Pics of Wandy training for Jardine.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Pics of Wandy training for Jardine.
ToeZup
5/2/08 11:34:42AM
You have to love the tapped up nose and snorkel.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6188&zoneid=2

bullettdodger
5/2/08 1:54:19PM

Posted by ToeZup

You have to love the tapped up nose and snorkel.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6188&zoneid=2

my caption for this would read "Moms, this is why you don't drink whilst pregnant, it comes out a snorklebaby"
pv3Hpv3p
5/2/08 2:18:05PM
I remember watching the curcuit training he was doing while snorkled before the Chuck fight... That shit was crazy...

I really really really hope Wandy can pull off this fight in fantastic fashion... There could be a lot of interesting fights for him in the future, but he's just got to get back on the winning track
woodmo
5/2/08 2:39:23PM
Is it me, or is he a lot smaller now?

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
Kastro
5/2/08 2:59:45PM

Posted by woodmo

Is it me, or is he a lot smaller now?

He is quite a bit smaller, I do believe he was taking steroids in Pride which he is not able to do in the UFC so that probably explains why.

Wandy looks focused, I would love to see him come out with the W.. however he has lost 3 in a row and Jardine is no slouch and im sure Greg Jackson will have him prepared with a solid gameplan.

Wandy suffers quite a bit of reach in this fight so he is going to have to get inside and close to Jardine with flurries of punches.. going to be interesting to see what goes down here.

Cant wait!!
NinjaCyborg
5/2/08 3:17:55PM
Thats the problem with the old Pride guys. They were all raging on roids, looking impressive. Then they come to the UFC and they can't take their steroids anymore, and they look lackluster.
I'm almost positive thats exactly what happened to Cro Cop.
Without his steroids he's simply not impressive.

I'm hoping W. Silva will still do well without the performance enhancers.
p_unit23
5/2/08 3:50:53PM
dang, i'm liking the hair too.
telnights
5/2/08 4:01:42PM
I think he is over training on cardio and not training enough on other things.
ufcboss
5/2/08 4:51:51PM

I was thinking that when I seen him training for Liddell, He should be really get good at countering leg kicks, Thats what he will see alot off I think.

WAR WANDERLEI
cmill21
5/2/08 6:51:06PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

Thats the problem with the old Pride guys. They were all raging on roids, looking impressive. Then they come to the UFC and they can't take their steroids anymore, and they look lackluster.
I'm almost positive thats exactly what happened to Cro Cop.
Without his steroids he's simply not impressive.

I'm hoping W. Silva will still do well without the performance enhancers.

Well he acctually weighs more now...so I don't think he's smaller. He does alot more cardio now and he completely changed his camp after moving from Pride to the UFC. As for Cro Cop, Shogun and others they are all pretty much the exact same size, and look the exact same.

I think your all not remembering correctly but hey maybe i'm nuts. Wand did admit to using roids early on while in the UFC and a bit in Pride but said he hadn't for a long time before coming to the UFC. Shogun and Cro Cop look 100% the same to me, just not Shogun's knee or Cro Cop's mind.
chickmagnet
5/2/08 9:29:03PM
Wanderlei isn't so small, I met him in person at xtreme couture and he is pretty big.
Jackelope
5/3/08 3:52:27AM
Yeah it's a shame that everyone automatically thinks all the people who were winning in Pride are/were on roids. I'm pretty sure K-1 doesn't have as bad of a reputation for roids as Pride, and Crocop was kicking ass in K-1.
Cladrix
5/3/08 2:13:23PM

Posted by cmill21
Well he acctually weighs more now...so I don't think he's smaller. He does alot more cardio now and he completely changed his camp after moving from Pride to the UFC. As for Cro Cop, Shogun and others they are all pretty much the exact same size, and look the exact same.

Its funny because Shogun looks bigger now then in Pride. It looks like he has more muscle mass.

WAR WANDY'S SNORKEL!!!!!!
EON
5/3/08 5:26:46PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

Thats the problem with the old Pride guys. They were all raging on roids,

get a source or **** off
JBatch
5/3/08 6:01:11PM
I love the snorkel.

I hope Wandy puts a beating on Jardine. Not because I don;t like Keith but only because I want to see Wandy back to his winning ways. Gotta love the Axe Murderer.
mk1630
5/3/08 6:25:44PM

Posted by JBatch

I love the snorkel.

I hope Wandy puts a beating on Jardine. Not because I don;t like Keith but only because I want to see Wandy back to his winning ways. Gotta love the Axe Murderer.

I hope Wandy can get back to his winning ways at 84.
ToeZup
5/3/08 7:37:45PM

Posted by mk1630
I hope Wandy can get back to his winning ways at 84.

I hope so too mk. He needs this W bad.
I hope he stops trying to out box guys and goes back to his nasty knees and clinch.
89vision
5/3/08 10:28:46PM
as much as i respect jardine im not worried fofr wandy he'll win via stylistic matchup, ko or decision
tomp6581
5/5/08 10:34:18AM
I personally think certain fighters where on steriods in pride. no question.
Im not so sure about Cro Cop, as his physique is the same, and IMO his poor UFC performances where down too not training in the cage at all at first etc.

Wanderlei and Shogun, in my opinion, where juicing up. I initially thought Shogun was on roids soon after his first rew bushido fights...he suddenly went huge in a very short space of time.

As for wanderlei, as soon as he entered UFC again his physique changed alot IMO. He was not as big at all.