Personally, I think GSP winning leads to better things...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Personally, I think GSP winning leads to better things...
Twenty20Dollars
4/15/08 11:15:06PM
If GSP wins that is going to set up the fight GSP vs Fitch instead of Fitch vs Serra.
Then after that you have Thiago facing the winner of gsp vs fitch.

With Serra loosing, that could set up a co-main event for a ppv, Serra vs Hughes and then hughes could beat serra and retire if he wins. which would be nice for hughes.

I think that would work out better, lead to better match ups. Because I want to see Serra vs Hughes. and then the new generation fighters going at it like gsp, fitch, alves.

GSP via tko head kick
JimiMak
4/15/08 11:36:31PM
Idk, as someone said in another thread the whole division is blown open wide by a Serra win. I think they both offer good options and can't wait.
Twenty20Dollars
4/15/08 11:56:49PM
oh, they need to make an option on this site to where you can delete your own post
Mchubb316
4/16/08 12:45:12AM
If Serra beats GSP does it legitimize him as the best at that division? If so then it wouldn't be no different if it was GSP or Serra against Fitch. I personally want to see the best fighters fight against the next best in their weight class. In my opinion it doesn't matter who wins, they will be the best in that weight class.
ocho-cinco
4/16/08 3:39:32AM
I agree that Serra winning opens up alot of good fights. There would be Serra Vs Fitch, Hughes, Thiago, and so on. At the same time GSP's next fight would be dope too, because the division is so deep. Mabey Marcus Davis, mabey Sanchez, mabey Karo... there are ton more. But for me, the more exciting fights come if GSP wins. First there Would be GSP VS Fitch... just a great match-up, both guys are elite welter weights. And if GSP can get throught that one, and mabey one more, that could potentially set up a monumental clash against BJ Penn, or Anderson Silva, mabey both (yeah I no I'm getting ahead of myself, but the thought of it is just so tantlizing). Also Serra Vs Hughes finally gets settled, and that really needs to be resolved.

Serra says the crowd wont bother him, but I guarentee he has never heard a crowd like the one he will be facing in Montreal. I really believe this will be the first true case of home octagon advantage. I live in BC, and I can tell you, there is a major vibe building in this country, and the fans in Montreal are going to be rocking harder then anyone has seen before in the UFC. And I don't buy this stuff about how there is going to be more pressure on GSP in front of the home fans. Are you serious? GSP is proud to be a French Canadian, and he loves his fans, if anything he will be so pumped full of adrenaline you could take a chair to his head, WWE style, and he'd still be coming forward. Anyway, I guess we will see this Saturday.....
Twenty20Dollars
4/16/08 8:53:01AM
But no way can hughes fight serra, if serra is the champ because hughes would have to beat another top contender to fight for the title. and I want to see Serra vs hughes, but i dont think it will happen if serra wins because hughes doesnt have that many fights left.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/16/08 10:37:36AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

oh, they need to make an option on this site to where you can delete your own post

i agree, u should make a thread about it w/ ATTN MODS so they'll know.

on topic, i agree withu but also agree that if serra wins it leaves the ufc with mucho options as well
TOMMYAYO05
4/16/08 11:48:52AM
I would way rather see gsp win because i think other welterweights like sanchez,koscheck,hughes,alves,fitch,and karo can all beat serra!i really want to see koscheck vs alves to get that number one spot though cuz alves shouldn be chillin waitin for two more fights to happen and be inactive!
teddythetuna
4/16/08 7:02:41PM
i hope st pierre wins because i really want to see the hughes/serra fight which will not happen for a long time if serra wins. i want to see st pierre win then st pierre/fitch, serra/hughes, alves/davis if davis wins his next fight, with that winner taking on st pierre or fitch
Tein_Lung
4/16/08 7:51:36PM

Posted by teddythetuna

i hope st pierre wins because i really want to see the hughes/serra fight which will not happen for a long time if serra wins. i want to see st pierre win then st pierre/fitch, serra/hughes, alves/davis if davis wins his next fight, with that winner taking on st pierre or fitch

Davis is not of the abilty to fight a top 5 WW... he might be ok beating cans and gatekeepers but he won't do anything but embarras himself against a top 5 fighter
skinnator
4/17/08 8:02:15AM
I think I am hte only one here to say Matt Serra will win TKO 2nd Round