Who is picking Jardine?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who is picking Jardine?
Next Page »
chickmagnet
2/14/09 7:34:26PM
I am curious to see who is picking Jardine.

Just because I really want him to win, I could see him pulling off an upset if he moves away and throws that leg kick over and over til Rampage cant plant that foot anymore. This fight is so interesting to me because they both share common opponents: Forrest Griffin, Chuck Liddell, and Wanderlei Silva. Plus its an interesting fight because both of their main strengths are the others weakness, Rampages main strength is his agrressive boxing which has been hard for Jardine to deal with and has cost him fights with Wandy and Houston. Jardines main strength is his kicks, mostly his right roundhouse kick to the leg, which Rampage has had big problems with which cost him the Griffin fight.

Who is going to execute their game?

I want to pick Jardine but I dont know if his chin can hold up.

Thoughts?
Pookie
2/14/09 7:50:20PM
the thing that makes me doubt it is that when rampage comes into a fight at top condition - his stand up defense and accuracy on his power punches is incredible.

The kicks will give rampage trouble but Jardine's awkward stance and tendency to flail his hands before and after he punches will more than likely get him caught with something powerful early.

Its very hard to set up kicks if your reluctant to throwing punches. And thats what i think he will be if he comes in with the right strategy.
JimiMak
2/14/09 8:34:17PM
I think that Rampage takes this fight most of the time, but on any one night Jardine stands a better chance than most ppl give him. I prob'ly won't pick Jardine, but if the price is right I may bet on him as an upset.
lohmann
2/14/09 8:51:02PM
I can see Jardine throwing a leg kick early, trying to find distance, only to eat one of Rampage's facewreckers.

Franklinfan47
2/14/09 9:07:20PM

Posted by lohmann

I can see Jardine throwing a leg kick early, trying to find distance, only to eat one of Rampage's facewreckers.

Exactly. I see this going down very similar to Jardine-Wandy.
DCRage
2/14/09 9:21:47PM
I'm taking Jardine to win. I don't like how Rampage is getting preferential treatment despite his legal issues, and part of me wants Dana to just give Machida his title shot already.
Khaos
2/14/09 10:47:55PM
I'm picking Jardine, only because I like him and I'm still bitter that Rampage Ko'ed Wanderlei.
prozacnation1978
2/14/09 11:06:59PM
i am 0-2 with rampage and 0-1 with jardine picking to win live

i am picking rampage cause even though jardines kicks are nastier than forrest i think rampage will knock him out in the mid round,, if jardine does win it would be by decision but this is no 5 round fight either, they won't gas out and with two quick exits by knockouts by alexander and wandy rampage punching power is equal or more than those two
bjj1605
2/15/09 3:01:05AM
Jardine. He is akward and his kicks will give page trouble. besides i just can't pick rampage. I don't think he represents the sport well and i don't like his fighting style.
fonduktoe
2/15/09 3:12:28AM

Posted by bjj1605

Jardine. He is akward and his kicks will give page trouble. besides i just can't pick rampage. I don't think he represents the sport well and i don't like his fighting style.

his fighting style won the belt and give the guy a break when it comes to his outer-octagonal exploits- everyone f*cks up, atleast he didn't bite somebody's ear off
sparky
2/15/09 6:33:51AM
Jardine is going down in the first round. I just cant see him pulling off this upset at all Rampage hits way to hard for Jardine in my opinion!!
State_Champ
2/15/09 9:29:25AM
I definitely think that Rampage will win this fight. At least, I hope he can win because he needs to win backthat title that he shouldn't have lost in the first place!
MMAcca
2/15/09 9:33:57AM
I love how everyone who is picking Jardine to win, are doing so because they don't like Rampage...

WAR JACKSON!!!
EvenFlow
2/15/09 10:33:05AM
I'm not always a big fan of Rampage but since Rashad has the belt I gotta root for him because he is most likely next. I am also bitter about the Wand KO.. but Rampage will win early and violently. I dont think Greg Jackson or anyone can put up a good gameplan for him honestly, Jardine isnt Forrest, I dont think he can leg kick Rampage the whole time without paying for it dearly and everywhere else it goes it favors Rampage as well. I cant help but feel bad for the guy though, close to a title shot even though he didnt deserve it but has had to fight Wand now Rampage back to back. I'd rather see Bonnar vs Jardine 2 and give Machida the shittle tot in spring.
gsquat
2/15/09 11:30:35AM
Although I'm picking Rampage, I think Jardine has a great chance. If it goes to a decision, I'd bank on Jardine winning. The only problem is, can Jardine and his glass jaw make it that long? Rampage is one of if not the best striker that Jardine will have ever faced. Through three rounds, I see Rampage eventually catching him.
Boo_Radley21
2/15/09 11:47:42AM
I really like both these guys, they're two of my favourite light heavyweights, so I'm excited for this fight, but once again, I'm in a situatuon where I don't want either guy to lose. Right now I have Rampage but my mind keeps changing because I know that Jardine can pull it off. It's gonna be good, and hopefully I can get my pick straight soon.
tmas
2/15/09 12:19:26PM
Wandy beat Jardine by KO, Rampage beat Wandy by KO, therefore this fight shouldnt even take place by defalt Rampage is better ;p.
higdon10
2/15/09 1:04:50PM
It isnt as one sided of a matchup as some think but I am taking Rampage by early KO. Jardine's chin is suspect to say the least.
PABLOMAFIOSO
2/15/09 1:15:28PM
I think Jardine is being fed to Rampage, it is a fight that sets up some potentially great future match-ups if/when Rampage wins. IMO Jardine is not in the UFC's long term plans. He has a win over Liddell which will probably be avenged after this loss.
postman
2/15/09 1:40:51PM

