Take Your Pick: Team UFC vs. TEAM MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Take Your Pick: Team UFC vs. TEAM MMA
AmericanFighterAce
8/17/07 8:16:03PM
Okay, this post is credited to the post Team USA vs. Team Brazil, because it gave me the idea to do this.

If all of the MMA came together as one team and decided to throw out 11 of the most top notch fighters in the game, to fight 11 of the elite UFC fighters, who would win? Team MMA? or Team UFC?

Here are the match-ups, in which I would love to see who you think would win the match-up, and the overall standing.

Match 1:

(Team UFC) Tim Slyvia
vs.
(Team MMA) Ben Rothwell

Match 2:

( Team MMA) Jake Shields
vs.
(Team UFC) Matt Hughes

Match 3:
(Team MMA) Matt Lindland
vs.
(TEAM UFC) Rich Franklin

Match 4:
(Team UFC) Sean Sherk
vs.
(Team MMA) Kid Yamaoto

Match 5:
(Team MMA) Rameau Sokodjou
vs.
(Team UFC) Rampage Jackson

Match 6:
(Team MMA) Nick Diaz
vs.
(Team UFC) Georges St. Pierre

Match 7:
(Team UFC) Brandon Vera
vs.
(Team MMA) Mark Hunt

Match 8:
(Team MMA) Takanori Gomi
vs.
(Team UFC) BJ Penn

Match 9:
(Team MMA) Josh Barnett
vs.
(Team UFC) Gabriel Gonzaga

Match 10:
(Team MMA) Denis Kang
vs.
(Team UFC) Anderson Silva

Match 11: Captains Match
Captain for Team MMA:
Fedor E
vs.
Captain for Team UFC:
RANDY COUTURE

That is it, some of the best fighters in the world, slugging it out to determine who is better, TEAM UFC or TEAM MMA.

I left the likes of a Shogun Rua, Wanderlei Silva, , Hollywood Hendo off the list because Hendo and Rua have not had one offical UFC bout yet in the UFC, and we are still waiting for Wandy to come back and fight in DEC in the UFC.
Sorry everybody, No CHUCK LIDDELL, I am not Dana White.

So who wins the battle?
11 Fights.
Who takes it all.
peachfuzzz1305
8/17/07 8:38:53PM
UFC 8 - 3
Twenty20Dollars
8/17/07 8:40:08PM
ufc
three_days_of_grey
8/17/07 9:00:51PM
I don't think it would be a convincing victory either way with the difference being that 11th fight and I wouldnt pit Couture vs. Fedor.
Sylvia vs. Rothwell would be a good re-match as thier first fight went to the judges.
Diaz vs. St. Pierre goes to St. Pierre based on common opponents and his all around skills.
Gomi vs. Penn: What weight are they fighting at? Prides LW max was 161lbs. Gomi's current weight is listed as 154, but if I remember correctly he was 163 vs. Diaz. If they fight at 155, I think Penn wins it. At 170, it goes to Gomi.

Good list though.

-OUT-
TOMMYAYO05
8/17/07 9:00:52PM

Posted by AmericanFighterAce

Okay, this post is credited to the post Team USA vs. Team Brazil, because it gave me the idea to do this.

If all of the MMA came together as one team and decided to throw out 11 of the most top notch fighters in the game, to fight 11 of the elite UFC fighters, who would win? Team MMA? or Team UFC?

Here are the match-ups, in which I would love to see who you think would win the match-up, and the overall standing.

Match 1:

(Team UFC) Tim Slyvia
vs.
(Team MMA) Ben Rothwell

Match 2:

( Team MMA) Jake Shields
vs.
(Team UFC) Matt Hughes

Match 3:
(Team MMA) Matt Lindland
vs.
(TEAM UFC) Rich Franklin

Match 4:
(Team UFC) Sean Sherk
vs.
(Team MMA) Kid Yamaoto

Match 5:
vs.

Match 6:
(Team MMA) Nick Diaz
vs.

Match 7:
(Team UFC) Brandon Vera
vs.
(Team MMA) Mark Hunt

Match 8:
(Team MMA) Takanori Gomi
vs.
(Team UFC) BJ Penn

Match 9:
(Team MMA) Josh Barnett
vs.

Match 10:
(Team MMA) Denis Kang
vs.

