Petruzelli open to Kimbo Slice rematch

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Petruzelli open to Kimbo Slice rematch
MMAcca
10/6/08 1:03:16PM
“If he ever wanted a rematch, I would 100 percent give it to him.”

– Elite XC’s “Rocky Balboa” Seth Petruzelli mentioned at the Elite XC post-fight press conference that he would gladly grant Kimbo Slice a rematch if that’s what he and the organization wanted. “The Silverback” stepped up on literally hours notice to fight Slice in the main event at Elite XC: “Heat” over the weekend when Ken Shamrock pulled out because of a cut just before showtime. At this point the long anticipated match between Slice and undefeated Team Bison member Brett “The Grim” Rogers is probably out of the question … at least for the time being. Therefore, a rematch with Petruzelli could be the most logical next step in the Kimbo Slice MMA experiment. Petruzelli added that he would definitely come into a rematch at least 20 pounds heavier than the 205.5 pounds he weighed in at for last night’s bout. Who would have thought we’d ever see Kimbo vs. Seth Petruzelli I, let alone part II?

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
10/6/08 1:17:37PM
I dont want to see this rematch.
Evilwig
10/6/08 1:25:10PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I dont want to see this rematch.

I don't ever want to see Kimbo fight.... I wish this would end the Kimbo masquerade.
wrona666
10/6/08 1:45:00PM
I dont think anyone wants see this rematch......Any hardcore fan anyway.....Props to Petruzelli though that was awsome......I was hoping this would happen as soon as i heard Shamrock was out i knew Seth had a lot better chance at beating Kimbo!!!!!!
saemskin
10/6/08 2:26:03PM
That Rocky Balboa moniker is absolutely 100% ******* retarded, and shows the ignorance of most people. Seth was NOT an underdog going into this fight and to imply that he was with the stupid "rocky" shit, is....

loonytnt
10/6/08 2:31:54PM
i dont want to see this, kimbo needs to move on and fight someone else. its not like this was a fight for a belt. rematch goes to a 3 or 5 round war not a 15sec KO imo
Red-Dragon
10/6/08 2:34:49PM
F...k Me! You people really are haters man. You all jump on the we hate Kimbo bandwagon because you are sheep. You have no real reason to hate Kimbo. His promotion maybe but not Kimbo.

Give it up sheep, baaaa baaaa.
saemskin
10/6/08 2:39:48PM
hater:
an uninitelligent word used when the person speaking has no ability to express their discomfort at a situation.

Whenever I see it used I ignore everything that person says.
hodge
10/6/08 2:42:25PM
I actually agree Kimbo has never said that he is a top heavyweight or really done anything to deserve all this hate. Brock Lesners showboating when he won against Herring is far worse than anything that Kimbo has done give a guy a break

But also he did get rocked by a jab to the forehead LMAO
Red-Dragon
10/6/08 3:04:21PM

Posted by saemskin

hater:
an uninitelligent word used when the person speaking has no ability to express their discomfort at a situation.

Whenever I see it used I ignore everything that person says.

And that is taken straight out of saemskin's dictionary so we should all sit up and listen because he is obviously by far the most intelligent member on this site. One can tell by the eloquent way he pens his posts

I thought you were banned?
iwannabesedated
10/6/08 3:29:19PM
While i did enjoy seeing Kimbo lose just so all the people who thought Kimbo was the baddest dude alive can now rest.But its not Kimbo's Fault he's EXC hype machine and the announcers and writers who use the rocky or underdog reference towards Seth..Yeah sure we all knew Seth wasnt the Dog but the Public who doesnt follow MMA unlike most of us..We're probably like damn Kimbo got worked.So i guess Seth Petruzelli is the baddest man in the world now.
mrsmiley
10/6/08 3:29:50PM

Posted by Red-Dragon

F...k Me! You people really are haters man. You all jump on the we hate Kimbo bandwagon because you are sheep. You have no real reason to hate Kimbo. His promotion maybe but not Kimbo.

To an extent I can see were you are coming from.
For the most part Kimbo seems to be an allright guy.

