UFC 85 Play-by-Play and Live Discussion * Spoilers *

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 85 Play-by-Play and Live Discussion * Spoilers *
« Previous Page | Next Page »
juanez13
6/7/08 3:59:09PM

Posted by candynuts

Could it possibly be a draw?

leites won a split
RMFG_187
6/7/08 3:59:22PM
would u feel like u won?

i would get pissed,

if it was a champ fight, id give the belt to him
gartface
6/7/08 3:59:42PM
******* CECIL PEOPLES AGAIN IN ENGLAND! WHAT THE ****?
juanez13
6/7/08 4:00:22PM

Posted by RMFG_187

would u feel like u won?

i would get pissed,

if it was a champ fight, id give the belt to him

Yea marquardt basically won, but he lost because of point deductions.
candynuts
6/7/08 4:00:36PM
Woo-Hoo!! I got the Underdog bonus!!
Although...Marquardt I believe won.
Franklinfan47
6/7/08 4:00:47PM

Posted by gartface

Dude, its all the points he had deducted.
npayant
6/7/08 4:01:18PM

Posted by gartface

It wasn't Cecil in this one...

Leites won that because of the -2 points to Nate...

nickcuc547
6/7/08 4:01:50PM
very tough way to end that, marquardt dominated but he got the points deducted, even if the elbow was questionable.
gartface
6/7/08 4:02:07PM
One of the judges still scored the last round 9-8...that's how I saw it as well. Cecil Peoples and the other judge didn't think so.

Herb Dean made a bad mistake.
RMFG_187
6/7/08 4:02:35PM
FOR ONCE!!!

u cant blame this on Cecil Peoples or Dan Mergliotta/
Franklinfan47
6/7/08 4:02:52PM
Bah, 4-4 on this event now with 24 points. If Nate had got the decision (which by rights he should have), I would have gotten that one perfect. This event really is cursed.

WAR POWERBOMB!
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/7/08 4:02:52PM
there goes my parlay...gotta love it
gartface
6/7/08 4:04:30PM
I'm 1-6 right now
juanez13
6/7/08 4:04:54PM

Posted by npayant

Posted by gartface

well actually it was cecil, it was 1-1 in the first two judges and cecil was the last judge and gave it to Leites. still cant blame him much cus with the point deduction it didnt help marquardt.

However, you can blame the ref for making a bad call with the elbows in the back of the head, if he hadnt called tha marquardt would have won. even rogan ackowleged the ref was wrong.
Raykill
6/7/08 4:05:37PM
What? three more fights and this god awful bloodbath will finally be over. I havent wanted a UFC event to be over so bad.
gartface
6/7/08 4:06:20PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by npayant

Posted by gartface

well actually it was cecil, it was 1-1 in the first two judges and cecil was the last judge and gave it to Leites. still cant blame him much cus with the point deduction it didnt help marquardt.

However, you can blame the ref for making a bad call with the elbows in the back of the head, if he hadnt called tha marquardt would have won. even rogan ackowleged the ref was wrong.

Wonder if the UFC will see this as a normal loss for Marquardt, or act as if he won giving him tougher competition?
gartface
6/7/08 4:07:24PM
Joe Rogan calls Herb Dean "The Best in the Business." That's sad for MMA.
With the Marquardt fight and the Werdum fight John McCarthy needs to come back.
juanez13
6/7/08 4:08:25PM
wow Cane looked very Impressive
gartface
6/7/08 4:09:30PM

Posted by juanez13

wow Cane looked very Impressive

Very.
candynuts
6/7/08 4:10:33PM
Nice sprawl Herb Dean.
grappler0000
6/7/08 4:10:41PM
Can Swick/Davis save this card? I hope so.
Aaronno9
6/7/08 4:11:11PM
Lambert just got schooled! Im sucking on this event so far, id been thinking about changing to cane all day aswell
Aaronno9
6/7/08 4:12:47PM
Haha, awesome, just checked my picks and id changed to cane 1st round tko. I dont even know when i did it but i aint complaining.
candynuts
6/7/08 4:15:34PM
Swick just looks weird at 170, but maybe thats just me.
Franklinfan47
6/7/08 4:16:21PM
I think Leites-Marquardt warrants a rematch. If not this year, then sometime down the line. It was exciting so I don't see why not.
RMFG_187
6/7/08 4:17:44PM
WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS! WAR DAVIS!
juanez13
6/7/08 4:18:53PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I think Leites-Marquardt warrants a rematch. If not this year, then sometime down the line. It was exciting so I don't see why not.

Funny becuase this was supposed to happen a while ago, its been schedueled like 3 times and every time one or the other has pulled out....good to see they finally meet, and it didnt dissapoint...........rematch would make sense.
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/7/08 4:19:55PM
Still can't believe i lost my parlay on that fight... man what a disappointment
Aaronno9
6/7/08 4:20:27PM
Hmm, looks like i also changed from swick to davis, i must of changed them both while i w drunk or something. Hopefully it doesnt bite me in the ass.

Ive been telling people swicks gona win with a second round sub or gnp tko so i dunno why i changed that.

Also, any1 else getting sick of hearing watch the shots to the back of the head everytime somebpody throws a ground strike?
Kracker_Jap
6/7/08 4:20:34PM
They should have named this card "Cursed"

We should petition the UFC to have it renamed
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7