Captain for Team MMA:
Fedor E
vs.
Captain for Team UFC:
RANDY COUTURE

That is it, some of the best fighters in the world, slugging it out to determine who is better, TEAM UFC or TEAM MMA.

I left the likes of a Shogun Rua, Wanderlei Silva, , Hollywood Hendo off the list because Hendo and Rua have not had one offical UFC bout yet in the UFC, and we are still waiting for Wandy to come back and fight in DEC in the UFC.
Sorry everybody, No CHUCK LIDDELL, I am not Dana White.

So who wins the battle?
11 Fights.
Who takes it all.

Tim Sylvia
Matt Hughes
Lindland
Yamamoto
Rampage
Gsp
Vera
Penn
Barnett
Silva
Fedor
hahaha and i found the liddell comment funny because its true...
anyway i got this going 7-4 team UFC
DJDark41
8/17/07 9:17:36PM
Match 1:
(Team UFC) Tim Slyvia
vs.
(Team MMA) Ben Rothwell
Team UFC gets the win on this one. Two big strikers, but one is bigger, and one is better. Tim Sylvia by knockout.

Match 2:
( Team MMA) Jake Shields
vs.
(Team UFC) Matt Hughes
Team UFC gets a win easily, Matt Hughes powers right through him. Matt Hughes by TKO.

Match 3:
(Team MMA) Matt Lindland
vs.
(TEAM UFC) Rich Franklin
Team MMA gets their first win. Matt Lindland is just too good for Rich Franklin. I'd say "The Law" by decision.

Match 4:
(Team UFC) Sean Sherk
vs.
(Team MMA) Kid Yamaoto
Tough match, but I think Team MMA takes this one. Sherk would just overpower Yamamoto and keep him there. Lay 'n Pray decision win for Sean Sherk.

Match 5:
vs.
Tough one... it would be an all out brawl and I see Rampage coming out on top. Quinton Jackson by KO.

Match 6:
(Team MMA) Nick Diaz
vs.
I think it would be a good stand up battle, and St. Pierre would rock Diaz and hop on top. Geores St. Pierre by TKO.

Match 7:
(Team UFC) Brandon Vera
vs.
(Team MMA) Mark Hunt
Team UFC gets another win, Brandon Vera is just too fast and I think he could outlast Mark Hunt. Brandon Vera by KO.

Match 8:
(Team MMA) Takanori Gomi
vs.
(Team UFC) BJ Penn
Close fight, but Team UFC gets another win. BJ Penn (I think) could hold his own on the feet and even finish on the ground. But, I think BJ Penn by decision.

Match 9:
(Team MMA) Josh Barnett
vs.
Plain and simple, Josh Barnett.

Match 10:
(Team MMA) Denis Kang
vs.
Pretty easy in my eyes, Anderson Silva will just use crisp and clean strikes and eventually finish. Anderson Silva by TKO. 8-2 UFC

Captain for Team MMA:
Fedor
vs.
Captain for Team UFC:
Randy Couture
Fedor. As much as I would like Couture to win, I think Fedor would out strike Couture, and it would be a close battle on the ground. Fedor by late TKO or decision.

Final score, 8-3 Team UFC.
Ultimate_fighter
8/17/07 9:25:24PM
Match 1 - UFC
Match 2 - UFC
Match 3 - UFC
Match 4 - UFC
Match 5 - UFC
Match 6 - UFC
Match 7 - MMA
Match 8 - UFC
Match 9 - UFC
Match 10 - UFC
Match 11 - UFC

(Mark Hunt , U bastard!)

i got UFC 10-1
Mastodon2
8/18/07 6:40:10AM
6-5 to the UFC, it was close though.
DCRage
8/18/07 11:10:42AM
7-4 UFC. Tough call on some of those matches, a couple were easy.
DMcCabe11
8/18/07 2:54:32PM

Posted by three_days_of_grey

Sylvia vs. Rothwell would be a good re-match as thier first fight went to the judges.

