why are people so sure wanderlei will lose

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » why are people so sure wanderlei will lose
Huckit
4/4/07 7:32:01PM
if this fight happened before hendo or before crocop people would all be picking wandi. what has igor done? he got even more owned by crocop he just lost to overeem and nakamura lol.

wandi will murder him
Stickan
4/4/07 7:43:26PM
Kind of a strange thread considering Wandy is the favourite in this fight
Huckit
4/4/07 7:47:59PM
70%picking igor and all ive seen is people saying wandi will be koed
Stickan
4/4/07 7:58:36PM

Posted by Huckit

Huh? On this site it's 80/20 in Wandys favor.
hcazlekker
4/4/07 8:19:09PM
I don't think it has to do with their records (which igor's is impressive as well) as much as it does their particular styles.

Its kind of a bad match up for Wandy.

Still, Igor hasn't fought in over a year....

Igor, 1st rnd KO!
THE_AXE_MURDERER
4/4/07 8:32:29PM
Wanderlei by 2nd round KO
Stickan
4/4/07 9:00:57PM
I say Wand by decision or submission. If submission, probably an armbar from the bottom.
loller90278
4/4/07 10:07:42PM
huckit for once i agree with you, most people on here (going by comments) say that igor is going to win, but if you go to mmaforum.com it's all wand.

i think wandy is going to win it but ill be rooting for ice cold I.V 100%
hippysmacker
4/4/07 10:46:47PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by Huckit

Huh? On this site it's 80/20 in Wandys favor.

Stickans right. Look at the Event pick's and point's tab Huckit.
Cobbs666
4/4/07 10:58:36PM

Posted by Huckit

if this fight happened before hendo or before crocop people would all be picking wandi. what has igor done? he got even more owned by crocop he just lost to overeem and nakamura lol.

wandi will murder him

what has igor done?? he hits a hell of alot harder than hendo and knocked out numerous people
Fumar-Fortiuse
4/4/07 11:01:23PM
Personaly I don't care who the favorite is in this fight. All I want to see is Wandy to shut all those who thought he was done up. I promise you we will get to seet that intensity we're all used to seeing.
Svartorm
4/5/07 12:13:07AM
I'm calling Igor. If all things were equal, I'd give it to Wandy via decision or TKO, but all is not equal. Igor is coming in completely fresh and win a new dimension to his fight game, as hes supposedly been training ground fighting in his down time. Wandy is coming in off of two brutal Kos, the loss of his title, and just fought six weeks ago. He was also sick during that time. If Wandy was taking on a lesser opponent, I'd look past that, but this fight would be tough for Wandy if he was going in fresh.
pv3Hpv3p
4/5/07 12:26:25AM
Me personally just like Igor and have been wanting to see him back in action for a while, so I'll pull for him... Even if he is fighting Wandy (one of my other all-time favs)

I don't see why anyone would say it will be an easy fight for either man, it'll be a war... But IMO, Igor's percise punching vs Wandy's wild brawl will end up with a KO for the Ukraine Freight Train...

Man I wish I could have seen this fight in 04 or thereabouts...
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/5/07 12:49:27AM
I think Wandy will lose because he took this fight on 3 days notice.....
maranatha
4/5/07 1:17:30PM

I agree, it will be a war. I think Wandy has more motivation to win, but Igor has huge knockout power. You got to respect Wandy for not fighting a can even though it may have been a better career move.
MMA
4/5/07 1:32:19PM
Arg, I would have picked Igor if he has not been inactive for so long. I don't care how much training you do, sparring with someone is different from fighting with someone.

I suspect Wanderlei to be hungry after his two KO loses and is looking to redeem himself with a KO finish.