PETRUZELLI COULD BE TWO WEIGHT CLASS FIGHTER

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » PETRUZELLI COULD BE TWO WEIGHT CLASS FIGHTER
MMAcca
10/12/08 4:15:33AM
The future for EliteXC fighter Seth Petruzelli got a lot brighter on Oct. 4 after his 14-second knockout of Kimbo Slice, but according to EliteXC executives he may stay at heavyweight or even compete in two weight classes.

Before the chance to fight Kimbo came along, Petruzelli was all set to do battle against Aaron Rosa, a former training partner of UFC legend Tito Ortiz, at light heavyweight.

With Petruzelli’s newfound fame, the question immediately becomes what’s next for EliteXC’s newest star?

One possibility is an immediate shot at top 205-pound EliteXC fighter Rafael “Feijao” Calvancante, who has been rumored as part of a light heavyweight title fight for some time now, but according to EliteXC Vice President Jared Shaw, the company would like to give Petruzelli more time than four weeks to prepare for a bout of that magnitude.

“I think that could be a great fight at 205,” Shaw commented on a fight between Feijao and Petruzelli. “I haven’t even had a chance to have a conversation with Seth Petruzelli since I saw him at the press conference, so I’d like to figure out where he’s going to feel comfortable. He used to campaign as a heavyweight.

LINK
grappler0000
10/12/08 6:57:53AM

“I haven’t even had a chance to have a conversation with Seth Petruzelli since I saw him at the press conference...

Aether
10/12/08 10:45:10AM
I think people are over-estimating what Seth is going to gain from this. This is going to hurt Kimbo far more than it will help Seth. It's going to be no more than a flash in the pan. The casual fan isn't going to suddenly fall in love with him, most of them will either lose interest in Kimbo or they won't. No offense to Seth but he's a middle of the pack fighter and not very marketable, this isn't really going to make much of a difference for him popularity-wise. People will be talking about this for a month at the very most.

The majority of casual viewers I've heard talk about this say that Kimbo got beat by "a dude with pink hair" or "some white guy" not "Seth Petruzelli"
postman
10/12/08 12:53:37PM
Someones head is getting a little too big!
haggiswashere
10/12/08 2:15:03PM
he is only gonna be known as the guy who beat kimbo and thats it. elite can't market someone like him like they did kimbo. honestly what sounds better, a legendary streetfighter who changed his life to be an mma star, or ufc reject who settled for elite xc and beat there poster boy..... kimbo is a joke but seth isn't any better.