Phil Davis tapped to face Forrest Griffin at UFC 155 in December

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Phil Davis tapped to face Forrest Griffin at UFC 155 in December
BuffaloDave
10/19/12 1:04:19PM
Despite losing Chael Sonnen as his opponent, Forrest Griffin will remain on the UFC 155 card this December to close out 2012. UFC President Dana White confirmed as much this week in a conference call regarding Sonnen's coaching slot opposite Jon Jones on The Ultimate Fighter.

Now, Griffin has a new opponent, as the UFC announced on Friday that Griffin will now meet Phil Davis on the card. The bout is likely to serve as co-main event under the Heavyweight Championship bout between Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos.

LINK
george112
10/19/12 1:08:10PM
Well so much for little Nog
BuffaloDave
10/19/12 1:10:19PM
I don't like the match up, but understand building Davis back up.
Bubbles
10/19/12 1:12:31PM
what happened to Bonnar/Griffin III?
airkerma
10/19/12 1:19:57PM
Balls, I've always been interested in Bader vs Davis
prophecy033
10/19/12 1:20:27PM
I would much rather watch Lil Nog v Griffin
george112
10/19/12 1:23:00PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Sucks that the UFC even has to. I like Davis though.

I've got him by UD. Forrest is gonna get taken down and punched . Not to say he won't land a few though just don't think he is as relevant as Davis COULD be
FastKnockout
10/19/12 1:24:11PM
Am I the only one excited for this fight? IMO Davis is a much better fight for Forrest.
DrivenDavies15
10/19/12 1:26:15PM
Still a pretty good matchup. As long as Davis can take Forrest down, which I see happening many times, than he should be able to pull out the win here.
BuffaloDave
10/19/12 1:34:39PM

Posted by airkerma

I like it too, but Bader is coming of the loss to Machida. Hopefully Bader gets a fight soon and wins, and if Davis wins the fight with Forrest, it would make total sense at that point.
kopower
10/19/12 2:27:18PM
Looks like Davis will get to sharpen his stand up without the fear of being ko'd. If things don't go well, down to the floor the fight goes.
Budgellism
10/19/12 2:45:23PM
That Lil' Nog fight would have been better but this is still a pretty good fight. A good test for Davis too considering how big a guy Forrest is and that he's not the easiest guy to take down.

I agree with the people above me though. Davis/Bader and Lil' Nog/Griffin are the fights I wanted to see.
prozacnation1978
10/19/12 2:49:11PM
Boring co main event

I would rather see griffin vs lil nog or bonnar
Chael_Sonnen
10/19/12 3:26:57PM
Ahhhh Poor Forrest.....went from getting smashed into oblivion by ChaCha to getting buried six feet under by Mr. Wonderful.

Happy retirement!
KingCmb
10/19/12 3:45:51PM
i think forrest has the tools to pull this off im taking him
bjj1605
10/19/12 4:32:10PM
I think Davis will be a clear favorite but I wouldn't count out Forrest.

Forrest has better striking (but no power) and better jiu jitsu. Davis will have a hard time taking him down and Forrest could win this fight either by picking him apart or even by sub off his back.

I will be rooting for the underdog in this one. I'm still a fan Forrest.
meier
10/19/12 4:35:46PM

Posted by bjj1605

I will be rooting for the underdog in this one. I'm still a fan Forrest.

i won't
sparky
10/19/12 4:45:07PM

Posted by the-king

I'll AV bet ya on it

I'm not a big fan of Forrest so ill take Mr Wonderful all day
pmoney
10/19/12 4:46:45PM
Forrest has amazing heart and skills, in my opinion. It's his mental attitude that seems to vary or be called in to question. I think he can win if everything between the ears is right.

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Ahhhh Poor Forrest.....went from getting smashed into oblivion by ChaCha to getting buried six feet under by Mr. Wonderful.

Happy retirement!

Chael I was hoping you'd come up with something about Davis not being able to take down Forrest because he's not Brazilian!
shaneTpain
10/19/12 5:42:49PM
I like the fight
Giving Mr.Wonderful a challenge is a great idea after the pointless showcase fight in Brazil. Lets see what this kids made of
jay98107
10/19/12 8:21:50PM

Posted by Bubbles

what happened to Bonnar/Griffin III?

They'll schedule that after Griffin gets dominated by Davis.
blondais
10/20/12 1:41:34AM
shit I was expecting Davis fight Glover Texeira :/
KingCmb
10/20/12 11:12:26AM

Posted by sparky

Posted by the-king

I'll AV bet ya on it

I'm not a big fan of Forrest so ill take Mr Wonderful all day

ya im in
kingsmasher
10/20/12 4:34:54PM

Posted by george112

Posted by BuffaloDave

Sucks that the UFC even has to. I like Davis though.

I've got him by UD. Forrest is gonna get taken down and punched . Not to say he won't land a few though just don't think he is as relevant as Davis COULD be

Agree...but I think Davis subs Griffin quite possibly but decision is more than likely
kingsmasher
10/20/12 4:37:42PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by airkerma

I like it too, but Bader is coming of the loss to Machida. Hopefully Bader gets a fight soon and wins, and if Davis wins the fight with Forrest, it would make total sense at that point.

Id like to see Bader and Glover...I honestly think Bader takes it if and a big "if" if Bader uses his wrestling...

I think Glover might have a suspect chin...That punch from Maldonado was not powerful at all...Pretty much all arm but connected well...Maldonado wasnt using his hips at all...
frizzzlecake
10/20/12 7:35:29PM
Phil via ANACONDA with GATOR ROLLS!