Has the Pitbull lost his bite?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Has the Pitbull lost his bite?
disorderlyvision
4/24/07 12:09:07AM
link

I miss the old Andrei Arlovski.

You know the guy. He was the one who dropped and submitted Tim Sylvia, knocked the snot out of Paul Buentello and destroyed Justin Eilers, Ian Freeman and Vladimir Matyushenko in less time than it takes to down a cup of coffee. That Arlovski, complete with fang-enhanced mouthpiece, his own theme song and a coat of hair that would make a polar bear proud, embodied what's compelling about MMA and was a dude worth watching.
xthe_scottx
4/24/07 1:25:21AM
I miss the old Arlovski too. He is my favorite HW but it's becoming harder to have him as my favorite. He needs to be more willing to go to the ground IMO and I hope he starts trying to finish people much harder. I thought he could've finished Werdum in the first round a few times but he didn't go in for the kill.
Sopena66669
4/24/07 1:53:05AM
Its not just that he is afraid of goin to the ground i think he is suffering for Sylvia syndrome... Knowing that losing could possibly result in losing the chance to keep competeing for the ufc he seemed content on taking the first round and then just jabbing it out for the decision
Naturaldisaster
4/24/07 8:54:21AM
personally I thought andrei fought great against werdum. except for the 3rd round I thought it was a good fight
chentay2112
4/25/07 9:21:45PM
i think people are just so used to arlovski destroying people that when it doesent happen they are surprised...

i'm a big arlovski fan and would love to see him knocking people out again
jdubs
4/25/07 10:26:35PM
i dont think he is as confident as he once was so he is playin it safe for a while, he realized he is beatable and maybe he doubts himself a wee bit? anyways he is still a good guy and did anyone catch the condomdepot.com endorsement he had popping out on his t shirt
Leland
4/26/07 2:06:12PM
IMO I think Arlovski is being smart. He's acting like hes not on his game by winning with decision. He will come back and explode on someone. Possibly a HW title match, who knows? He's working his way up there.
pv3Hpv3p
4/26/07 6:06:32PM

Posted by jdubs

i dont think he is as confident as he once was so he is playin it safe for a while, he realized he is beatable and maybe he doubts himself a wee bit? anyways he is still a good guy and did anyone catch the condomdepot.com endorsement he had popping out on his t shirt

I was gonna say something about that... Not to be lude, but he had it written across his crotch as well

I guess a sponsors a sponsor, right?
DuncanFan819
4/28/07 4:50:56AM
It seems like Sylvia and AA both lost their balls after their fights with each other. Neither of them look even close to as good as they once were.