Who you picking at UFC on Fuel TV: Barao vs McDonald?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who you picking at UFC on Fuel TV: Barao vs McDonald?
fightpredictor
2/13/13 8:27:27PM
I only have 4 picks on this card.

Barao over McDonald. 1 unit at 1.34 to 1 (-275)
Poirier over Swanson. 1 unit at 2.04 to 1 (+104)
Riddle over Mills. 1 unit at 3.04 to 1 (+204)
Sass over Castillo. 1 unit at 1.83 to 1 (-115)

Why is Riddle such a huge underdog and who do you have picked?
sparky
2/13/13 8:45:42PM
I took Mills but I wont be surprised if Riddle wins
Budgellism
2/13/13 8:50:11PM

Posted by sparky

I took Mills but I wont be surprised if Riddle wins

Same here.
fightpredictor
2/13/13 10:35:27PM
Funny how the odds on this site favour Riddle, while he is a huge underdog on the betting websites.
JLS1980
2/13/13 11:14:28PM
I like Barao and Poirier. I think Poirier vs Swanson is the HB for a reason and I think could go either way.

Also siding with Che Mills. If Riddle decides to stand and trade, it should go in Mills favor. I think Riddle will have the clear wrestling/ground game advantage.

Honestly I think the real odds are a little out of whack in Mills favor. If I was making the odds I'd have Mills a -170 favorite.

jae_1833
2/14/13 12:11:07AM
Riddle has bad fighter IQ and a lot of us can see him (and are predicting) getting hit hard and going back to a bang out situation with Mills...that would most likely lead to Mills KOing him. Plus most of us just don't like him I am guessing.
Bubbles
2/14/13 12:26:58AM

Posted by fightpredictor

Funny how the odds on this site favour Riddle, while he is a huge underdog on the betting websites.

the odds on this site have nothing to do with real life lines, most of the time it is very far off. It's based on the number of people who have already made their picks by the time this event is open for bidding and does not move once it's been posted
airkerma
2/14/13 9:53:14AM

Posted by fightpredictor

Everybody here is smoking Riddle's hydro
prozacnation1978
2/14/13 2:32:53PM
I got all same picks as you
Still picking. I like mcdonald a lot
Taught myself not to go with favorites
jjeans
2/14/13 2:36:48PM

Posted by fightpredictor

Why don't you make all your picks?
tcunningham
2/14/13 2:46:06PM

Posted by fightpredictor

guys like riddle are overlooked a lot because of the name they are fighting. the fact is riddle is a great wrestler who can keep a great pace. the possibility of him taking down the UK fighter is high, and once he's down his grappling could prove to be too much for che. riddle can grind out a win here
fightpredictor
2/14/13 9:23:54PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by fightpredictor

the odds on this site have nothing to do with real life lines, most of the time it is very far off. It's based on the number of people who have already made their picks by the time this event is open for bidding and does not move once it's been posted

Oh cool that makes sense. Thanks man
fightpredictor
2/14/13 9:24:45PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by fightpredictor

I use an advanced statistical model. On a card like this, there is limited stats on many of the fighters. On the bigger cards I usually have 9 or 10 picks.
Bubbles
2/14/13 10:31:23PM

Posted by fightpredictor

Posted by jjeans

Posted by fightpredictor

I use an advanced statistical model. On a card like this, there is limited stats on many of the fighters. On the bigger cards I usually have 9 or 10 picks.

this is just a fantasy game with no real world consequences. You can make all of your picks. What you are talking about is betting, which is a little different than just picking winners (and outcome of fight)
40ouncetpkid
2/15/13 6:35:12AM
I feel like Sass wins by submission. Riddle is talking like Bisping and hes gonna get knocked out like him.

I like Cub against Porier. Cub has become super dangerous with his new footwork.

I like Macdonald too. He literally has no chance but a KO imo, but I think he will make Bareo slug and get the KO.
jjeans
2/19/13 5:42:09PM
2 right 2 wrong. Why don't you pick more fights? That way your more likely to be a fight predictor like your name suggests
ncordless
2/19/13 6:05:24PM

Posted by fightpredictor

Because the playgrounders know better than the betting websites, apparently.
fightpredictor
2/20/13 11:12:13PM

Posted by jjeans

2 right 2 wrong. Why don't you pick more fights? That way your more likely to be a fight predictor like your name suggests

I wish I could, but I'm picking using statistics so I can only pick those fighters who have had a few big show fights. Otherwise there would be way too much randomness.