My picks for who wins the show

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » My picks for who wins the show
Sensoria
9/25/08 10:07:57AM
Alright now I am doing this cause I have seen all of them fight. This is the best quality of fighters that has been on this show for a long time. Here is how I guess it plays out.

Semifinals

Phillipe Nover vs. Junie Browning
Efrain Escudero vs. Shane Nelson

Finals

Phillipe Nover vs. Efrain Esudero

Winner

Phillipe Nover

Semifinals

Shane Primm vs. Vinny Magalhaes
Soszynski vs. Ryan Bader

Finals

Ryan Bader vs. Vinny Magalhaes

Winner

Vinny Magalhaes
prozacnation1978
9/25/08 11:27:30AM
i don't know how you can pick the semis and finals when the teams have not been even annouced yet
jeez
rabbit915
9/25/08 11:44:42AM
Krzysztof Soszynski will win the LHWs. Called it when the cast list was released and im reaffirming that pick now.

I dont know any of the LWs so im not going to even try to pick that one.
mrkennedy
9/25/08 1:10:33PM
i got bader and Junie(if he not get kick out) for the winner
Rush
9/25/08 1:20:01PM

Posted by rabbit915

Krzysztof Soszynski will win the LHWs. Called it when the cast list was released and im reaffirming that pick now.

I dont know any of the LWs so im not going to even try to pick that one.

If he doesn' t he was certainly picked by the UFC to win the show. IMO, he is like Danzig. He is only on the show to be marketed. He has too much experience for most of the other guys.
gsquat
9/25/08 2:36:50PM
Well, the rumor that possibility still exists is that Joe Duerte is to come back onto the show and then proceeds to dominate. From the preview they showed last night, I see a lot of guys getting the boot this season. I have little faith that Junie will make it to the finals without being kicked off for a plethora of reasons. I like Krzysztov and I could see him making it to the semis, but for some reason I don't see him winning. They'll keep him around anyway. Too tough to call any finalists though. I'll let ya know in a couple more weeks.
nickcuc547
9/25/08 7:30:09PM
after the fight in fights here are my rankings. Now this is just on their one fight and I'm sure we will find out that some guys got better draws than others.

lw:
June Browning
Phillippe Nover
Efrain Escudero
Shane Nelson
Brian Kaplan
George Roop
Brian McLaughlin
John Polokowski

lhw:
Ryan Bader
Krystof Sozsynski
Tom Lawlor
Shane Primm
Vinny Maghales
Jules Bruchez
Eliot Marshall
Karn Grigoryan

Depending on teams and matchups i live Browning vs. Nover and Bader vs. Sozsynski, but I will have a better understanding after the teams are picked.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/25/08 9:38:39PM
what happend to glover texiera? i thought he was going to be on the show .
disorderlyvision
9/25/08 9:50:09PM

Posted by gsquat

Well, the rumor that possibility still exists is that Joe Duerte is to come back onto the show and then proceeds to dominate. .

if he is so dominant why would he have already signed with another org.?
mrkennedy
9/25/08 10:46:54PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Posted by gsquat

Well, the rumor that possibility still exists is that Joe Duerte is to come back onto the show and then proceeds to dominate. .

props for that

brian mclughlin and karen grigoryan are injury and i saw kyle kingsbury and jose aguilar in the trailer
Lord_Lenny
9/25/08 11:04:56PM

Posted by mrkennedy

I like Bader as well, with Junie being another heavy favorite, but judging by the previews both of them seem like they are going to get into some trouble

and i am confused with Duarte, he was hyped by Dana and then signed with another org. before the show even premiered. Usually isnt there a time where the fighters are sequestered until the finale or sometime after where they cant compete or be in the public eye in order to prevent spoilers? He might have violated his contract with the show if he is going to be brought back in, so i doubt he comes back
Jackelope
9/25/08 11:22:13PM
It really, really, really looks like Junie is going to get kicked off.

For certain reasons I would really like Bader to win the show, but I think Krzywsdfyasofduyzduyfauysdf Soszlksajkajsdfhh will beat him standing. As long as he can keep it off the ground Bader is going to be in trouble should they end up matched against one another.

Either way I think Bader will make it into the UFC. The LHW division needs a dominant GnP wrestler who has lots of room to grow. Bader fits that slot nicely.
jiujitsufreak74
9/26/08 12:38:15AM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Posted by gsquat

i was just about to say this
Sensoria
9/26/08 12:57:02AM
I dont understand this obsession with Junie by so many on this site all of a sudden. He is one of the stronger fighters. And looks polished. Here are the facts. He fought a weak guy, at parts was a close fight, and did not actually finish him. Whereas as the other guys looked amazing and where fighting each other.

