Anyone picking Forrest?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anyone picking Forrest?
chickmagnet
7/23/09 7:31:39PM
Im interested to see some opinions on Griffin/Silva. Griffin is an underdog, but i dont see why. I mean of course Silva is the favorite, but Griffin has a great chance. He's the biggest guy Anderson has fought since Rich Franklin, and Rich is only 6'1. Forrest is 6'3 and cuts from 225lbs+, Forrest is strong, and has a great chin, and his striking has improved greatly. Forrest has shown it will take more than just one good punch to knock him out. I think if Forrest can get Anderson on the ground he can do some damage.

I havent made the pick yet, but i would put some money on Forrest.

Never count this guy out, we are talking about a guy who beat Shogun and Rampage, who else has done that?

TimW001
7/23/09 7:32:30PM
I'm going for Forrest.
iceliddell240
7/23/09 7:33:25PM
i got forest, i think he'll win a decision with crisp striking and a few takedowns
Biggz
7/23/09 7:35:21PM
I have Forrest...by KO actually. But i also think he has a better chance than people are giving him.
joshryanshepherd
7/23/09 7:38:34PM
well i agreee with some stuff and disagree with others.

i think that Forrest's chin is awful. sure he can recover and can take punishment but if a punch lands he usually goes down.

i think that Forrest will out move Anderson and eventually start to frustrate him causing more openings. from what ive seen Silva doesnt check much leg kicks and i see Griffin slowing him down with some good kicks.

I will definitely be nervous but im hoping Forrest UD
king_katool
7/23/09 8:12:12PM
ive got forrest and hendricks in my parlay, i think forrest is silva's toughest fight in his career so far, and yes he has a very good chanceat winning IMO,
SpiderSilva
7/23/09 8:37:42PM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

i think that Forrest's chin is awful. sure he can recover and can take punishment but if a punch lands he usually goes down.

i think that Forrest will out move Anderson and eventually start to frustrate him causing more openings. from what ive seen Silva doesnt check much leg kicks and i see Griffin slowing him down with some good kicks.

Really Franklin moves better than Forrest and has better stand up I hope your right and if Forrest stays standing he will get Destroyed you must not think highly of Silva. The only way Forrest wins is if he takes Silva down and hopes he doesn't get subed or get KTFO from his guard like he has in the past let's see

Silva has better all around striking and faster
Better BJJ
Forrest might be able to take him down but he will end up standing and get KOed
In Forrest big wins over Rampage(he got lazy) and Shogun(hurt) they under estimated him Silva will be. 100% ready to smash him
joshryanshepherd
7/23/09 8:41:04PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Really Franklin moves better than Forrest and has better stand up I hope your right and if Forrest stays standing he will get Destroyed you must not think highly of Silva. The only way Forrest wins is if he takes Silva down and hopes he doesn't get subed or get KTFO from his guard like he has in the past let's see

Better BJJ
In Forrest big wins over Rampage(he got lazy) and Shogun(hurt) they under estimated him Silva will be. 100% ready to smash him

haha
Irish_Pride
7/23/09 8:55:03PM
I have Forrest winning this fight. Ofcourse, I'm a big Forrest fan so maybe my opinion is a bit biased, but I really think Forrest can pull out the decision victory because he is a big LHW. I honestly think he can give Silva trouble in the striking game and then control Silva on the ground with his weight and strength. As long as Forrest doesn't get caught with Silva's amazing striking ability he should be able to win the fight.
SpiderSilva
7/23/09 9:11:28PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Better BJJ

haha

Man you know what I want that av bet I'm gonna let my boy know sense Barnett can't pass a drug test that I want that **** to rub it in those weak dreams you have of forrest
kopower
7/23/09 9:12:08PM
Silva by destruction. Griffin may be bigger but he is also slower. We've seen that he does not have knock out power. I'm a huge Forrest fan but I know what's coming.
Wolfenstein
7/23/09 9:44:54PM
I doubt 10-15lbs is going to make that big a difference. Anderson walks around at 215, and when he fought James Irvin I thought he looked like a pretty good sized LHW comparatively speaking.

