Philippines now likely to host first international "TUF," UFC eyeing future world grand prix

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Philippines now likely to host first international "TUF," UFC eyeing future world grand prix
FastKnockout
5/30/11 8:15:04PM
UFC president Dana White is still hanging "TUF" with the Philippines, but his promotion is not quite there in mounting its first international version of the reality show.

"We're like one piece away from finishing the thing," White told reporters following UFC 130, which took place this past Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

That piece, however, could be the start of a much more ambitious drive to create a world grand prix of international competitors on "The Ultimate Fighter," he added.

LINK
Budgellism
5/30/11 11:29:24PM
I like the sounds of that. TUF needs to be shaken up a bit and this could do it.
Bubbles
5/31/11 2:43:46PM

Posted by Budgellism

I like the sounds of that. TUF needs to be shaken up a bit and this could do it.

it sure does. its becoming too redundant and kinda boring
jgtribbett
6/1/11 7:26:10AM
this is interesting for two reasons. First of all, I don't who he thinks is going to sign up for this ****. Is he expecting people like fedor, aoki, JZ, Alverez? Most recognizable names from any other organization aren't going to want to be apart of this, oh well. Secondly, who remembers him not being a fan of the grand prix? Cause I remember him saying something to that affect mutliple time circa 2007-2008. I'd love to see a trounament for number one contendership or something like that, but I know I can't get my hopes up.