Pictures from Affliction Press Conference + Dana talking shit on Affliction

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Pictures from Affliction Press Conference + Dana talking shit on Affliction
rycanto
7/18/08 6:45:24PM
I have never seen the owner before. His name is Tom Atencio. The spokeman for the fights I guess.

More pictures from the Affliction press conference on Combat Lifestyle .

Stuff from Dana White, in the LA times, saying how he knows the business and will sit back and watch Affliction Fail: Read it on CagePotato

Quote:

“The guy who owns this company sells T-shirts for a living,” White said. “They’ve never even put on a show.” “You want to learn how to do this business,” he said. “Spend 44 [expletive] million dollars to figure it out like I did . . . maybe you’ll make it, maybe you won’t. Good luck.”

Dana White...incapable of communicating without an expletive.[
loonytnt
7/18/08 6:49:00PM
well dana his first show is bigger then any you put on so i guess you should start sellin t-shirts
missypie
7/18/08 7:30:48PM

Posted by loonytnt

well dana his first show is bigger then any you put on so i guess you should start sellin t-shirts

...just no.
mrsmiley
7/18/08 9:02:41PM
Tim and Fedor .

Mattchoo
8/7/08 2:21:20PM
There is a man wearing golf shoes in that picture. Try spot him

telnights
8/7/08 5:36:52PM

Posted by Mattchoo

There is a man wearing golf shoes in that picture. Try spot him

Thats Trump.....
telnights
8/7/08 5:45:55PM
Dana is just telling it how it is. He has watched all the company's start up and fail within a year or two. Affliction has done somethings right but somethings really wrong. Their fighter pay for one is just way out of hand and if not fixed will bring the company down. The production wasn't bad but they scraped a hole fight because of time. Also almost every fight on their first card was a big miss match. So it wasn't the best fighting the best it was the some of the best fighting 2nd rate fighters. There are some other things but I don't want to make this long list of reason the company might fail. I would really like to see them make it but right now that doesn't seam to be the case. Dana and the UFC have been the only company so far to turn a profit and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
The-Don
8/10/08 2:13:19PM
I think as Affliction goes on thier shows are going to get better and the fights move even.. except whoever they put against Fedor.. really I think anyone against Fedor at this point is a mismatch... and really just has that punchers chance.... but you never know... the 2nd show for Affliction is looking to be alot less one sided...
Buddharox
8/13/08 3:15:35AM
Dana spent $44 million figuring it out? News to me.