Personalities in MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Personalities in MMA
the_01
10/21/10 1:38:18AM
Ive always wondered why would anyone watch Wrestling like WWE, (I dont know if theres other orgaizations), everyone is sure its fake. But when I saw The Ultimate Fighter show last night, it hit me how much I was excited afterwards. Even though the fights were incredible and totally unpredictable, the fighters that won had certain personalities that made you want him to win (at least I did). UFC has done a great job with TUF, exposing the personal traits of each fighter, and makeing you feel as you know the fighter a long time. Once you relate to a certain trait, either you have or want, you just want this perticular fighter to win anyway possible. Its not the fighter that you like, its the personality that he presents and you eventually associated with. This is why WWE is successful and I dont think will deminish very soon. This is my openion. Thanks
BeeR
10/21/10 7:36:23AM
entertainment, athleticism, the tight women in tight little things...tight men in tight things (if you're into that.....)

Dont watch it myself, but it was great when I was a bored kid with raging hormones and wanted to see two trim women have a "bra and panties" match.
emfleek
10/21/10 8:42:11AM
I can't say I'm a huge Cody McKenzie fan or anything, but when he sunk the guillotine in last night on Mini Kos, I was loving it. After the yellow team talked so much smack...ahh...I love it when others get a slice of humble pie.
DevonFoxy
10/21/10 9:01:46AM

Posted by emfleek

I can't say I'm a huge Cody McKenzie fan or anything, but when he sunk the guillotine in last night on Mini Kos, I was loving it. After the yellow team talked so much smack...ahh...I love it when others get a slice of humble pie.

Yea I'm a Kos fan and I must admit this show is actually making it hard for me to drive his bandwagon. Gsp's humble approach and Kos's cocky arrogant one are def. interesting elements to this years season.
emfleek
10/21/10 9:08:25AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by emfleek

Yea I'm a Kos fan and I must admit this show is actually making it hard for me to drive his bandwagon. Gsp's humble approach and Kos's cocky arrogant one are def. interesting elements to this years season.

Oh, I knew Kos would be cocky and arrogant going in to the show and I'll still be rooting for him against GSP, simply because I want a shakeup in the division.

I mostly thought it was funny because of Mini Kos' talking so much trash...but only when Koscheck was around. I jumped out of my seat when I saw his body go limp from the choke. Looooooooved it.
PricklyPear
10/21/10 10:05:09AM
I was just talking to my wife last night about how good this season is turning out to be. I knew Cody was gonna sink that guillotine in. He's fun to watch, but he'd better have more than that. Like fleek said, Kos can be a jerk, but I still like him. I'll be routing for a good fight when he and GSP go at it. I really am loving this season.
AchillesHeel
10/21/10 10:09:24AM

Posted by the_01

Ive always wondered why would anyone watch Wrestling like WWE, (I dont know if theres other orgaizations), everyone is sure its fake.

The results of the 'matches' are scripted, because it's not a sport. It's theater. It's practically vaudeville, although I've never seen any vaudeville. I haven't watched pro wrestling since I was 14, but I want to bang my head on my desk every time I see someone point out that it's 'fake', because that person has missed the point entirely.
emfleek
10/21/10 10:12:31AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

but I want to bang my head on my desk every time I see someone point out that it's 'fake', because that person has missed the point entirely.

Agreed. They don't try to hide the fact that it's scripted (anymore, anyways).
BlueSkiesBurn
10/21/10 11:15:31AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

The results of the 'matches' are scripted, because it's not a sport. It's theater. It's practically vaudeville, although I've never seen any vaudeville. I haven't watched pro wrestling since I was 14, but I want to bang my head on my desk every time I see someone point out that it's 'fake', because that person has missed the point entirely.

I think you and Fleek are old enough to remember this, but do you remember the talk shows they used to have when we were younger debating the realism of the WWF?

Man, they had a cable access show in my town and grown-ass adults (not just the one hosting the show) would call in and argue that the WWF was real and that the outcomes were determined in ring.

Mind you, this was before Vince flat out admitted it was scripted and nothing more than entertainment. It seems stupid now, but back in the day, it was an argument that used to piss people off all over the place.
emfleek
10/21/10 11:24:32AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by AchillesHeel

I think you and Fleek are old enough to remember this, but do you remember the talk shows they used to have when we were younger debating the realism of the WWF?

Actually, no. I don't remember that.
BlueSkiesBurn
10/21/10 11:26:45AM

Posted by emfleek

Eh, that's probably because you live in Indiana and civilization hadn't caught up with you in the '80's and '90's
emfleek
10/21/10 11:28:19AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Eh, that's probably because you live in Indiana and civilization hadn't caught up with you in the '80's and '90's

Yeah, because public access channels are soooo hi-tech...
BlueSkiesBurn
10/21/10 11:29:31AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Yeah, because public access channels are soooo hi-tech...

You must not have seen Wayne's World. That public access show changed LIVES!
scoozna
10/21/10 2:34:45PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by AchillesHeel

Man, they had a cable access show in my town and grown-ass adults (not just the one hosting the show) would call in and argue that the WWF was real and that the outcomes were determined in ring.

Mind you, this was before Vince flat out admitted it was scripted and nothing more than entertainment. It seems stupid now, but back in the day, it was an argument that used to piss people off all over the place.

I remember two separate incidents on daytime talk-shows - One where the host was put in a "sleeper-hold" (was it Hulk?), then released and he hit his head on the floor - cutting it open.

The second incident happened during an interview where the reporter pressed the question of whether it was "real" or not - then got nearly knocked out by an open-handed slap. Can't remember which wrestler did that either.

That was some funny s***.
Jackelope
10/21/10 6:29:43PM

Posted by scoozna
The second incident happened during an interview where the reporter pressed the question of whether it was "real" or not - then got nearly knocked out by an open-handed slap. Can't remember which wrestler did that either.

Hahahahahahaahaha I know exactly what you're talking about although I can't remember the wrestler, either. Was it Ted Dibiase maybe?

EDIT: Found it. David Schultz
scoozna
10/22/10 9:37:50AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by scoozna

Hahahahahahaahaha I know exactly what you're talking about although I can't remember the wrestler, either. Was it Ted Dibiase maybe?

Ahh yes, good find...and I believe that reporter is none other than John Stossel.
Jackelope
10/22/10 12:35:01PM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by scoozna

Ahh yes, good find...and I believe that reporter is none other than some dude who got KTFO by a bitch slap

Fixed.
BlueSkiesBurn
10/22/10 3:50:28PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by scoozna

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by scoozna

Ahh yes, good find...and I believe that reporter is none other than some dude who got KTFO by a bitch slap

Fixed.

This comment, LITERALLY, made me spit soda out of my mouth I was laughing so hard.