Pit Bosses: Premature Thoughts on YAMMA Fighting

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Pit Bosses: Premature Thoughts on YAMMA Fighting
grappler0000
2/11/08 2:08:51PM
Not since the progeny of singer David Bowie was christened Zowie -- swear to God -- has popular culture suffered a name as patently offensive to good taste as YAMMA Pit Fighting, the latest in the me-too march of MMA offerings.

Too harsh by half? Perhaps, but with two months to go before YAMMA makes its official debut at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, N.J., there's precious little else about the promotion to comment on.

Pit Fighting founder Bob Meyrowitz -- there's one for the résumé -- has been evasive in questions pertaining to the YAMMA fighting surface, alleged to revolutionize how we view the combat sports. No participants have been officially announced, though it's known that Meyrowitz plans on dusting off combatants from the UFC's heyday for a series of "Master" class super fights. The event will also use a single-night tournament to crown champions, a dubious honor awarded more for luck than skill.

Couple this with the rumored reunion tour of New Kids on the Block, and you'll forgive anyone who mistakes 2008 for 1994.

Link
StevenSeagal
2/11/08 2:36:29PM
Hey its different than what we have, so im not gonna bash it until I see it. I dont mind watching the elders... Plus they might have to fight on roller skates or some shi*. lol

Main Event:
Dan the Beast Vs Don Fry on Rollerskates in a lose ur Stash title match
Porch28
2/11/08 7:21:08PM
I'm going to go to it what the hell. It will probably a lot of fun
RMFG_187
2/11/08 11:42:52PM

Posted by StevenSeagal

Hey its different than what we have, so im not gonna bash it until I see it. I dont mind watching the elders... Plus they might have to fight on roller skates or some shi*. lol

Main Event:

LMAO thats the funniest thing. "Lose Your Stash Title Match"

lol
big_timmy
2/13/08 11:54:14PM
Main Event:

With the ref being none other than the 'tache himself, Mr Steve 'back of the head' Mazzaghatti.
Kpro
2/13/08 11:58:35PM

Posted by big_timmy

Main Event:

With the ref being none other than the 'tache himself, Mr Steve 'back of the head' Mazzaghatti.

with Tom Selleck as guest ring announcer?
TNunley
2/14/08 10:53:18AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by big_timmy

Main Event:

with Tom Selleck as guest ring announcer?

And Sam Elliot doing post-fight interviews.