Plaxico looking at a minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Plaxico looking at a minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years!!!
higdon10
12/1/08 8:14:30PM
Thats pretty serious. I'm sure he will get off with community service or something of less severity. No way he plays another down as a New York Giant. Thoughts???
iwannabesedated
12/1/08 8:28:24PM
A.)Im glad the Steelers didnt keep his dumbass around because the Rooneys dont put up with guys that have "Character Issues"
B.)Im sad because i have him on my Fantasy team..Although his points have been shit the last month or so...Dude is a Primadonna..Doesnt like to practice and seems to only play when he wants to play..its a shame because he is one of the best at his position in the game today..So ppl never mature.
aaa9erh8er
12/1/08 8:34:38PM
the cowboys fan in me is rejoicing to the fullest. but honeslty man if you pull the money he does hire some one to carry a gun and shoot you with it dont be dumm enopugh to do it your self f ing s h it
bullettdodger
12/1/08 9:40:56PM
Seriously what a moron.
A. Why would you have a gun with you when you go to Applebees?
B. Why was he even at an Applebees to begin with, can't he afford to go to some place fancy.
C. Who would you really meet that you need to shoot in an Applebees?
and finally
D. WTF dude at least wait until you have removed gun from pants before operating
cowcatcher
12/1/08 9:43:57PM
the guy is just falling further and further into craziness the longer hes in NY, the best thing for all involved is probably for him to go elsewhere and try to start fresh but he is going to have that microscope over him for the rest of his career now.
cmill21
12/1/08 9:56:46PM

Posted by cowcatcher

the guy is just falling further and further into craziness the longer hes in NY, the best thing for all involved is probably for him to go elsewhere and try to start fresh but he is going to have that microscope over him for the rest of his career now.

Yeah send his ass to Oakland, we need a wideout!
Twenty20Dollars
12/1/08 9:58:18PM
I would say he is done with the Giants. I will also go out on a limb and say he is done playing the NFL. What if he gets a longer sentence than 3.5 years.

good news Giants can win w/o him and can prolly get some of that 35$ million back. Then can prolly get a top reciever in the off season. Chad Johnson?
Bowen50
12/1/08 10:08:43PM
Plaxico Burress = Cheddar Bob

i really like Plax as a player but it goes without saying this was a terrible decision on his part. i recently read an article in ESPN magazine about how NFL players are really beefing up their security ever since what happened with Sean Taylor and this incident reminded me of the article. i'll post it below if anyone is interested it was actually a very good read.

Article
TimKey07
12/1/08 10:20:48PM
they shouldn't even call him plaxico anymore they should just call his dumbazz "Cheedar Bob." i think it's funny, shot your own self with your own gun. how dumb can a man be? he's probably done in the nfl, and if not the only nfl he'll be playing will be nfl europe.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cmb19932
12/1/08 11:56:26PM
theres no more nfl europe lol
cmill21
12/2/08 12:50:05AM
CFL will take criminals and the like. Hell we could use a guy who shoots himself.
The_Ho_Bag
12/2/08 12:52:12AM
well idc about plax i always felt like he was a distraction for the team. but NYG has good WR depth so im not crying over it all i have to say it

WAR NYG
Svartorm
12/2/08 2:52:59AM
I'm wondering why a guy who makes $35 million a year can't drop $35 on a holster so he doesn't shoot himself.
Matimus
12/2/08 6:00:05AM
are you kidding me, how many rough ass thuggs use a holster.
Svartorm
12/2/08 6:35:02AM
Thats true. And I guess when trying to raise his street cred by talking about his life, he can claim "I've been shot", even though it was his own fault for rocking the Gangsta Carry.
ncordless
12/2/08 7:27:24AM
In some places this wouldn't even be that big of a deal, but in NYC carrying an unlicensed handgun=big time felony.

I kind of thought that he would be able to plea to get a fine and some probation but after hearing Bloomberg's comments I think Burress and Vick are going to be challenging Burt Reynolds and Adam Sandler for best prison football duo of all time.
iwannabesedated
12/2/08 1:51:19PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Seriously what a moron.
A. Why would you have a gun with you when you go to Applebees?
B. Why was he even at an Applebees to begin with, can't he afford to go to some place fancy.
C. Who would you really meet that you need to shoot in an Applebees?
and finally
D. WTF dude at least wait until you have removed gun from pants before operating

A>) it didnt happen at an AppleBees
b.)It didnt happen at an Applebes
C.it didnt happen at Applebees..
D.)Applebees doesnt have a VIP Section
iwannabesedated
12/2/08 5:08:03PM
Dailyshow Plaxico..

