how did you find the playground

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » how did you find the playground
Next Page »
cmb19932
2/3/09 10:07:28AM
well im bored at school so i decided to start a topic and this is all i could think of so explain how you found out about this great site
pv3Hpv3p
2/3/09 10:17:55AM
I actually ran across a thread when I was lurking around Sherdog one day... the rest, as they say, is history
RampageOwnedYou
2/3/09 10:19:36AM
Hard to remember, but i believe my pal Beardotheweirdo let me know about it. He has been here since the first one. Me been here since May of 07, coming up to 2 years. Woo Hoo!!
cmb19932
2/3/09 10:24:22AM
i was just bored on a day much like today and searched mma fantasy and then i was here
DCRage
2/3/09 10:29:52AM
Advertisement/promo thread in the MMANews forums.
wiggum
2/3/09 10:55:37AM

Posted by cmb19932

i was just bored on a day much like today and searched mma fantasy and then i was here

you and me both! haha
emfleek
2/3/09 11:02:30AM
My cousin (Bumpy) told me about it.
Twenty20Dollars
2/3/09 11:08:05AM
Someone gave me alittle bit this playground stuff around 6/07 and I've been addicted ever since.
grappler0000
2/3/09 1:11:08PM
After UFC.com did away with their fantasy game (of coarse they eventually brought it back), I was jonesing for another fantasy game to play...30 seconds and 1 google search later, I arrived.
Jackelope
2/3/09 1:23:07PM
I was actually in Iraq when I found the playground. I got to go back to the main base for a little bit and was tooling around on the internet. The UFC had sent us out some care packages including some DVD's and they really sparked my interests. (UFC 52 was one of the two I received- still the best UFC ever IMO)

I was into martial arts long before I watched UFC's, but man once I saw that DVD I was totally hooked. I made it my goal to go out and learn everything I could about the sport. I already knew a little BJJ from the Army, but I didn't know much. I had wrestled, boxed and kickboxed for several years leading up to that point but I didn't know much about the sport of MMA. Well, in my search for MMA knowledge I came across the playground. The rest is history, and it just so happens that I found the playground right after its inception.

The playground has been a HUGE catalyst for my getting into MMA. Now, a couple years later I've trained with and become friends with some big names, met lots of former champions, competitors, and people involved with the sport. I've also really learned a lot from the more knowledgeable posters on here. I've pretty much been training nonstop since then, and I've evolved into 1,000X the fighter I was back then. I've been into the various disciplines for 10 years running, but these last 2 since I started combining them all have been the biggest gains by far. In leaps and bounds.

So, needless to say- thank you playground! (that includes you, the poster!)
jiujitsufreak74
2/3/09 2:41:29PM

Posted by grappler0000

After UFC.com did away with their fantasy game (of coarse they eventually brought it back), I was jonesing for another fantasy game to play...30 seconds and 1 google search later, I arrived.

yeah i used to play the fantasy game on ufc.com and when they got rid of it i was very saddened. however, unlike you i didn't take the initiative to find another fantasy game and instead just decided to watch the sport without breaking down everything. well, that left me with an empty feeling, and one day when i went over my friends house (Bowen50) he pulled out his fight companion and started keeping track of the fights. i was immediately interested at what he was doing and he told me it was for mmaplayground.com and that it was fantasy MMA sort of like ufc.com used to do. well i flirted with the idea to join it for the whole summer and then decided to go for it in September of '07. now i am addicted and my MMA knowledge has increased 10 fold.
cmb19932
2/3/09 2:51:20PM

Posted by Jackelope

I was actually in Iraq when I found the playground. I got to go back to the main base for a little bit and was tooling around on the internet. The UFC had sent us out some care packages including some DVD's and they really sparked my interests. (UFC 52 was one of the two I received- still the best UFC ever IMO)

I was into martial arts long before I watched UFC's, but man once I saw that DVD I was totally hooked. I made it my goal to go out and learn everything I could about the sport. I already knew a little BJJ from the Army, but I didn't know much. I had wrestled, boxed and kickboxed for several years leading up to that point but I didn't know much about the sport of MMA. Well, in my search for MMA knowledge I came across the playground. The rest is history, and it just so happens that I found the playground right after its inception.

