My 75 picks, all or nothing

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » My 75 picks, all or nothing
Pitbull09
8/27/07 12:02:35AM
After making nice money off Randy, I decided to place all my money in this ppv. Here what it looks like.

Dan Henderson 1469 if i win
1470 if i lose

Cheick Kongo 186 if i win
30 if i lose

Matt Hamil 210 if i win
70 if i lose

Thiago Silva 88 if i win
300 if i lose

As you see, I have a lot of faith in Henderson. All the underdog bets almost get covered when Silva wins so they cancel out unless an underdog wins and give me more of a payout.

juanez13
8/27/07 12:13:12AM
nice to see some ppl putting their money where their mouth is....man thats alot of money on hendo, i personally will pick rampage, just for 2 simple reasos,#1 he's stand up, looked very impressive vs chuck, cut him off everywhere chuck went, made him circle the way chuck didnt wanna go, #2 strenght- he is natural LHW, think good enoguh to stop most take downs, and we might even see some slams from page.....

but one thing is for sure,this will be a war, and hendo has a heavy right hand, but having said that they both have VERY good chins, and are both very calm when hit hard.......man i dont know your reasoning for picking kongo, but if you do put some more cash, he is a heavy undedog, and if you truly belive he will win i suggest you put some fat cash on him.........i will not put any money othis fight for 1 reason- i think mirko will win, but he is heavy favourite so no point on betting on him if i am not gonna win alot of money...
Pitbull09
8/27/07 3:25:51AM
Well my philosophy on the wagers is pick a 50/50 fight (Hender/Jackson) and bet a big amount there, then make some underdog (Hamil and Kongo) bets that are below $100. From there I then find a pretty much guarenteed win (Thaigo Silva) so when he wins, he makes me enough money that covers the underdog money. That way if the underdogs (Hamil and Kongo) lose, I even out in the wagers thanks to my guarented winner (Thiago Silva.)

So in other word, I may be betting $30 on Kongo, but I picked Mirko to win on the predictions. That way, I either get a win on my record or a nice underdog payout of $186. I did the same with Hamil. Bet money on him but didnt pick him for my predictions.

How do you make your wagers?
Twenty20Dollars
8/27/07 7:39:42AM
im putting money on kongo,alessio, and hendo.
juanez13
8/27/07 12:39:28PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Well my philosophy on the wagers is pick a 50/50 fight (Hender/Jackson) and bet a big amount there, then make some underdog (Hamil and Kongo) bets that are below $100. From there I then find a pretty much guarenteed win (Thaigo Silva) so when he wins, he makes me enough money that covers the underdog money. That way if the underdogs (Hamil and Kongo) lose, I even out in the wagers thanks to my guarented winner (Thiago Silva.)

So in other word, I may be betting $30 on Kongo, but I picked Mirko to win on the predictions. That way, I either get a win on my record or a nice underdog payout of $186. I did the same with Hamil. Bet money on him but didnt pick him for my predictions.

How do you make your wagers?

i havent put any wangers yet, almost all odds arent playing in my favor, but i think i going to bet it all on rampage $1,120, that way imy payoff would be huge, i would get $896, but i'll put my wagers maybe the day before, and i might adjust it a little bit, but as for now that is my wagering plan for UFC 75...
Pitbull09
8/27/07 4:40:38PM
Thats not a bad stradegy. In the wagers, you have to take risks if you want to progress up and underdog bets are more rewarding. In the simple predictions game, picking an underdog isnt worth it since you only recieve 2 extra points, when in a hot bout, you get double the points.

I dont understand how you get more points for picking an evenly matched fight winner over the complete underdog. Anyways, the wager game has interested me way more since UFC 74 when i bet 500 on couture. Its a rush, lol
hotrodttt
8/27/07 5:01:29PM
I think you have some good wagers up there, I personally am putting 1000 on Hamill