Philadelphia's UFC 101 ticket sales booming, Pennsylvania gate record already broken

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Philadelphia's UFC 101 ticket sales booming, Pennsylvania gate record already broken
babytater03
7/2/09 10:21:52AM
CLICK

Any doubts about the ability to draw big crowds in the Northeast will be put to rest at UFC 101.

The Aug. 8 event, set for the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, has already resulted in nearly 14,000 tickets sold and more than $3 million in sales.
Joemoplata
7/2/09 11:29:43AM
I got mine, and they weren't cheap. I'm not sure why there were doubts, this part of the country is loaded with BJJ and MMA schools. The fan base will be heavily stacked with people that actually train. Of the UFCs I've been to, the ones in Atlantic City had more educated fans than those in Vegas, I have a feeling Philly will be the best crowd in that respect yet.
cowcatcher
7/2/09 11:32:19AM
did you just say philly and best crowd in the same sentence? im just hoping stores stop selling batteries in the days leading up to the fights.
prozacnation1978
7/2/09 1:17:40PM
no big deal!!
ufc sells out everywhere!!
Joemoplata
7/2/09 2:06:42PM

Posted by cowcatcher

did you just say philly and best crowd in the same sentence? im just hoping stores stop selling batteries in the days leading up to the fights.

No, no! I said best crowd "in that respect"!

There will be at least one or two deaths in the audience you can be assured! I'm hoping that my friendships with most of the BJJ schools in the area will save me from the beatings.

"You! I'm gonna break your face!"
"Wait! I know Jared Weiner and Wilson Reis!"
"Oh! Cool! Want better seats?"
"Sure, thanks bro!"

In my mind, this is how I see things going for me that night. I may never see any of you again, though, there is that very real possibility.