I wouldn't say Forrest's chin is great, but I wouldn't say it's weak either--just average. A precision striker like Anderson Silva...I think it's bad news for Griffin. It seems like a couple subpar performances, and everyone forgets just how good Anderson Silva is. I would be surprised if Forrest makes it out of the first round.
the_01
7/23/09 11:20:01PM
Common, enough with the emotions thing. We may want Forrest to win, but inside, we all know that he has very small chance to nill. Silva by Submission.
prozacnation1978
7/23/09 11:45:31PM
i would never pick forrest against silva even if i was dead drunk
bigbubbano23
7/24/09 1:28:23AM
NOPE, he's a great fighter with alot of heart, but Anderson's precision striking is gonna kill him. if rashad can pick him apart Anderson will have a field day.
TimW001
7/24/09 2:38:35AM
I think Forrest is going to take him down and use his size and strength to defeat him by UD.
Kpro
7/24/09 3:12:02AM

Posted by bigbubbano23

if rashad can pick him apart Anderson will have a field day.

Forrest picked Rashad apart for 2 rounds before being caught. As the 14-7 and 32-16 shots landed for the 1st and 2nd rounds prove (31-11 in power shots over the first 2 rounds for Griffin). I don't know anyone who gave Rashad either of the first 2 rounds.

Regardless, I think the fight comes down to if Anderson pushes the striking game like he did against Franklin both fights. If he's tentative, Forrest could absolutely pick his shots and take a Decision. If he's aggressive Anderson, I think it's only time until the shots find their mark to drop him.
Aaronno9
7/24/09 3:26:30AM
Anderson will destroy Forrest imo. No disrespect intended to Forrest, hes a great fighter, and improves constantly, but hes got nothing on Anderson. If Forrest comes in looking for a fight, Anderson R2 TKO. If he comes in tenative trying a gameplan similar to Cote or Thales, Anderson UD.
Aleks_Smash
7/24/09 11:19:25AM
I picked forrest but Anderson can win this fight anywhere. but i still go for forrest
UFCmma666
7/24/09 2:57:37PM
i hope he wins but i just cant see it remember pick with your brain not youre heart
StorminYourman
7/24/09 2:58:05PM
I am still undecided. Right now going with Silva but can be convinced to go with Forrest.
slapshot
7/24/09 5:53:36PM
Forrest is one of the largest LHW in the UFC and I think he can muscle A Silva around a bit. I dont think Silva can sub him from the bottom and I would think that Forrest's gameplan would be to put him there.

Anderson has enjoyed a lot of advantages over his opponent's but he's not going to have that kind of size reach gap in this fight. If this fight goes to the ground the 15 lbs will be a good advantage.

I'm taking Forrest in this fight but would not be suprised to see A. Silva win.
CwB
7/24/09 6:13:31PM

Posted by UFCmma666

i hope he wins but i just cant see it remember pick with your brain not youre heart

I reject your logic, forrest for the Win
TimW001
7/24/09 6:53:07PM
I had a dream last night where Forrest won by inverted triangle. So that's what's going to happen most likely.
icebergsnoopy
7/24/09 8:03:14PM
Definitely NOT counting him out, Silva's the man but, Forrest seems to perform against top notch, he beats Rampage, Sho Gun, and a close loss to tito, but he loses to Jardine.
bigbubbano23
7/24/09 8:15:17PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by bigbubbano23

if rashad can pick him apart Anderson will have a field day.

Forrest picked Rashad apart for 2 rounds before being caught. As the 14-7 and 32-16 shots landed for the 1st and 2nd rounds prove (31-11 in power shots over the first 2 rounds for Griffin). I don't know anyone who gave Rashad either of the first 2 rounds.

Regardless, I think the fight comes down to if Anderson pushes the striking game like he did against Franklin both fights. If he's tentative, Forrest could absolutely pick his shots and take a Decision. If he's aggressive Anderson, I think it's only time until the shots find their mark to drop him.

i do agree, if anderson performs the way he has been he will most likely lose. but i think he's got alot to prove and this is the fight where he's gonna come back. and i will not count forrest out, he is maad funny and a great fighter.