Phil Davis on Loss to Rashad Evans: 'I'm Glad He Poked Holes in My Game'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Phil Davis on Loss to Rashad Evans: 'I'm Glad He Poked Holes in My Game'
sparky
3/26/12 11:22:19PM
Two months after losing the most important matchup of his young career, Phil Davis is picking up the pieces and focusing on the future. Davis, who is currently in Las Vegas as one of Dominick Cruz's assistant coaches on the current edition of TUF: Live, hasn't yet thought about when he'll find his way back into the octagon, only about bringing a newer, better version of himself to his next performance.

On a Monday interview on The MMA Hour, the light-heavyweight admitted that the tension involved with the huge spotlight may have gotten to him and affected his performance.

While that led to a loss, Davis is choosing to look at the bright side, which is the opportunity to look back at his performance and address his shortcomings.

Link
george112
3/26/12 11:57:20PM
Phil will be back. I think the loss actually had a better impact than if he had won.
Budgellism
3/27/12 12:41:54AM
I agree. Davis has a ton of potential and the loss is only going to make him better and push him harder.
prophecy033
3/27/12 1:10:56AM
Im glad Evans poked holes in your game too cuz your better for it and you will be better prepared next time you step in the ring. i feel bad for whoever is in there next with you
hashyandy4
3/27/12 1:55:49AM

Posted by Budgellism

I agree. Davis has a ton of potential and the loss is only going to make him better and push him harder.

Agreed
pmoney
3/27/12 2:53:07AM
I wish Davis wouldn't have fought Evans in the first place. I literally just rewatched that fight yesterday and that was a massacre. Davis could have learned just as much if he was brought along a little more slowly. I can see how Evans was the logical opponent, given the win streak "Mr. Wonderful" was on. But I am sure the disparity in skill was obvious to most.
machodog76
3/27/12 1:27:53PM
It's nice to hear a fighter acknowledge that a loss was due to a deficiency in his skill set and not the other fighter refusing to engage, a nagging injury, crappy coaching, bad judging.. etc. I'm becoming a fan of Mr. Wonderful
Svartorm
3/27/12 2:51:42PM
Yup. It's a breath of fresh air, and shows he'll improve, rather than continue with excuses like some.