Anyone picking Forrest?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anyone picking Forrest?
Next Page »
chickmagnet
3/18/08 10:38:06PM
I know this fight is a ways away and they have to do the TUF first but I would really like to see Forrest win against Rampage, does anyone think he can beat Rampage? I want to think so but after watching Rampages fight with Dan that was a brawl and they both exchanged some wild punches and I dont know if Forrest could brawl with page, hopefuly forrest will find a way to win this one.

WAR FORREST!!!
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/18/08 10:41:20PM
nope, Rampage 1st round t(ko)
seanfu
3/18/08 10:42:35PM
Rampage 3ed round finish
tuvok500
3/18/08 10:54:31PM
Forrest rd 4 TKO !!

owen1
3/18/08 10:56:06PM
I got Rampage.Rampage has too much power and his chin is too good to brawl with so i see Forest being tentative in this fight.
cmill21
3/18/08 11:01:23PM
Rampage, round two TKO. Maybe i'll be wrong again.
NatedawgThaM
3/18/08 11:14:06PM
This is going to be one of the greatest fights in MMA history IMO. It's going to be a great brawl. Rampage is just better in every aspect of MMA and think he will catch Forrest and KO him in the 3rd!!

Should be a hell of a fight though.
prozacnation1978
3/18/08 11:22:47PM
aint his time yet....
mkiv9secsupra
3/18/08 11:56:29PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Rampage is just better in every aspect of MMA !!

contrary to popular belief, Rampage is not a great striker.... Forrest has the edge there and no where else really. i think Rampage will take him down and pound him out somewhere in the late second or third.
DevonFoxy
3/19/08 12:28:08AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Rampage is just better in every aspect of MMA !!

contrary to popular belief, Rampage is not a great striker.... Forrest has the edge there and no where else really. i think Rampage will take him down and pound him out somewhere in the late second or third.

I don't think Rampage is a great striker but I think he has better Stand up then Forrest. I think he will over power him and get a TKO or KO.

On another note I can't wait for this Stare Down!!!!!!
Cladrix
3/19/08 12:41:34AM
Yes I also agree that Rampage does not have good standup but he does have heavy hands. He was hitting Hendo with some BOMBS!!! If he catches Forrest with one of those bombs its nap time for Forest.

Rampage by tko in the 2nd
Nightmare27
3/19/08 12:45:38AM
It doesnt matter if he finishes or it goes all five rounds, Rampage is not going to lose this one. He is just too much for him.
Khaos
3/19/08 6:27:44AM
I'm saying Forrest by sub in the 4th
(don't ask)
mrliquid
3/19/08 8:04:24AM
I think Rampage is alot more powerful and aggressive in a fight but Forrest is a tough dude so i'm weary to see who would win if it stayed standing but I dont consider Rampage to have any submission game he might have good GNP and sub defense but if it goes to the ground I see Forrest winning the fight.
disturbed_fighter
3/19/08 8:32:45AM
i want to really really bad but i just dont see him better in any position
MondayNiteMauser
3/19/08 9:17:04AM
Forrest will take a beating for 4 rounds and win by KO/Sub in the 5th because thats just how he does things..
Throwdown
3/19/08 9:23:21AM
I'm rooting for Forrest and hope he takes it... his training, etc has been top notch lately and I'd love to see him with the belt. I don't know how he will stand in the stacked division... but would love to see it.

Rampage...don't get me wrong amazing fighter, but I just dont' think he has really PROVEN himself as a dominant champion yet. He did beat Hendo (which speaks for itself) but it was by a decision. Besides that, a quick TKO on Chuck, which you have to respect but some could also say was comparable to Serra v GSP. I dunno... I just think people are overly "WAR RAMPAGE" when he's only had one title defense in all this time..

as for the staredown - yeah it'll be intense but you can already picture it. rampage will have his tough look but forrest will have his smirk on his face that you can normally picture out of forrest...

Silent-Sir
3/19/08 10:57:05AM
My heart says Forrest by Decision but my brain says Rampage by 2nd round KO/TKO.
Twenty20Dollars
3/19/08 10:58:48AM
unless forrest gets that lucky shot, because he's a more technical striker than a powerful striker. or gets it to the ground and pulls out a submission or tko via ground n pound. which is pretty hard because rampage has a solid chin, you hit him and like he said only gets angier, good wrestling.
ohiostate1016
3/19/08 12:11:59PM
Why is everyone forgetting that Forrest is training with Randy Couture? The only person in MMA with more heart than Forrest is Randy, and I think some of that may rub off on Forrest.