Its like the 3rd link down.

The Mumbai Tragedy is also hilarious.
DCRage
12/2/08 6:03:58PM
Burress is done for at least the regular season now. 4 game suspension and he's on the non-football injury list.
Wolfenstein
12/2/08 7:07:51PM
Why would he walk around with a gun in his waistband with the safety off? (I'm assuming it was in his waist because of where he got shot...and because it's gangsta). Maybe he'll pony up for some shoulder holsters now.

I don't think his punishment is going to be too severe. I mean there has to be some sympathy for a guy that just Cheddar Bob'd himself.
DCRage
12/2/08 7:35:09PM
Not if you're carrying a gun in NYC. Mayor Bloomberg is already on the record as saying he wants Plax fully prosecuted.
DJDark41
12/2/08 9:08:36PM
Its nice to see good ol' Bloomberg showing that NO ONE is above the law. These "superstars" who think they are above the law need to realize they aren't anything special.
StorminYourman
12/2/08 11:13:06PM
The way it seems is that they are throwing the book at him since he is a pro athlete he should beat this and just get a whole load of community service and maby some probation.
DJDark41
12/3/08 6:00:54PM

Posted by StorminYourman

The way it seems is that they are throwing the book at him since he is a pro athlete he should beat this and just get a whole load of community service and maby some probation.

No way in hell he should beat this. He was carrying a weapon which he had no legal right to carry, in a place where he shouldn't have even had a weapon. It should be a black and white case, but thanks to the amazing US legal system, his 3 1/2 years of minimum prison time for carrying an illegal firearm will probably end up on probation and community service. However, if I would go to jail in NYC for carrying an illegal concealed weapon, then so should he. What makes him any more special then me? Who gives a sh*t that he's a Super Bowl Champion and a famous/rich football player, that shouldn't make a bit of difference. He broke the law, and its a law that carries a minimum penalty of 3 1/2 years in jail. There is no asterik at the bottom of the book of laws that says *you don't have to follow these rules if your famous/rich*
StorminYourman
12/4/08 3:31:47AM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by StorminYourman

No way in hell he should beat this. He was carrying a weapon which he had no legal right to carry, in a place where he shouldn't have even had a weapon. It should be a black and white case, but thanks to the amazing US legal system, his 3 1/2 years of minimum prison time for carrying an illegal firearm will probably end up on probation and community service. However, if I would go to jail in NYC for carrying an illegal concealed weapon, then so should he. What makes him any more special then me? Who gives a sh*t that he's a Super Bowl Champion and a famous/rich football player, that shouldn't make a bit of difference. He broke the law, and its a law that carries a minimum penalty of 3 1/2 years in jail. There is no asterik at the bottom of the book of laws that says *you don't have to follow these rules if your famous/rich*

This is a class C not a class D from what it sounds to me they are trying to get himm with a class D.Plexi did have a lisence from the state of FLA. so it is not so open shut.
DJDark41
12/4/08 2:43:10PM

Posted by StorminYourman

This is a class C not a class D from what it sounds to me they are trying to get himm with a class D.Plexi did have a lisence from the state of FLA. so it is not so open shut.

Florida. Ok. Thats not New York, which is where he had the gun, so he WASN'T allowed to have it in NEW YORK, only in FLORIDA. Which, by the way, are NOT close at all. It should be open and mother f*cking shut, but because he's a fancy football player and he's rich he's probably gonna get off while the average hard-working citizen earning an honest living would get locked up so quick their head would spin.
StorminYourman
12/4/08 8:42:01PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by StorminYourman

Florida. Ok. Thats not New York, which is where he had the gun, so he WASN'T allowed to have it in NEW YORK, only in FLORIDA. Which, by the way, are NOT close at all. It should be open and mother f*cking shut, but because he's a fancy football player and he's rich he's probably gonna get off while the average hard-working citizen earning an honest living would get locked up so quick their head would spin.

I actually think they are going harder on him because of his celebrity status.He has no felonies so this is like a first time offense.He will get off.Mark my words!

Edit: I mean no jail time just service and/or probation.