My Personal Middleweight Ranking Real Glow

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » My Personal Middleweight Ranking Real Glow
MoJoy
6/28/08 6:26:42PM
Top Middleweights
1.Anderson Silva
2.Dan Henderson
3.Ronald Sousa
4.Rich Franklin
5.Paulo Filho
6.Matt Lindland
7.Yoshihiro Akiyama
8.Cung Le
9.Yushin Okami
10.Gegard Mousasi
11.Thales Leites
12.Melvin Manhoef
13.Frank Shamrock
14.Michael Bisbing
15.Jason Miller
16.Karuo Misaki
17.Robbie Lawler
18.Nate Marquadt
19.Ricardo Almeida
20.Martin Kampman
puppetmaster837
6/28/08 7:32:57PM

Posted by MoJoy

Top Middleweights
1.Anderson Silva
2.Dan Henderson
3.Ronald Sousa
4.Rich Franklin
5.Paulo Filho
6.Matt Lindland
7.Yoshihiro Akiyama
8.Cung Le
9.Yushin Okami
10.Gegard Mousasi
11.Thales Leites
12.Melvin Manhoef
13.Frank Shamrock
14.Michael Bisbing
15.Jason Miller
16.Karuo Misaki
17.Robbie Lawler
18.Nate Marquadt
19.Ricardo Almeida
20.Martin Kampman

Some of those don't make much sense. Like for Jacare to be #3, yeah he might be an incredible grappler but that doesnt mean he is a good fighter. He didnt really even dominate Miller in their last fight.

Lawler and Marquardt are definately top ten. Im not sure how you can have Bisping higher then them when he has only had 2 fights at middleweight both against unranked opponents.
aaa9erh8er
6/28/08 7:44:10PM
i dont have cung in top ten imo he has fought one top 15 guy. beat him yes but not quite enought to be a all around good fighter he has never shown any kinda ground game whatso ever untill i see his skills on the ground or lack there off i wouldnt put him in the top ten. and how can you not have leben on the list at all he was on a tare threw the div untill he was stopped by the (in the opinon of many and mine) p4p best fighter in the world imo leben should be 3-4 5 at worst

P.s i agree with the above poster coment on bisping 100% it was spot on
mrkennedy
6/28/08 7:44:29PM
where is cote
MoJoy
6/28/08 7:55:07PM
Those guys are on the close part of the rest of the fighters. And I dont think Lawler has many impressive wins. I still think highly of him. Really anywhere fighter ranked top 50 is a very good fighter. Nate is not as great as people think he is. Thales beat him, and that was after 2 fouls that should have been dq'd. I dont like people bringing up the close fight and points taken away. Had Thales hit him with those shots, it would have affected Nate as well. Those are not shots that take minutes to recover, they take days to recover. All the stuff Nate did after that, was a moot point cause he put Thales in a unfairly compromised position. Despite that marvelous that the better fighter won anyway. Most of these rankings are based on what I have seen, some part of my thinking also is how I feel they would do going forward.
MoJoy
7/2/08 12:44:19AM
Thoughts.