I know that Rampage is a good fighter, but he's not an Anderson Silva or Georges St. Pierre type fighter that can't be beat. Forrest has a GREAT sprawl, and I don't think Rampage will be able to take him down. Look at Rampage's last 3 losses: Shogun and Wandi (twice). Those are called strikers, for those of you that don't know. Rampage has an overrated chin, and I think that Forrest will grind this one out. He's just a fighter.
Aaronno9
3/19/08 12:47:01PM
My problem with picking Forrest in this fight is that he just doesn't have to power. I think he could land his best shot on rampage and still be pretty far away from knocking him out. I think rampage hes better wrestling, strength, chin and power, the stand ups pretty even, but the fact rampage is more powerful puts that in his favour imo. Forrest gasses sometimes, but hes like roger huerta in the way he still fights well even if he is running on empty, so id give the cardio advantage to rampage although i don't think it will play a huge part in this fight. Forrest has the bigger heart and more grit determination, but heart only gets you so far. Hes probably got better jits as well, but i don't know if he'll be able to get into a position to sub rampage. I think itl either be a 4rd TKO for jackson, or a UD.
DangerousDjohn
3/19/08 1:25:16PM
As much as I love Forrest, I love Rampage that much more. I'm goin with Rampage, but Forrest should and will make things interesting.
MartinKillMcGill
3/19/08 3:23:26PM
IMO forrest is gonna take it by decision. i think forrest can outwork rampage stay on the outside away from his power. Use his reach advantage(could be wrong) and pick his punch' and leg kicks. I dont think forrest is gonna get involved in a brawl in his last two fights he has been alot more patient and has fought a lot smarter.If anyone can develop a gameplan for forrest to beat rampage it's randy couture
SmileR
3/19/08 3:32:17PM
So far I'm leaning towards Forrest 4th sub!
I have no idea why but something is pulling me in that direction..... Maybe its Jesus, maybe its Spiderman but who ever it is I'm pretty confident in it up to now.
Pookie
3/19/08 3:36:44PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Why is everyone forgetting that Forrest is training with Randy Couture? The only person in MMA with more heart than Forrest is Randy, and I think some of that may rub off on Forrest.

I know that Rampage is a good fighter, but he's not an Anderson Silva or Georges St. Pierre type fighter that can't be beat. Forrest has a GREAT sprawl, and I don't think Rampage will be able to take him down. Look at Rampage's last 3 losses: Shogun and Wandi (twice). Those are called strikers, for those of you that don't know. Rampage has an overrated chin, and I think that Forrest will grind this one out. He's just a fighter.

Are you saying forrest griffin punches harder than Wandy and Shogun knees?

Pookie
3/19/08 3:39:39PM

Posted by MartinKillMcGill

IMO forrest is gonna take it by decision. i think forrest can outwork rampage stay on the outside away from his power. Use his reach advantage(could be wrong) and pick his punch' and leg kicks. I dont think forrest is gonna get involved in a brawl in his last two fights he has been alot more patient and has fought a lot smarter.If anyone can develop a gameplan for forrest to beat rampage it's randy couture

the only formula proven succesful to beat rampage is to crowd him and make it a brawl, rampages style is that of a disruptive counter puncher, if you give him space he parries your punches and bursts into range with a barrage of powerful and accurate strikes.
Shoppe
3/19/08 7:04:34PM
Rampage will have 5 rounds to ko forrest, because I can't see him getting ko'd or subbed, and he's definitely not going to gas during those rounds.

Rampage by tko rd 1.
skatenate
3/19/08 7:28:45PM
id like to think forrest'l win, but i think rampage will win 2nd round tko, he's too good of a brawler, with a great chin
hodge
3/25/08 9:48:58AM
I would love too see Forrest knock Jackson out but its not gonna happen.

IS IT?
Violence108
3/25/08 5:21:31PM
heart says Forrest head says Rampage
Pages: [1] 2