However,I fully believe that the real "Sheep" were the people who "actually" bought into the Kimbo Slice hype.He's the perfect example of how far youtube can take you in life.
He makes the cover of ESPN magazine,which probably brought him instant crediblitly to any luke warm fans of the sport.
Some one who might not know a lot about MMA could think that sense he was on the cover of a rather well recieved sports magazine,that this guy most be a legitimate representative to this sport.
Then you look him up on the internet and find an endless video list of this "legit" heavy-weight fighting no names in backyards.
Way to go ESPN.

When Kimbo's name gets mentioned along with the likes of guys like Fedor,you really realize how much influence the media has on people.
So no,Kimbo critics should not be called "sheep".They have been right all along.Sure the guy has a great story that has all the hallmarks of a made for TV movie,but that doesn't justify the fanfare that has followed him.It's those people who buy into the garbage and hype who are the "real" "sheep".
Evilwig
10/6/08 3:36:51PM
I don't think it's being a hater. But I just think it's disrespectful that a guy like Kimbo is set as a main event over fighter like Shield and others.
So his lost only set thing right.
whardin19
10/6/08 3:40:35PM
No reason for a rematch here. Both fighters took the fight on short notice and didn't know the other so anything can happen. There's also no reason to be totally hating on Kimbo. It's not his fault his company built him up like that. If a company wanted to pay me that much money to fight I'd take it also. Kimbo has never stated he was a top 10 heavyweight. Stop pissing in his cheerios.
Red-Dragon
10/6/08 3:44:09PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by Red-Dragon

To an extent I can see were you are coming from.
For the most part Kimbo seems to be an allright guy.

However,I fully believe that the real "Sheep" were the people who "actually" bought into the Kimbo Slice hype.He's the perfect example of how far youtube can take you in life.
He makes the cover of ESPN magazine,which probably brought him instant crediblitly to any luke warm fans of the sport.
Some one who might not know a lot about MMA could think that sense he was on the cover of a rather well recieved sports magazine,that this guy most be a legitimate representative to this sport.
Then you look him up on the internet and find an endless video list of this "legit" heavy-weight fighting no names in backyards.
Way to go ESPN.

When Kimbo's name gets mentioned along with the likes of guys like Fedor,you really realize how much influence the media has on people.
So no,Kimbo critics should not be called "sheep".They have been right all along.Sure the guy has a great story that has all the hallmarks of a made for TV movie,but that doesn't justify the fanfare that has followed him.It's those people who buy into the garbage and hype who are the "real" "sheep".

I am not saying that those who thought he was overhyped were sheep. I myself think he was overhyped. The ones I call sheep are the ones that seem to slag him of as much as possible with every post. Any other fighter and it would be considered fighter bashing. I just think people on this site should lay off Kimbo, he is justtrying to earn a living and probably doing a lot better at it than most of the people flaming him$$$$$$$$
dannyfrank
10/6/08 4:23:31PM
1: yeah, there definitely doesn't need to be a rematch of this fight. no one is going to want to watch it
2: i don't dislike kimbo, i dislike all the hype about him. if he were represented as the fighter that he actually is, then i'd probably be a kimbo fan, but he isn't. don't get me wrong though, he still seems like a cool dude to get shitfaced with or somethin
loonytnt
10/7/08 2:40:35PM
kimbo can get his rematch after he wins 3+ fights or becames a HW champ, then he can get a rematch. no reason for kimbo to rematch a 205 anyway imo
bls1919
10/7/08 5:27:56PM
I could do without seeing this again. I would like to see more of the Silverback at 205.
EliasG
10/7/08 7:16:24PM
Yeah. Guys hate too much. He made way too much. That's on his promotion. His promotional team though is absolutely DYNAMITE. HOnestly, they took some Youtube videos, a funny looking dude and a very inexperienced fighter and made some money off of him. Imagine if they got their hands on some real fighters that had an "angle"?

I would like to see Kimbo fight Seth again. Would he get mercked again? We'll see. He's a 4 fight figher with zero smokers. Maybe he has no chin. Maybe he didn't even warm up and wasn't ready and got caught. A rematch will work. It's entertainment--purely. The Jake Shields and AA fight were MMA.

I like to be entertained though.

This is what I want next card:

Kimbo v. Seth II
Frank Shammy v. Ken SHammy
GIna v. Cyborg.
Nick Diaz v. ?
I'm good. that will be a heck of a card for circus and entertainment value.