The playground has been a HUGE catalyst for my getting into MMA. Now, a couple years later I've trained with and become friends with some big names, met lots of former champions, competitors, and people involved with the sport. I've also really learned a lot from the more knowledgeable posters on here. I've pretty much been training nonstop since then, and I've evolved into 1,000X the fighter I was back then. I've been into the various disciplines for 10 years running, but these last 2 since I started combining them all have been the biggest gains by far. In leaps and bounds.

So, needless to say- thank you playground! (that includes you, the poster!)

ya i was a casual fan just bored as hell and like you said the playground was a huge catalyst for me to start activly training and keeptrack of fighters
postman
2/3/09 3:47:28PM
MMAJunkie.com
Darnok
2/3/09 4:23:55PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I actually ran across a thread when I was lurking around Sherdog one day... the rest, as they say, is history

Same here.
Supersoph199
2/3/09 4:32:26PM
I think of MMAHQ as i was searching for different MMA websites Anyone know any good ones. I have already MMAHQ, MMAWeekly, UFC, Sherdog cant remember the other one :D
DCRage
2/3/09 4:40:09PM
I personally recommend MMAMania.com (generally they offer a more humorous take on news) and MMAJunkie.com.
haggiswashere
2/3/09 4:46:30PM

Posted by grappler0000

that is literally how i came across it as well
Aaronno9
2/3/09 4:56:34PM
I found it on some mma news site I used to check. Cant remember what its called now but I know it doesnt get updated anymore. It was a pretty cool little site aswell.
casey64
2/3/09 6:13:31PM
My buddy masodd told me about.
bobbydoomocculta
2/3/09 6:17:01PM
I was google-ing CAF FAQ's for the Pride game end stumbled across this...
tuvok500
2/3/09 6:38:11PM

Posted by postman

MMAJunkie.com

same here, i think i saw a link there or an advertising.

SpiderSilva
2/3/09 7:54:06PM

Posted by postman

MMAJunkie.com

Same here but then it was called UFCJunkie.com hell I would have been here sooner but I thought it was some BS advertisment.
Bowen50
2/3/09 8:52:05PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by grappler0000

yeah i used to play the fantasy game on ufc.com and when they got rid of it i was very saddened. however, unlike you i didn't take the initiative to find another fantasy game and instead just decided to watch the sport without breaking down everything. well, that left me with an empty feeling, and one day when i went over my friends house (Bowen50) he pulled out his fight companion and started keeping track of the fights. i was immediately interested at what he was doing and he told me it was for mmaplayground.com and that it was fantasy MMA sort of like ufc.com used to do. well i flirted with the idea to join it for the whole summer and then decided to go for it in September of '07. now i am addicted and my MMA knowledge has increased 10 fold.

you're welcome

i found it by searching fantasy MMA on google and wound up here.
Drudinh
2/4/09 1:12:17AM
Searching MMA stuff. I belive desktop wallpapers and eventually came across it. Saw what it had to offer and have been hooked there after
Shawn91111
2/4/09 5:44:08AM
I didnt find it...the playground found me.

Or I was looking for the Shamrock/Franklin fight online and did a Yahoo search on it. The playgrounds video section came up with it etc.
theguido
2/4/09 8:55:41AM
I was origanally just looking for a good fantasy site I found and played like 5 for a while, now I mainly go here.
gsquat
2/4/09 11:12:12AM
Back when MMAFrenzy was... I can't remember what it used to be. But they had a link to this page. I clicked, signed up, and started the revolution.
higdon10
2/4/09 5:52:18PM
It was an ad on my Myspace. Accidently clicked it but when it poped up it seemed kinda cool. Here I am.
CwB
2/4/09 7:20:18PM

Posted by grappler0000

pretty much my same story
breakdown5
2/4/09 8:18:27PM
From an ad on MMAweekly.com. I joined at the beginning, but was busy with school so I didn't always get in my picks at first.
Pages: [1] 2