Photos: UFC 91 Randy "The Natural" Couture vs. Brock Lesnar

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Photos: UFC 91 Randy "The Natural" Couture vs. Brock Lesnar
ultravista
11/22/08 12:39:55PM
Photos from UFC 91 are now available … featuring main event Randy "The Natural" Couture vs. Brock

Lesnar and co-main event Joe Stevenson vs. Kenny Florian.

UFC 91 Gallery
http://www.ultravista.com/g2/main.php?g2_itemId=33752

Galleries
- Rafael do Anjos vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Aaron Riley vs. Jorge Gurgel
- Demian Maia vs. Nate Quarry
- Josh Hendricks vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
- Tamdan McCrory vs. Dustin Haselett
- Joe Stevenson vs. Kenny Florian
- Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture
* pre-fight weigh-ins
* post-fight press conference

Check out the galleries for additional photos.

cmill21
11/22/08 2:42:05PM
I want Brock to face a really proficient striker with good take down defense, there are so many HUGE holes in his stand up game. I think if Randy was a bit quicker he could have avoided pretty much everything since Brock telegraphs almost everything. Bah I'm so mad at Herring lol.
ultravista
11/22/08 2:50:05PM
We'll see how he handles the next one.
cmb19932
11/22/08 4:06:22PM
everyone has holes and everyone has someone who can exploit them but as far as im concerned Brock's proved enough and can face anyone the ufc puts in front of him and imo he can put down most of them he definitely wasn't protected by Dana or Joe Silva or any one he fought three tough guys who can all strike its called mixed martial arts they (Mir, herring ,couture) were all MIXED martial artists meaning they are at least and i mean very least proficient in striking as well as other forms of combat with that being said people will try and tell me Nogueira is a horse of a different color well he might be but i doubt very highly even nog who i like can beat Lesnar every time i watch Brock fight i see exponential growth nog has reached his ceiling he inst getting any better he may gain experience but his skill aren't growing lesnars are and they are growing rapidly now on to the other choice Mir if Mir beats nog (witch i feel he will ) he has no chance of beating lesnar i mean none at all he isn't taking Brock down and mir has yet to prove phenomenal stand up either but as i said he is a mixed martial artist so hes still dangerous on his feet but as far as pure athleticism goes Brock kills Mir and Mir was the better man on the previous night but now lesnar has not only fought in front of a ufc audience hes gone 3 rounds with one so he wont be as jumpy and wont make another stupid mistake but in the end of this crazy long unnecessary rant and or rave i declare dead all lesnar hate and questions about his skills in the octagon
ultravista
11/22/08 5:10:18PM
I agree.
Jackelope
11/22/08 5:14:07PM

Posted by cmb19932

everyone has holes and everyone has someone who can exploit them but as far as im concerned Brock's proved enough and can face anyone the ufc puts in front of him and imo he can put down most of them he definitely wasn't protected by Dana or Joe Silva or any one he fought three tough guys who can all strike its called mixed martial arts they (Mir, herring ,couture) were all MIXED martial artists meaning they are at least and i mean very least proficient in striking as well as other forms of combat with that being said people will try and tell me Nogueira is a horse of a different color well he might be but i doubt very highly even nog who i like can beat Lesnar every time i watch Brock fight i see exponential growth nog has reached his ceiling he inst getting any better he may gain experience but his skill aren't growing lesnars are and they are growing rapidly now on to the other choice Mir if Mir beats nog (witch i feel he will ) he has no chance of beating lesnar i mean none at all he isn't taking Brock down and mir has yet to prove phenomenal stand up either but as i said he is a mixed martial artist so hes still dangerous on his feet but as far as pure athleticism goes Brock kills Mir and Mir was the better man on the previous night but now lesnar has not only fought in front of a ufc audience hes gone 3 rounds with one so he wont be as jumpy and wont make another stupid mistake but in the end of this crazy long unnecessary rant and or rave i declare dead all lesnar hate and questions about his skills in the octagon

I think Nog's boxing is constantly improving.

We'll see how Nog does against Brock. If Brock gets uncomfortable on the feet and he goes to his bread and butter of takedowns he's going to be in for a world of trouble
Boo_Radley21
11/22/08 6:11:00PM

Posted by cmill21

I want Brock to face a really proficient striker with good take down defense, there are so many HUGE holes in his stand up game.

He's had 4 fights lol. It's not like he's gonna have the best striking in the HW division.
Poohbah
11/22/08 8:15:30PM
He's had 4 fights lol. It's not like he's gonna have the best striking in the HW division.

Agreed, and it is improving significantly with each fight. I never would have guessed Lesnar would drop Randy standing up. He could be an absolute monster in a year or two.
bls1919
11/22/08 8:30:36PM
Brock suprised me when he chose to stand with him even after he got cut. He will be a force for a long time in the UFC. I can't believe i just said that but he has made a believer out of me.
cmill21
11/22/08 8:45:32PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by cmill21

I want Brock to face a really proficient striker with good take down defense, there are so many HUGE holes in his stand up game.

I understand that but he's the UFC HW champ no? And I haven't noticed anything changing from his game standing, still throws arm punches, still closes his eyes when throwing, still opens up, still telegraphs. Hasn't he been doing this for a year or two? Those are all things that should be corrected with a year or two of training. Arm punching is like a day one thing.
postman
11/22/08 9:00:56PM
I heard an interesting opinion today watching Inside MMA Kenny Rice made mention, in response to Brock not deserving a shot at the title, The UFC is a business and with GW in office now they are not getting taxed like they will be in a few months so maybe they saw this as a huge payday and if they waited much longer the man was going to dip into that payday. Food for thought!
kris_ericson
11/22/08 9:52:33PM
randy looks so happy and brock looks very intense while dana is smilin in the background
ultravista
11/23/08 1:45:29AM
Good point.
lochie
11/23/08 2:11:07AM
should be good to see how lesnar performs in his next couple of bouts
Kracker_Jap
11/23/08 2:33:54AM

Posted by cmill21

I want Brock to face a really proficient striker with good take down defense, there are so many HUGE holes in his stand up game. I think if Randy was a bit quicker he could have avoided pretty much everything since Brock telegraphs almost everything. Bah I'm so mad at Herring lol.

I did drink a beer for ya buddy,
casey64
11/23/08 8:47:45AM

Posted by kris_ericson

randy looks so happy and brock looks very intense while dana is smilin in the background

And the the smiling at the weigh in didnt pay off at the fight.
ultravista
11/23/08 12:35:50PM
No it did not.
ultravista
11/23/08 11:10:55PM
Thanks for the comments!