-OUT-

when did they fight considering Sylvias only losses are to couture andrei and frank MIr and rothwell's got none
NatedawgThaM
8/18/07 3:25:21PM
Match 1: (Team USA) Tim by Unanmious Decison by using Reach

Match 2:(Team USA) Matt Hughes by Unanimous Decison by GNP

Match 3:(TEAM UFC) Rich Franklin by Split Decision, would be close by Matt is way overrated by MMAweekly

Match 4: (Team UFC) Sean Sherk by Unanimous Decsion by Lay in Prey and injecting steroids after a round is done

Match 5: (Team UFC) Rampage Jackson 2nd Round TKO after a Jackson slam and then GNP finish

Match 6:(Team MMA) Nick Diaz by 2nd round Submission, yeah it's a shocker but i think its a draw on feet and george will tak ehim down and get Go Go'd!!!

Match 7:(Team MMA) Mark Hunt by 3rd round KO due to Head kick, Brandon will stand until he gets rocked and then he'll keep shooting and mark we'll keep sprawling and eventually Vera tires and gets caught out of no where with HEAD KICK!!!

Match 8:(Team UFC) BJ Penn by Split Decison, This would actually be a great rematch because they both have been known for gasing out late so whoever has more in the tank will win a split decison

Match 9:(Team MMA) Josh Barrnet by Unanimous Decision, Josh will overwhelm him and stay in his face...

Match 10:(Team UFC) Anderson Silva by Split decision, if it goes to the ground Dennis has a good chance of stopping it if it stands up look for Anderosn silva KO blow but they both would be cautious and be careful

Match 11: (Team MMA) Fedor by 4th round Submission, since there both champs its a 5 rounder and I think rnady will dominate the 1st 2 rounds by taking him down and controling him but then Fedor out strikes him in the 3rd and in the 4th randy takes him down and goes out like Kevin Randleman and gets caught in submission proly kimora...

I got Team UFC 7-4 but these matches have great potiential upseters so I got atleast 4 of these fights that could go either way so I'd say at most the most wins would go to UFC 9-2 and at the closest and the most reasonable I say 6 out of 10 times this card goes 6-5 since these are good matches...
cmill21
8/19/07 3:14:48AM
(Team UFC) Tim Slyvia
vs.
(Team MMA) Ben Rothwell
Tim Sylvia

Match 2:

( Team MMA) Jake Shields
vs.
(Team UFC) Matt Hughes
Matt Hughes

Match 3:
(Team MMA) Matt Lindland
vs.
(TEAM UFC) Rich Franklin
Lindland

Match 4:
(Team UFC) Sean Sherk
vs.
(Team MMA) Kid Yamaoto
Kid

Match 5:
vs.
Page

Match 6:
(Team MMA) Nick Diaz
vs.
GSP no doubt

Match 7:
(Team UFC) Brandon Vera
vs.
(Team MMA) Mark Hunt
Hunt, no one can KO him and he's a good kick boxer

Match 8:
(Team MMA) Takanori Gomi
vs.
(Team UFC) BJ Penn
Penn, better gas tank(when can we say that?)

Match 9:
(Team MMA) Josh Barnett
vs.
Josh for sure

Match 10:
(Team MMA) Denis Kang
vs.
Silva

Captain for Team MMA:
Fedor E
vs.
Captain for Team UFC:
RANDY COUTURE
Fedor beats randy like Ricco did.

6-5 UFC
matthughes23
8/19/07 4:49:36AM
UFC 8-3
richieb19
8/19/07 8:37:46AM

I left the likes of a Shogun Rua, Wanderlei Silva, , Hollywood Hendo off the list because Hendo and Rua have not had one offical UFC bout yet in the UFC

Hendo won the UFC 17 4 man tournament, he beat Goes and Newton by decisions... but just barely. Hendo Vs. Newton is a great fight to watch!!!
AmericanFighterAce
8/19/07 10:56:13AM

Posted by richieb19

I left the likes of a Shogun Rua, Wanderlei Silva, , Hollywood Hendo off the list because Hendo and Rua have not had one offical UFC bout yet in the UFC

Hendo won the UFC 17 4 man tournament, he beat Goes and Newton by decisions... but just barely. Hendo Vs. Newton is a great fight to watch!!!

Sorry about my lack of knowledge on that. I started getting into UFC, when UFC 25 came around.
masodd
8/19/07 5:03:23PM
UFC 6-5
SpiderSilva
8/19/07 6:58:37PM
ufc 8-3

I would rather see Franklin vs Kang and Silva vs Linland
UFC would win both of those fights