PFC champ Brian Cobb replaces Justin Buchholz at UFC 95

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » PFC champ Brian Cobb replaces Justin Buchholz at UFC 95
SmileR
2/13/09 9:44:40AM
Palace Fighting Championships lightweight title-holder Brian Cobb (15-4 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will make his UFC debut at next week's UFC 95 event as a late replacement for Justin Buchholz.

The news comes from Sherdog.com, which reported Buchholz is stricken with a staph infection in his arm.

Cobb will now meet British fighter Terry Etim (11-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) in a preliminary bout on the overseas card.

UFC 95 takes place Feb. 21 at The 02 in London, England, and airs (via tape delay) on Spike TV.

Cobb, who owns a nine-fight win streak, launched his career with the Gladiator Challenge promotion before he appeared for organizations such as EliteXC and PFC. Ten of his 15 wins have come via submission.

As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported on Thursday, Cobb was recently announced as a participant for the May 8 PFC 13 card. Cobb was expected to make his third title defense when he met Poppies Martinez, though his new UFC deal could keep that fight from happening.

Etim, meanwhile, began his career with a 9-0 record before joining the UFC in 2007. His victories have come over Matt Grice and Sam Stout; losses came via decision to Gleison Tibau and Rich Clementi.

Link
tmas
2/13/09 10:22:49AM
etim will still win
tmas
2/13/09 10:23:38AM
and then Cobb will be fired.
grimreaper
2/13/09 11:17:11AM
Yeah I got Etim in this one I've heard good stuff about Cobb but coming in on about a week's notice is one thing but coming in on about a week's notice and going to the UK for your UFC debut against a home country favorite and a UFC veteran who's fought good competition and has been training for months and doesn't really have to travel at all has me picking Etim
Franklinfan47
2/13/09 5:27:22PM
Instead of Etim subbing Bucholz in the first, I have Etim subbing Cobb in the first.
prozacnation1978
2/13/09 8:18:47PM
i am just surprised that they didn't get lawson to fight etim since his fight with doherty was scrathed he is already training he could have fought eaily weird
Twenty20Dollars
2/13/09 9:11:59PM
etim prolly by decision. But idk cobb does have 3 sub losses.
fonduktoe
2/14/09 3:05:12AM
cobb will pull a miller and own etim
just watch
jiujitsufreak74
2/14/09 1:17:24PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i am just surprised that they didn't get lawson to fight etim since his fight with doherty was scrathed he is already training he could have fought eaily weird

Lawson's fight was scratched because he is competing in the Next TUF.
bls1919
2/15/09 11:18:07AM
I think i might go with Cobb on this one. It is going to be a BJJ fight and i think he'll out work Etim on the ground.