I picked rashad by split decision/draw

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » I picked rashad by split decision/draw
teamquestnorth
7/8/07 12:19:47AM
so do I still get the "win" since it was a draw?
defacedcreation
7/8/07 2:44:30AM
Same here. Where's my 22 points?
TonyDanza
7/8/07 2:45:54AM
Yeah kind of dumb to have /draw in the method category , but then when it happens ............................... nothin.
CWall33
7/8/07 4:26:21AM
This is a fantastic question.

According to the rules, you only get points for the fight if you pick the correct winner. In a draw situation, it is impossible to pick the winner. Therefore, why is there a split decision/draw option available?

This didn't affect me, but I'm still curious as to why the "split decision/draw" option includes "draw", when it is impossible to score any points that way.
Destroyer88
7/8/07 5:06:48AM
They should just give 11 points to everybody who picked Tito/Rashad by split decision/draw. Mabye some people actually thought it was gonig to be a draw.

I think it was just a typo or mistake nobody caught until now but it would only be fair if they gave anybody who picked Tito/Rashad by split decision/draw the 11 points.
ryderstrong69
7/8/07 8:34:20AM
i picked draw as well, and i pissed about getting no points, it was the hot bout no less
sispaz
7/8/07 9:19:49AM
I picked a draw as well :(

I knew it was gonna be a real close fight :P
rcg916
7/8/07 1:08:41PM
lol

lets be honest here guys... NONE of you chose Draw, you all chose split decision. Still, I hear you, your point is valid.... But lets not run around saying you called it! You guys got lucky!
CWall33
7/8/07 1:12:57PM
To all of you saying you picked Draw; Did you all leave the 'Winner' option blank?
If you picked a winner, then you didn't pick Draw, you picked Split Dec.
rcg916
7/8/07 1:14:47PM

Posted by CWall33

To all of you saying you picked Draw; Did you all leave the 'Winner' option blank?
If you picked a winner, then you didn't pick Draw, you picked Split Dec.

Did somebody say End Thread?
Tamara
7/8/07 1:35:40PM

Posted by Destroyer88

They should just give 11 points to everybody who picked Tito/Rashad by split decision/draw. Mabye some people actually thought it was gonig to be a draw.

I think it was just a typo or mistake nobody caught until now but it would only be fair if they gave anybody who picked Tito/Rashad by split decision/draw the 11 points.

Nobody who picked a winner in this fight should get points. The correct way to pick a draw would be to leave the winner choice option blank, take judges and then split/draw. You choose a winner you do not get points for a draw.
mma_fan_matt
7/8/07 4:45:49PM
lol no.
ryderstrong69
7/9/07 6:57:09AM
i wish a mod or something would explain what the deal is, it appears that they are just acting like the fight never happened, it isnt even listed in picks history
Farnum
7/9/07 9:25:29AM
It's pretty clear cut in the rules that draws arn't counted at all. Here is what it says.

"How are fights that end in draws or no contest handled? "

"Draw and no contest fights are just simply not calculated into the points, ranking, or earnings. The result and scoring from a fight that is overturned at a later date (steroids, etc) will remain on the website. "
bigpetey22
7/9/07 9:29:00AM
Do you guys want some french cries?
ryderstrong69
7/9/07 1:27:18PM
if a draw dosnt count then why is it an option to pick, im starting to think this site is a joke
JoeMimic
7/9/07 7:16:38PM
It was an option to pick but if you try and do that now it's all been removed. You couldn't pick a fight with no winner and the draw option. You can only select Split Decision on here now. Some of us got really hosed because they decided to lump in draws with split decisions. I would've finished 3rd overall with those 22 points.
ryderstrong69
7/10/07 6:48:58AM
yeah unless someone else would have picked a draw that was ahead of me then i would have been second since it was also the hot bout
mmafan
7/10/07 2:27:31PM
so........no one is getting points????who made this decesion?????
CWall33
7/10/07 3:08:38PM

Posted by mmafan

so........no one is getting points????who made this decesion?????

The decision was made months ago, when the site first went live.
From the FAQ:

" How are fights that end in draws or no contest handled? "

Draw and no contest fights are just simply not calculated into the points, ranking, or earnings. The result and scoring from a fight that is overturned at a later date (steroids, etc) will remain on the website.

This rule has come into play 3 times so far. The Gomi/Diaz fight, the Maynard self-KO fight, and the Ortiz/Evans fight.
One counted for points, two did not.
JoeMimic
7/10/07 3:56:24PM
I can understand that being in the rules but why have it as an option as well? Kind of contradicts the rules they've put up. No Contest wasn't a selectable option ever. The menu clearly stated "Split Decision/Draw" this fight ended in a draw. I think at the very worst people who had split decision in there should get the points for just the ending.
CWall33
7/10/07 4:04:42PM
A mod (DoTheMMAth) has admitted in another thread that the draw option being included as a selectable option was an error on site admin's part. Apologies were offered, and a logical explanation was given as to why no points were/will be awarded.

The discussion should be over after his post.
muhhamad92
7/10/07 6:29:15PM
i dont know, i think it just doent count
ryderstrong69
7/10/07 6:32:52PM

Posted by CWall33

A mod (DoTheMMAth) has admitted in another thread that the draw option being included as a selectable option was an error on site admin's part. Apologies were offered, and a logical explanation was given as to why no points were/will be awarded.

The discussion should be over after his post.

yeah unfortunatly some of the mods on this site seem to be jokes like the one with the kermit the frog icon, DoTheMath at least offerd an apology the kermit mod or waht ever he calls himself decided to be a punk about it