i need a plan for this type of fighter?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » i need a plan for this type of fighter?
ivan-bam
6/2/08 2:01:23AM
i m 16 years old i have this fight comeing up the guy is 5'4 or 5'5 148 im 5'8 i have about a 4 inch reach advantage. I have seen this guy fight twice all he does is rush he won those 2 fights within 45 seconds the guys he was fighting were shocked he came out swinging thats the type of fighter he is hes just a boxer . i have trained in muay thai and bjj for about 7 months and boxing i need some advice how to take him
jae_1833
6/2/08 2:06:23AM
Use his momentum, throw him to the ground and beat him to a pulp....or catch him in his rush with a knee to the face.... all easier said than done.
throwmeahotone
6/2/08 2:06:33AM
I'm 15 and and I fight amateur , I'm 4-1 and I have fought a guy like this if u feel comfortable on the ground then do a takedown asap then focus on the submission your best at and just keep working for it if it goes to the second round he will probably be gassed then just start picking him apart with strikes at leg kickswhile defending yourself of course
Raykill
6/2/08 2:23:11AM

Posted by jae_1833

Use his momentum, throw him to the ground and beat him to a pulp....or catch him in his rush with a knee to the face.... all easier said than done.

Jackelope
6/2/08 8:17:08AM
Let him rush in, take him down and survive the initial onslaught and tire himself out. This seems to be the best strategy against guys like this. Houston Alexander, for example. James Thompson, for example. Kimbo Slice, for example. Best way seems to be to put em in a good old fashioned wrestler smother/man hump.

Either that or circle away from his power when he comes rushing in and put one down the pipe. Kind of like Wanderlei vs. CC when CC put that beautiful left straight down the pipe.
balack_o-bama
6/2/08 4:17:25PM
See Bj Penn vs Caol Uno!!! lol

They are right, use his momentum.

Look for the clinch to do this, that way if you dont get him down, you can still throw your knees.

ALSO........

Clich with him early. Against ropes/cage, using little knees here in there. Too the thighs, hips, and body. This will slow down his bull rushes for sure and he will likely expend alot of energy during the early goings. And you will have set the pace.
The-Don
6/2/08 6:01:18PM
A couple of ways I would handle this...
1) keep moving away if you feel comfortable fighting as you are moving backwards do that. let him come to you .. change your pace and then surprise him by change your direction come right back up the middle on him with a straight right or left his movement foward with your sudden burst foward might take him out of his game and maybe change the fight... Bruce Lee talks about this in some of his books.. it is also a fencing manuver... works great against strikers...

2) if you are real comfortable on the ground take him down and either out jits him or ground and pound.. as for the take down.. if you know some judo there are some throws that might help.. .. if you have strong wrestling.. clinch quickly and take him down that way...

3) picture CroCop in his fight Vs Fedor.. granted he lost... but if he was fighting almost anyone else.. CroCop would have won that as it was it was Fedor and well machines feel no pain apperently.. yuou need to be quick.. also becareful cause if your not scoring more hits the fact your backing up may work against you with the judges if you can't put him away.

4) if you have good boxing.. and heavy hands.. don't back up.. this dude might be used to people doing that.. he probably pushes everyone in his gym around this way and expects it.. espically if it is how his last 2 fights went.. Move foward... change levels and move around but keep coming foward.. It might be something he is not used to and if you get him back pedaling you maybe be able to do to him what Fedor did to CC in the above mentioned fight.. then that give you more options..

regardless fight hard good luck get it on video and get it posted.. I am sure many would love to watch .
Omega
6/2/08 8:07:29PM

Posted by Jackelope

Let him rush in, take him down and survive the initial onslaught and tire himself out. This seems to be the best strategy against guys like this. Houston Alexander, for example. James Thompson, for example. Kimbo Slice, for example. Best way seems to be to put em in a good old fashioned wrestler smother/man hump.

Either that or circle away from his power when he comes rushing in and put one down the pipe. Kind of like Wanderlei vs. CC when CC put that beautiful left straight down the pipe.

Best advice.

You other two guys need to be shot.
Omega
6/2/08 8:08:07PM

Posted by The-Don

1) keep moving away if you feel comfortable fighting as you are moving backwards do that. let him come to you .. change your pace and then surprise him by change your direction come right back up the middle on him with a straight right or left his movement foward with your sudden burst foward might take him out of his game and maybe change the fight... Bruce Lee talks about this in some of his books.. it is also a fencing manuver... works great against strikers...

2) if you are real comfortable on the ground take him down and either out jits him or ground and pound.. as for the take down.. if you know some judo there are some throws that might help.. .. if you have strong wrestling.. clinch quickly and take him down that way...

3) picture CroCop in his fight Vs Fedor.. granted he lost... but if he was fighting almost anyone else.. CroCop would have won that as it was it was Fedor and well machines feel no pain apperently.. yuou need to be quick.. also becareful cause if your not scoring more hits the fact your backing up may work against you with the judges if you can't put him away.

4) if you have good boxing.. and heavy hands.. don't back up.. this dude might be used to people doing that.. he probably pushes everyone in his gym around this way and expects it.. espically if it is how his last 2 fights went.. Move foward... change levels and move around but keep coming foward.. It might be something he is not used to and if you get him back pedaling you maybe be able to do to him what Fedor did to CC in the above mentioned fight.. then that give you more options..

regardless fight hard good luck get it on video and get it posted.. I am sure many would love to watch .

Also good.
The-Don
6/2/08 8:28:13PM

Posted by Omega

Posted by The-Don

Also good.

I was gonna say... How was my advice bad... I gave enough options since I do not know this kids own fighting style I tried to cover the most common fighting styles and give advice... Least I rate an Also good...
Jackelope
6/2/08 9:13:17PM

Posted by Omega

Posted by Jackelope

Best advice.

You other two guys need to be shot.

LOL, thanks

I would have gone deeper but I'm not sure how the OP's style looks in comparison. Aleksander Emelianenko also used something like this vs. James Thompson (the circle away from power technique)

To the OP- Really the best advice is to ask advice from your trainer who knows you and possibly also knows this other kid. It's real easy to SAY what seems right on the internet, but there could be intangible factors we're not aware of. So, ask your trainer (as long as he knows WTF he's talking about, LOL)
vince25
6/3/08 5:31:58PM
well if he rushes you just back kick him. im pretty sure if he gets a foot through his ribs he will be less tempted to rush you again. then with him out of his game you will be able to work yours. also if he rushes you you can do some sweet judo throws. you could even clinch with him and work knees to the body to try to tire him out.