Would anyone pick Terry Etim over Tibau?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Would anyone pick Terry Etim over Tibau?
Scott_Revels
7/13/07 5:58:59PM
I'm trying to remember back to 70, but he did a really good job, and he's still undefeated right? So is there any reason why not to pick Etim over Tibau? I'm open to all opinions, just it and the Hironaka/Alves fights are hard to predict.
pv3Hpv3p
7/13/07 6:03:25PM
I really liked what I saw from him... Decent standup... was able to take a beating... Pulled off a sub...
Twenty20Dollars
7/13/07 6:07:32PM
Im picking Terry, Im mean he's looking impressive to me.
Ydoc
7/13/07 7:05:44PM
I took Terry in this one. Think he can take some punishment and get the sub from the bottom again. I also think Grice is more impressive than Tibau.
Scott_Revels
7/13/07 7:11:19PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I really liked what I saw from him... Decent standup... was able to take a beating... Pulled off a sub...

I saw that as well. I just don't know.. The Brazilians are on a charge lately.. I mean, I have Gouveia over Lambert, Sobral over Heath, Shogun over Machida, Silva over Franklin, Aurelio over Guida, and i'm going back and forth on Hironaka/Alves, just because I don't care for Alves anymore after the Steroids thing.. The only Brazilian I am not convinced will win, is Gonzaga..
Naturaldisaster
7/13/07 9:14:04PM
I'm takin etim. I was really impressed with with against grice.
cmill21
7/13/07 10:46:54PM
I'm going with him. He impressed me.
xchickox
7/13/07 11:18:39PM
i'm going with etim, he's got a lot to improve but i think he has enough to beat tibua
Rua22
7/14/07 1:56:49AM
the only time i saw etim fight was in england. has he fought since then? he was getting worked in that fight, but did pull out the win. i didn't think he looked that impressive, but he was reppin for the skinny guys lol.
bosanceros
7/14/07 11:22:20PM
etim submisson 2nd round
dgonx
7/15/07 11:00:15AM
i don't think that etim's gonna submit tibau. tibau's jiu jitsu is sick, he almost caught diaz in their fight. if he wins i think it will be by standing with him. i have tibau picked, he's more compact and strong enough to get the TD and can easilly go three rounds doing that.
www-WeLoan-us
7/15/07 7:05:35PM
Etim looked good UFC 70 gotta go with him..Alves has been training so hard , and think he will come out hungry in this fight. Etim via Sub and Alves via KO round 2
bigblair
7/20/07 7:47:47AM
im goin with Terry, i met him and got a good few pics with him and a chat at UFC70, nice guy, but also he performed pretty well i think, decent stand up, pulled out a nice Sub, but his opponant wasnt a great test
wolfman
7/21/07 12:18:36PM

Posted by dgonx

i don't think that etim's gonna submit tibau. tibau's jiu jitsu is sick, he almost caught diaz in their fight. if he wins i think it will be by standing with him. i have tibau picked, he's more compact and strong enough to get the TD and can easilly go three rounds doing that.

I agree with this statement. I think Etim is going to be in trouble right off the bat when he steps in the ring with Tibau. Etim will make it through the first round, but he will be quickly submitted in the 2nd round.
fedorwins1
7/21/07 12:31:28PM

Posted by bosanceros

etim submisson 2nd round

That's a horrible pick, I agree Etim will win, but not by sub.