, he mentioned it on Sherdog radio, and brought it to the other radio guys attentions. He didn't order them to mention it, but Jordan Breen did. So if you ever meet Sherdog, and you love the site, be sure to thank him for being a standup classy guy.
roadking95th
2/5/09 12:41:10AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I actually ran across a thread when I was lurking around Sherdog one day... the rest, as they say, is history

That's how I found it too. I used to read Sherdog's forums, but I never joined. If you read enough of their posts, you know why
urbman
2/7/09 12:08:31AM
A friend of mine would talk about it all the time,telling me to check it out,So I did.And I couldn't be happier that I did,the way the site is run and all the knowledgeable fans and people who post here.
MMAcca
2/7/09 1:45:29AM
CornishMMA mentioned it on another forum i used to frequent.
virginiatech
2/9/09 1:22:11PM
I heard about this site from bloodyelbow.com.
beerman77
2/9/09 2:31:03PM
well, for me and the ten or so orginal 360 MAFIA members. It started in the ufc.com fantasy leauge.. than camp leader KRACKERJAP moved us to the mma playground with a sales pitch, and i quote "found a new mma site with way better fantasy play, and thier forums blow sherdog away .you have to check it out. if you like it we will move the 360 MAFIA over..".. and the rest is hisory.. don't know how krackerjap found it.. but the huge mma fan that he is i am sure he spent a load of time searching on a few other forums to get a feel for them 1st. and decided that mmaplayground would suite our camp players the best
Pages: 1 [2]