The Perfect Storm: Alexander-Irvin

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The Perfect Storm: Alexander-Irvin
RMFG_187
4/1/08 3:58:35AM
It has become a grossly overused phrase, so much so that its mere utterance causes readers to cringe at its mind-numbing regularity in our sporting lexicon.

But every once in a great while, the stars really do properly align and that special mix of elements actually comes together to form the perfect storm—an awe-inspiring hurricane that wreaks unmatched havoc on the environment, leaving a lasting trail of carnage in its wake.

Many fans watch the Ultimate Fighting Championship hoping to witness just such a perfect storm inside the Octagon. They want to see “Marvelous” Marvin Hagler versus Tommy “Hitman” Hearns inside a cage. Better yet, they want to see Chuck Liddell versus Wanderlei Silva end in a knockout.

Web Link
Twenty20Dollars
4/1/08 1:00:39PM
im hoping for a highlight reel KO by Houston.
keith-hackney1
4/1/08 2:06:33PM
Irvin has not impressed me, houston via tko/ko will take it !!!
bls1919
4/1/08 6:22:54PM
i am going with Houston but think it will be a good fight HA by TKO 2nd
Mchubb316
4/1/08 7:32:42PM
Should end quick. Irvin hasn't impressed me either as of late. I see Alexander stalking him down and winning by TKO.
Kracker_Jap
4/2/08 10:10:03AM
Give Irvin a break........

Blew out his knee and had an illegal blow end a fight for him.....

WAR SANDMAN The KrackerJap has not lost the love
wolfman
4/3/08 1:37:19AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

It was nice to see Irvin get a good win under his belt without an injury or DQ involved. The guy is a warrior and always brings it, I don't understand the hate shown towards him. As I've seen people say that he faked the injury to get the DQ win. He was kneed pretty hard in his eye socket, I'd like to see people on this site take a shot like that and try and fight after that. I'm glad I picked him to win as I figured Houston had a weak chin as he's shown in the past. WAR Irvin!
Kracker_Jap
4/3/08 2:45:21AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Kracker_Jap

It was nice to see Irvin get a good win under his belt without an injury or DQ involved. The guy is a warrior and always brings it, I don't understand the hate shown towards him. As I've seen people say that he faked the injury to get the DQ win. He was kneed pretty hard in his eye socket, I'd like to see people on this site take a shot like that and try and fight after that. I'm glad I picked him to win as I figured Houston had a weak chin as he's shown in the past. WAR Irvin!

Yes and all of us smart people got an extra 2 points out of the deal...

thank you haters i needed that extra 2 points
Kpro
4/3/08 4:27:07AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Yes and all of us smart people got an extra 2 points out of the deal...

thank you haters i needed that extra 2 points

I still can't believe that was a +2. Easiest 1st round finish to pick in ages. All Houston ever had was the element of surprise.