PETTIS OUT; PALASZEWSKI STEPS IN TO FACE NJOKUANI

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » PETTIS OUT; PALASZEWSKI STEPS IN TO FACE NJOKUANI
Wolfenstein
3/26/09 2:34:31PM
A change has been made to the upcoming WEC 40 card in Chicago as lightweight Anthony Pettis has been forced out of his scheduled fight against Anthony Njokuani with an undisclosed injury. Stepping into replace Pettis will be Bart Palaszewski, who accepted the fight on just over one week's notice.

link
Mayhem13
3/26/09 2:53:27PM
dammit. Njokuwani has some serious skills on the feet, and needs a win to stay in the wec probably...and he woulda got that.

but Palesewski is a vet with a decent all around game..i think Ant is a little too green still.

hopefully the short notice helps out...i like this kid.
lohmann
3/26/09 3:12:06PM
It's a win-win for Palaszewski to take this fight. If he wins, he'll avoid the chopping block at least for two more fights, and if he loses, he can point to the one-week notice as a reason to get one last chance.

Njokuani needs to use his height to find a decent range. I'd love to see him chip away at Palaszewski instead of losing in a fight that probably has his time with the WEC on the line.
Twenty20Dollars
3/26/09 4:28:11PM
hopefully bart can rebound and get a win here. He let me down in the last fight.