Last place you'd expect to see a topic like this, but...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Last place you'd expect to see a topic like this, but...
Jackelope
6/5/08 9:39:45PM
Here is a list that Yahoo! users voted on. It is the 30 greatest animated films of all time.

Now, I'm not a homo.. but I grew up watching my fair share of Disney movies. I haven't seen one in quite a while, but this list got me a little fired up.

http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/Kung-Fu-Panda/1809826133/photos/358?pageno=0

Check it out if you're interested, but I think it's total B.S. About the only ones I agree with are Lion King ranked #2 and possibly the Shrek 1 ranking.

The Jungle Book ranked #29?!

Robin Hood not even ranked?!

WTF were these Yahoo! users thinking??

grappler0000
6/5/08 9:48:52PM
Ugh, where's The Sword in the Stone?
wolfman
6/5/08 9:51:04PM
LOL No one's judging you,.... ok well maybe. j/k

Seriously though, I grew up watching Disney/Animated movies as a kid and see no shame in admitting it. Probably the reason Robin Hood or some of the earlier ones aren't on there is due to most of the voters being born in the mid 90's or something. As most of the films on the list are "newer" animated films.
wolfman
6/5/08 9:53:59PM

Posted by grappler0000

Hell yeah, that's one of my favorites as well! Also, I'd add the Fox and the Hound(Sad movie....seriously) lol, 101 Dalmations, and The Rescuers Down Under....Feel free to make fun of me.
holt8081
6/5/08 9:55:57PM
I have two little girls so Ive seen them all
Jackelope
6/5/08 9:57:04PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by grappler0000

Also, I'd add the Fox and the Hound(Sad movie....seriously) lol and Rescuers Down Under

george112
6/5/08 10:01:56PM
Toy Story is my all time fav.
wolfman
6/5/08 10:01:57PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by wolfman

Posted by grappler0000

Also, I'd add the Fox and the Hound(Sad movie....seriously) lol and Rescuers Down Under

Classics man, pure classics! Oh the memories....
Jackelope
6/5/08 10:06:36PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by wolfman

Posted by grappler0000

Classics man, pure classics! Oh the memories....

Mad props have been given, my friend. Mad props.
backalley101
6/5/08 10:18:43PM
I have kids they have over 200 movies and yes seen them all
gartface
6/5/08 10:29:07PM

Posted by george112

Toy Story is my all time fav.

SpiderSilva
6/5/08 11:17:41PM
lets not forget A GOOFY MOVIE loved it growing up

and bigfoot doing the sock puppet ahhhhhh the memories
Jimbo
6/6/08 4:59:33AM
My fav is Lion King, that movie rocks so hard. I almost cried when Simba's dad died in the stampede lol

Anyone seen Ducktales??? Personally I think it is pretty damn close to Lion King greatness.

Plus the Lion King game on sega and the Ducktales games on PC and the ones on SNES are some of the best games ive ever played.

DISNEY FTW !!!!!!

pv3Hpv3p
6/6/08 11:17:45AM
I am a huge fan of animated movies...

The list seemed a little gentle, so I guess I can't blame them for not having Ninja Scrolls on there... Best animated movie ever...

Not a bad list though...

EDIT: oh... and no transformers? WTF??
The_Italian_Stallion
6/6/08 11:25:28AM

Posted by Jimbo

My fav is Lion King, that movie rocks so hard. I almost cried when Simba's dad died in the stampede lol

Anyone seen Ducktales??? Personally I think it is pretty damn close to Lion King greatness.

Plus the Lion King game on sega and the Ducktales games on PC and the ones on SNES are some of the best games ive ever played.

DISNEY FTW !!!!!!

The best movie of all time! Oh the memories! This movie rocked!
teddythetuna
6/6/08 2:53:46PM
The Incredibles is my favorite on that list. But i think the 30 greatest ANIMATED movies of all time is the wrong title cause i can think of a ton of anime movies i thought were better.
Beserk
Full Metal Alchemist
Basilisk
Hellsing
Samurai Champloo
GunGrave
Hellsing
Baki
Tokko
Samurai 7
Ninja Scroll
Blood
just to name a few
The_Ho_Bag
6/6/08 3:00:59PM

Posted by teddythetuna

The Incredibles is my favorite on that list. But i think the 30 greatest ANIMATED movies of all time is the wrong title cause i can think of a ton of anime movies i thought were better.
Beserk
Full Metal Alchemist
Basilisk
Hellsing
Samurai Champloo
GunGrave
Hellsing
Baki
Tokko
Samurai 7
Ninja Scroll
Blood
just to name a few

Beserk =

but my movie finding nemo is number 1 =]
teddythetuna
6/6/08 7:06:22PM
Berserk is not only the greatest anime ive seen but i consider it the best movie, period, that ive ever seen. I know cartoons or anime arent for everyone but that movie had everything
The_Ho_Bag
6/6/08 9:27:45PM
Guts=Pwnage

it was sick when he bit griffiths sword and broke his teeth
jiujitsufreak74
6/6/08 9:31:01PM

Posted by teddythetuna

Berserk is not only the greatest anime ive seen but i consider it the best movie, period, that ive ever seen. I know cartoons or anime arent for everyone but that movie had everything

i don't know, i like Bleach and Code: Geass better than Berserk although Berserk was pretty damn good.
dannyfrank
6/6/08 10:36:36PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by grappler0000

Hell yeah, that's one of my favorites as well! Also, I'd add the Fox and the Hound(Sad movie....seriously) lol, 101 Dalmations, and The Rescuers Down Under....Feel free to make fun of me.

dude, i totally agree. fox and the hound and the rescuers are my favorite disney movies ever!