Pitiful night (picks wise)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Pitiful night (picks wise)
Lord_Lenny
9/23/07 1:47:00AM
so... anyone else get crushed by 76. Everyone i took risks on lost and all the favorites i picked lost. I had a feeling about the forrest fight but i was swayed by the majority, i picked fitch originally and switched to diego at the last second and Chuck's been messing up my picks for awhile now. Overall a pitifull night of picks, but at least the fights were good.
PeteD
9/23/07 1:55:07AM
Sorry about that dude, I was 8-1. My only loss was Saraiva Vs. Stephens. However, the only thing I was able to pick correctly were the fighters themselves, nothing more
Lord_Lenny
9/23/07 2:01:50AM

Posted by PeteD

Sorry about that dude, I was 8-1. My only loss was Saraiva Vs. Stephens. However, the only thing I was able to pick correctly were the fighters themselves, nothing more

bastard.. just kidding.. yep iv lost twice now with saraiva. but 8-1 is pretty damn impressive on one of these cards where you cant tell whats gonna happen
wolfman
9/23/07 2:03:25AM
Yea, I got raped. I picked risky like you too. I had Machida to win by another UD, but I wanted Nak to win. Nak is a tough dude and I thought he might pull off the upset. I can't stand Machida(he is a boring fighter imo) and it is hard for me to pick a fighter if I dislike them. I know, you should pick who you think should win and not pick who you WANT to win. Yet, I picked Nak anyways. Then, I kept going back and forth with the Griffin/Tavares match. I knew it was going to go to decision, and instead of sticking with Griffin I chose Tavares instead. Yet again, I should have kept my original picks. This has been happening a lot, I should stop over analyzing these fights and just stay with my instinct. Does anyone else keep doing this too? I am sure there are others who have done this several times. Hopefully I pull it together next time.
spestle1
9/23/07 2:14:14AM
Tough run. I picked Forrest and Jardine so I had a great night, there are some great betting fights these last couple of cards. Managed to take my 1000 and turn it to 16000 plus so far, I've only bet three cards. Thank you Congo, Forrest & Jardine you're making it fun.

Sean
Lord_Lenny
9/23/07 2:19:25AM

Posted by wolfman

This has been happening a lot, I should stop over analyzing these fights and just stay with my instinct. Does anyone else keep doing this too? I am sure there are others who have done this several times. Hopefully I pull it together next time.

i hear you man, i think thats what screwed me in the Fitch fight and Shogun Forrest fight where i should have just went with my gut, but oh well the night was entertaining to say the least.
kopower
9/23/07 3:01:31AM
Yup, I got crushed also. Forrest is my favorite fighter and I bet against him. Stupid. I put money on Diego and lost and lost on the Liddell Jardine match also. I thought the same thing with the Griffin Tavares fight about going to a decision but I picked Tavares. The worst night of picks I've ever had. Only picked 3 fight winners correctly
Svartorm
9/23/07 5:34:02AM
I did pretty good. Went 7-2, as I picked Rua and Chuck, but got the over-under on the hot match, which helped a lot. My brother told me Fitch had trouble at the weigh-in, and I actually went to change my pick to Sanchez, but luckily the time was up, otherwise I would have been poorer in the points department.

In other news, I absolutely killed at Cage Rage 23. Results aren't up yet, but I imagine I'm in the top 10 or 20 for the event, and maybe overall as well. I was smart enough to change my pick from Brennen to Silva after doing a bit of MMath and seeing how poorly Brennen has done in the last few years.
babalu2720
9/23/07 9:18:56AM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Posted by wolfman

This has been happening a lot, I should stop over analyzing these fights and just stay with my instinct. Does anyone else keep doing this too? I am sure there are others who have done this several times. Hopefully I pull it together next time.

i hear you man, i think thats what screwed me in the Fitch fight and Shogun Forrest fight where i should have just went with my gut, but oh well the night was entertaining to say the least.

What kills me is I'll go on Sherdog or MMAWeely and they'll have some predictions up. I get swayed so easy its not even funny...I listen to these guys like they are GOD...so for now on i'm going to try and not be so easily influenced by the "experts" and go back to what won me the first season in the first place, be risky, but be smart....right now i'm like a lost disciple
DCRage
9/23/07 9:27:53AM
If it hadn't been for Forrest & Jardine I would've gone 8-1, I was 6-1 going into those last 2 fights and wound up having to settle for 6-3. And for the most part I was right on fnishing methods and end rounds too.
wolfman
9/23/07 12:18:09PM

Posted by babalu2720

What kills me is I'll go on Sherdog or MMAWeely and they'll have some predictions up. I get swayed so easy its not even funny...I listen to these guys like they are GOD...so for now on i'm going to try and not be so easily influenced by the "experts" and go back to what won me the first season in the first place, be risky, but be smart....right now i'm like a lost disciple

LOL Yea, I did the same thing for this fight and cage rage 23. I was unsure about a few fights and I thought one of the predictors on mmaweekly might help clear up my indecision. Well, that was a bad idea! It's funny, it is like I expect them to be 'GOD' at making picks like you said. Well, it is there job to make predictions, but I think most of us on here can pick better than those guys lol. I agree, it is best to stay with your original picks and not be swayed by the 'experts'. Because every time I have trusted them it has come back to bite me in the ass.
texuspete00
9/23/07 1:00:03PM
6-3. 61 points though for doing well on the rounds. I didn't pick either tuffie upset and got the clementi fight wrong.
m0nk3y
9/23/07 2:24:20PM
i did good on the bets but bad on the points.
was a good night for the underdogs.
i picked chuck to win , but those 6/1 odds made me bet on jardine.
Svartorm
9/23/07 3:38:48PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by babalu2720

LOL Yea, I did the same thing for this fight and cage rage 23. I was unsure about a few fights and I thought one of the predictors on mmaweekly might help clear up my indecision. Well, that was a bad idea! It's funny, it is like I expect them to be 'GOD' at making picks like you said. Well, it is there job to make predictions, but I think most of us on here can pick better than those guys lol. I agree, it is best to stay with your original picks and not be swayed by the 'experts'. Because every time I have trusted them it has come back to bite me in the ass.

You know, it would be kind of fun to enter their picks into the MMA Playground and see what their scores would have been, to see exactly how many people on here DO out pick the experts. There are a few guys on here that could easily make a living off of gambling on fights, if they don't already.
babalu2720
9/23/07 5:15:10PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by wolfman

Posted by babalu2720

You know, it would be kind of fun to enter their picks into the MMA Playground and see what their scores would have been, to see exactly how many people on here DO out pick the experts. There are a few guys on here that could easily make a living off of gambling on fights, if they don't already.

Glad to see i'm not the only easily influenced person on her..lol and i agree Svartom that would be cool to see how they do on this site.
kid_gorgeous
9/23/07 6:44:47PM
i got griffin. i figured chuck be on his game but ugh. did you see silva shakin' his head after the decision. jardine/silva - i don't know. yet, maybe its time for some peeps to step down. cro cop - liddel.
owen1
9/23/07 7:06:05PM
Ya that event was really hard to call....im up to 3rd in points though so i dont realy care about the picks i got wrong!!