Posted by tmas

Wandy beat Jardine by KO, Rampage beat Wandy by KO, therefore this fight shouldnt even take place by defalt Rampage is better ;p.

MMA math at it finest!
bls1919
2/15/09 5:07:22PM
Although I dont have him picked to win, Jardine could pull it off. he will need to find his distance early and land a lot of leg kicks. I will be rooting for Jardine all the way though. I want Machida to fight Rashad and it looks like if Page wins he gets the shot.
1daveufc
2/15/09 5:14:39PM
Am going rampage a dont like jardine one bit a hope we see the long awaited slam arona style. GO RAMPAGE
Styles
2/16/09 12:48:18PM
yup because MMAmath always works... like how Jardine KO'd Forrest, Rampage lost a desicion to him... must be a wash. Just messing.

Quite frankly, I dont give a rats ass about either of these fighters at this moment. Yeah a bit sour about the Wandy K-O, Jardine, to me is a lack luster fighter that has had a couple K-O's but mailny boring (like Houston), but Mach has done more then just deserve a title shot, there should be no question about it. I hope that this is as boring of a fight as humanly possible so that Mach gets the title shot. Despite all of that.... Rampage FTW most likely by 2nd rd KO/TKO (but hoping for a split des.)
jawbreaker517
2/16/09 5:34:09PM
Not me. I've seen Jardine's track record against heavy hitters, and its not too good. Not to mention Rampage's chin is very good.
jawbreaker517
2/16/09 6:02:03PM

Posted by Styles

yup because MMAmath always works... like how Jardine KO'd Forrest, Rampage lost a desicion to him... must be a wash. Just messing.

Quite frankly, I dont give a rats ass about either of these fighters at this moment. Yeah a bit sour about the Wandy K-O, Jardine, to me is a lack luster fighter that has had a couple K-O's but mailny boring (like Houston), but Mach has done more then just deserve a title shot, there should be no question about it. I hope that this is as boring of a fight as humanly possible so that Mach gets the title shot. Despite all of that.... Rampage FTW most likely by 2nd r
d KO/TKO (but hoping for a split des.)

I don't know what MMAmath you two are talking about, but the fact of the matter is styles make fights. Do alittle more research and you'll see.
chickmagnet
2/18/09 7:44:41PM

Posted by tmas

Jardine beat Forrest by tko, Forrest beat Rampage by Decision. MMA Math doesnt prove anything.
egangster
2/18/09 9:48:27PM
chickmagnet u can not bet jardine is going to get a beat down first round ko
jakeiceman
2/19/09 11:04:55AM
I can't bring myself to pick Jardine.....there is a chance that he can pull off the upset, he has before, I think he does it just to screw with me. Page's power and standup defense is just too much in my opinion.

And I dont think that Jardine has a glass jaw to say, I mean its not horrible (Arlovski...cough...cough ) He got blasted by two heavy hitters in Wand and Houston. Liddell never caught him flush because he executed those leg kicks so well (but he did jack his face up )

In the end he is just too sloppy and Rampage is incredibly confident in throwing those bombs because he blocks shots with his movement better than anyone right now.

Page KO end of RD one.

chickmagnet
2/19/09 10:58:43PM

Posted by gsquat

Although I'm picking Rampage, I think Jardine has a great chance. If it goes to a decision, I'd bank on Jardine winning. The only problem is, can Jardine and his glass jaw make it that long? Rampage is one of if not the best striker that Jardine will have ever faced. Through three rounds, I see Rampage eventually catching him.

Idk if Rampage is the best striker he has faced, maybe the best boxer and hardest puncher.
chickmagnet
2/19/09 11:01:34PM

Posted by egangster

chickmagnet u can not bet jardine is going to get a beat down first round ko

This is MMA, anything could happen, Chuck was supposed to beat down Jardine in the first round and it didnt happen. Im just asking who is picking Jardine out of curiosity. I will be picking Rampage to win but I think Rashad Evans will beat Rampage i they fight after
Pages: [1] 2