Any interest in a Photoshop contest? [PLEASE VOTE]

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Any interest in a Photoshop contest? [PLEASE VOTE]
POLL: Would you participate in a Photoshop contest?
Yes 27% (7)
No 8% (2)
No, but I'd check it out 65% (17)
grappler0000
8/5/11 9:43:43PM
I just want to gauge the interest for doing a contest. The details can be figured out as we go. Nothing too serious...probably something just fun and MMA related. We could establish a theme and/or rules, set a time limit, then get the PG to Vote on a winner. Thoughts?
emfleek
8/5/11 9:55:37PM
A Romoshop contest!!!

I'm down.
Chael_Sonnen
8/5/11 10:08:05PM
Sounds gangster....I'm down yo!
kingsmasher
8/5/11 10:42:51PM
i will...why not
FastKnockout
8/5/11 10:59:25PM
Not interested in participating, but I'd check it out to see what everyone comes up with.
Poor_Franklin
8/5/11 11:27:52PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Not interested in participating, but I'd check it out to see what everyone comes up with.

ditto
Theoutlaw08
8/6/11 9:46:21AM
Yeah I'm not sure if I would be any good at it at all.....but I would definitely check it out and vote if need be.
KungFuMaster
8/6/11 11:25:29AM
I love to see how creative you guys can be...

I may even ask the winner to do a photoshop for me.
grappler0000
8/6/11 11:56:32AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Don't be afraid to get in on the action, even if you you don't thing you'll do well. We may point and laugh if yours sucks, but it will end there, I promise.
grappler0000
8/6/11 12:02:25PM
It looks like there's a handful willing to get in on the action. I kinda have some ideas for the first contest, but am open to suggestions of coarse. I think the first one shouldn't be too restrictive. Should we just set a theme though or should everyone work off of a single picture? If you have any thoughts, feel free to express them.
KungFuMaster
8/6/11 3:34:02PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by KungFuMaster

Don't be afraid to get in on the action, even if you you don't thing you'll do well. We may point and laugh if yours sucks, but it will end there, I promise.

I am not afraid lol. It is not my thing but I would enjoy rating and judging the contest.
emfleek
8/7/11 9:15:54PM

Posted by grappler0000

It looks like there's a handful willing to get in on the action. I kinda have some ideas for the first contest, but am open to suggestions of coarse. I think the first one shouldn't be too restrictive. Should we just set a theme though or should everyone work off of a single picture? If you have any thoughts, feel free to express them.

I vote everyone working from the same pictures. MMA-related. Like the Rashad/Chuck photoshops (or Romoshops as they're called on The UG). Those crack me up.
grappler0000
8/7/11 11:32:02PM
Yeah, I enjoy em as well. The problem is that 99% of photos aren't versatile enough to make for a good contest. The ones that work really well only come along once in a blue moon. I'll start looking through some recent photos and I'll come up with something though. I'll post something in the next day or so.
emfleek
8/8/11 9:34:36AM

grappler0000
8/8/11 11:21:48AM
Ironically, that's the one I was considering the most so far. Rashad's got a decent one as well, but this one is probably better. The face smashes are funny to look at, but get stale to work with after a while...I think this one possibly has some potential though.