But you gotta have Phillipe and Efrain at the top. They have more expierience and talent. Look at Efrain's record. I am not talking about what he wont or will do on the show to not be or be in the house. I am talking about real fighting. Duerte,Efrain, and Phillipe look to be to me clear productive lightweights for the ufc. Winning their share of fights, maybe even at some fighting for the title.
nickcuc547
9/26/08 6:57:37AM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Posted by mrkennedy

I like Bader as well, with Junie being another heavy favorite, but judging by the previews both of them seem like they are going to get into some trouble

and i am confused with Duarte, he was hyped by Dana and then signed with another org. before the show even premiered. Usually isnt there a time where the fighters are sequestered until the finale or sometime after where they cant compete or be in the public eye in order to prevent spoilers? He might have violated his contract with the show if he is going to be brought back in, so i doubt he comes back

i don't think dana actually mentioned his name, he said there was a fighter on the show who could be a lightweight anderson silva, and the rumor was he was talking about duarte, but dana never said it was duarte. as it turns out i guess it wasn't him.
disorderlyvision
9/26/08 8:40:02AM

Posted by Sensoria

I dont understand this obsession with Junie by so many on this site all of a sudden. He is one of the stronger fighters. And looks polished. Here are the facts. He fought a weak guy, at parts was a close fight, and did not actually finish him. Whereas as the other guys looked amazing and where fighting each other.

But you gotta have Phillipe and Efrain at the top. They have more expierience and talent. Look at Efrain's record. I am not talking about what he wont or will do on the show to not be or be in the house. I am talking about real fighting. Duerte,Efrain, and Phillipe look to be to me clear productive lightweights for the ufc. Winning their share of fights, maybe even at some fighting for the title.

i was listening until you said duerte would be productive for the ufc. he didn't even make the house and signed with somone else. i don't get why people are still jocking this guy over a rumor that he was like anderson silva, which obviously isn't the case, or he would be in the house, and not fighting for some org that noone has even heard of.

I agree about efrain though he looked good.
Lord_Lenny
9/26/08 5:02:20PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Posted by mrkennedy

i don't think dana actually mentioned his name, he said there was a fighter on the show who could be a lightweight anderson silva, and the rumor was he was talking about duarte, but dana never said it was duarte. as it turns out i guess it wasn't him.

i see, that clears some of the confusion up
mrkennedy
9/26/08 6:13:29PM

Posted by Sensoria

close fight are you kinding me im sure you judged karen grigoryan vs eliot marshall 30 -27 for karen
jiujitsufreak74
9/26/08 6:16:21PM
i like the odds of Drew Fickett's protege and the IFL star to win their respective divisions.
nickcuc547
9/26/08 6:22:45PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i like the odds of Drew Fickett's protege and the IFL star to win their respective divisions.

them being??? I know sozsynski, who's the other.
jiujitsufreak74
9/26/08 6:23:25PM

Posted by nickcuc547

them being??? I know sozsynski, who's the other.

Efrain Escuerdo
ncordless
9/26/08 7:11:31PM
Efrain is probably the guy to beat in the LWs. Bader is the same in the LHW.

Why does everyone talk about Aguilar so much? He quit after the first round... why would they have him back?

I hope they bring back Ido Pariente and Kyle Kingsbury. I think both those guys are among the best of the entire group and got a bum deal fighting Efrain and Bader.
ncordless
9/26/08 7:13:37PM

Posted by ncordless

Why does everyone talk about Aguilar so much? He quit after the first round... why would they have him back?

I hope they bring back Ido Pariente and Kyle Kingsbury. I think both those guys are among the best of the entire group and got a bum deal fighting Efrain and Bader.

If they do bring back Kyle, I hope they put him in there vs. Krsytoff Sodapopinski. Stand up war
jiujitsufreak74
9/26/08 7:29:15PM

Posted by ncordless

i totally agree about Kyle, Mir said it perfectly when he said that it sux to see two solid fighters face each other so early and only have one of them make the show while two lesser fighters fight each other and one makes it onto the show that doesn't necessarily deserve to be there. Kyle looked really good against Bader and i would like to see him back.
Jackelope
9/26/08 8:10:23PM

Efrain Escuerdo

That's been my guy to win LW since the names were announced. You guys brought up really good points about the prelim fights. Some fighters didn't look as dominant as they will be simply because their opponents were so good. Bader and Escudero being the case for damn sure.

To address another matter that was brought up in this thread- The thing that impressed me about Junie (although I believe he'll be kicked off the show) is that when escaping submissions he used really clean techniques and never looked nervous.
RazorRay9
9/26/08 9:59:06PM
I got Krzysztof Soszynski to win LHW and Efrain Escudero to win LW.