Personalities clash as UFC 135 headliners Jones and Jackson visit Denver media

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Personalities clash as UFC 135 headliners Jones and Jackson visit Denver media
FastKnockout
7/19/11 3:41:28PM
It was perhaps the simplest question during a gathering that at times was more frat party than media event.

But it produced the most meaningful exchange during a pre-event media tour ahead of UFC 135.

Asked by a fan how the fight would go – without getting into game plan, of course – light-heavyweight champion Jon "Bones" Jones (13-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) was interrupted by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (32-8 MMA, 7-2 UFC).

"You know who he is – c'mon man," Jackson said today at the Pepsi Center in Denver, which also hosts the pay-per-view UFC 135 event on Sept. 24. "Who been standing with me, dog? Everybody been wrasslin' me, dog. You already know, player."

It was one of many interruptions from the former champ, who bounced between the role of class clown and frustrated MMA veteran as questions about his motivation to fight surfaced.

On the other side of the podium, Jones kept a mostly stoic exterior as he responded to persistent attacks about a perceived cockiness as the second-youngest champion in UFC history.

LINK
FastKnockout
7/19/11 3:42:20PM
I WANT MY BELT BAAAAAAAAAACK!
Chael_Sonnen
7/19/11 4:40:22PM
Need a translator to decipher the mumbo-jumbo that Rampage spews.....say what dog?
Bubbles
7/19/11 4:43:53PM
i really am hoping and praying for Rampage to knock Jones TFO
prophecy033
7/19/11 6:20:11PM

Posted by Bubbles

Jones humility always seems to be at the ready, IMO it feels contrived
Chael_Sonnen
7/19/11 8:44:49PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Bubbles

Jones humility always seems to be at the ready, IMO it feels contrived

I didn't know Rampage had any humility as well.....little brother is going to put big brother over his knee and give him a thorough spanking.

And afterwards, Rampage can film The A-Team II
Cooler
7/19/11 8:48:49PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Need a translator to decipher the mumbo-jumbo that Rampage spews.....say what dog?

I need a b/s detector to understand anything Chael says..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amajsrItMhE

Chael_Sonnen
7/19/11 8:50:59PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

True dat
Sir_Karl
7/19/11 11:24:17PM
I hope and pray that Rampage can pull this one off....but in reality...I think he is going to get hurt.
Pookie
7/19/11 11:37:40PM
FlashyG
7/19/11 11:53:52PM

Posted by Cooler

I can help you there...Just check to see if his mouth is open or closed.
KungFuMaster
7/20/11 1:33:04AM
Bones is a specimen at 205 and is seemingly unstoppable at the moment but I am no longer on his wagon and I can only pray Rampage lands a haymaker on him.

My prediction: Bones via submission in the second.

My wishes: Rampage by knock out in the first.
KungFuMaster
7/20/11 1:35:48AM

Posted by Pookie

Bones looks like a kid who has very little respect for anyone. I pray to his God that he be knocked out by Rampage. Amen.
Pookie
7/20/11 1:39:38AM
Rampage reminds me of Sonnen, but without the hyperbole. I think he's in Jones head.

Here's a link to an interview for a radio station done on the same day. The second portion is where the real gold is.
KungFuMaster
7/20/11 1:59:13AM

Posted by Pookie

Rampage reminds me of Sonnen, but without the hyperbole. I think he's in Jones head.

Here's a link to an interview for a radio station done on the same day. The second portion is where the real gold is.

It was gold indeed.

Jones travels with the belt because he wants to spend as much time with the belt as he can before he loses it - Rampage. Gold!
brutalbones
7/20/11 10:11:20AM
I had a lot of respect and admiration for Jones in the beginning, but his words and actions have led me to dislike him. While I believe Rampage can knock him out, I think Jones will be too much for him, standing or otherwise.
Darnok
7/20/11 10:53:25AM

Posted by Pookie

tn_rebel
7/20/11 1:53:04PM
Hahaha yall can just keep praying cause Rampage has absolutely no shot at winning this fight. But go ahead and keep praying cause God is the only one that can help him now. You prolly should start praying for his health rather than the win though.
emfleek
7/20/11 2:00:29PM

Posted by tn_rebel

Hahaha yall can just keep praying cause Rampage has absolutely no shot at winning this fight.

Rrrright.

Will I pick him? No. But to say he as no shot is ludicrous.
Patchedup15
7/20/11 3:15:39PM
Jones seems a little out of his element having to sit across from Rampage who is so comfortable with press, and VERY quick witted. Its kinda hard to woo fans when you keep recycling the same (albeit truthful) garbage about God, and hard work, etc. etc... Jones why are you so guarded with us?? we Love you!!
KungFuMaster
7/20/11 4:30:42PM
I pray to someday become a prophet like the many I have met on this site. Amen.
BigBadAl
7/20/11 5:54:48PM
"your best win was against Bonnar and he's crap"
tn_rebel
7/20/11 6:05:29PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by tn_rebel

Hahaha yall can just keep praying cause Rampage has absolutely no shot at winning this fight.

Rrrright.

Will I pick him? No.

Exactly
tn_rebel
7/20/11 6:16:41PM
Yall act like Rampage continues to knock people out! 6 of his last 7 fights have went to decision, and he hasn't looked that impressive in any of them besides the one KO against Wanderlei. Rampage ain't hungry anymore; he knows he can make easier money on the big screen. So Bones is gonna do him a favor and turn him into a permanent movie star.