"the people at pride are F#CKIN RETARDED"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » "the people at pride are F#CKIN RETARDED"
loller90278
3/4/07 3:45:09PM
says dana white in this interview (post ufc 68)

hilarity ensues
Manfred
3/4/07 3:51:01PM
He makes some valid points, esp. regarding Saku. But he forgets to mention that they are (Wandy/Saku) are warriors who wanted those matches.
loller90278
3/4/07 3:53:38PM
did he say sakuraba or sakikaraba?
ButterBalls
3/4/07 3:58:58PM
who cares it was funny
Manfred
3/4/07 4:04:37PM

Posted by loller90278

did he say sakuraba or sakikaraba?

He was talking about the mismatches that Saku fought when he's really a 183lber
loller90278
3/4/07 4:07:02PM
oh lol, my audio is a bit screwy..

why was it such a bad match up.. there was no american to fight wandy so it was the obvious choice.. no american would have cared if it was shogun vs wand (besides diehards) but as soon as ppl hear "Americas Best" ...
hcazlekker
3/4/07 4:15:40PM
Frikken hilarious, "f#cking geniuses"

I have to agree with Dana White though, Sakuraba is my all-time favorite, but Pride rode their horse straight to the glue factory.
loller90278
3/4/07 4:56:05PM

Posted by hcazlekker

I have to agree with Dana White though, Sakuraba is my all-time favorite, but Pride rode their horse straight to the glue factory.

what do you think chuck liddel is going to do? he said he wants to fight cc, fedor..

hcazlekker
3/4/07 7:01:40PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by hcazlekker

what do you think chuck liddel is going to do? he said he wants to fight cc, fedor..

I'm not sure what Chuck Liddel is going to do. But if he wants to fight CC and Fedor he's gonna have to beef up for the HW division. Ya know, unless Dana just hands him the fights.
SteedTheDeed
3/5/07 12:22:16AM
Dana is obviously pissed. He still sees PRIDE as a threat or else he wouldn't acknowledge them so much, and if they fail wand will be your soon.
hippysmacker
3/5/07 1:16:30AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by hcazlekker

I agree that Sakuraba was promoted badly by pride, as for Chuck I think it's a different situation. I'm not saying Chuck will beat Cro-cop or Fedor. However, he is actually bigger than both men walking around. Saku fighting a bunch of and big LHVY fighter's was not a good idea for his career or health IMO. He is one of my all-time favorites . Watching him get pummeled by Smirnovas,saved by the ref, and barely eek out a victory breaks my heart. I know Saku is willing to fight anybody. Wandy was too. I think all those wars against bigger fighter's wore both guys down. Saku/Wandy are not even big for their own weight. Randy may have pulled it out against one big guy, but I don't want to see him fighting a Barnett/Ricco again. He is my all-time favorite, but I fear this could end badly. At least if he fights Cro-cop or Fedor they are guys near his own size. SuperHVy's who are more well-rounded , or just HVY's who have faster handspeed could be a nightmare for him. That being said I 'm sick of the war of words between Pride/UFC whether they are the truth ot not. They both have points from time to time, but usually they are just spewing hyperbole. If they are not going to work together, I wish they would just ignore eachother. This middle-school game of my dad's better than yours is a waste of their energies to me. They should both be trying to improve themselves and quit their bickering IMO.
hcazlekker
3/5/07 10:17:03AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by loller90278

Posted by hcazlekker

I agree that Sakuraba was promoted badly by pride, as for Chuck I think it's a different situation. I'm not saying Chuck will beat Cro-cop or Fedor. However, he is actually bigger than both men walking around. Saku fighting a bunch of and big LHVY fighter's was not a good idea for his career or health IMO. He is one of my all-time favorites . Watching him get pummeled by Smirnovas,saved by the ref, and barely eek out a victory breaks my heart. I know Saku is willing to fight anybody. Wandy was too. I think all those wars against bigger fighter's wore both guys down. Saku/Wandy are not even big for their own weight. Randy may have pulled it out against one big guy, but I don't want to see him fighting a Barnett/Ricco again. He is my all-time favorite, but I fear this could end badly. At least if he fights Cro-cop or Fedor they are guys near his own size. SuperHVy's who are more well-rounded , or just HVY's who have faster handspeed could be a nightmare for him. That being said I 'm sick of the war of words between Pride/UFC whether they are the truth ot not. They both have points from time to time, but usually they are just spewing hyperbole. If they are not going to work together, I wish they would just ignore eachother. This middle-school game of my dad's better than yours is a waste of their energies to me. They should both be trying to improve themselves and quit their bickering IMO.

Very well said.

I wasn't sure how to make that point, I have articulation problems, lol. I was just going to make a list of who Saku has fought, and say something like, "This is what I mean."

Haha
jocksmall
3/5/07 2:10:51PM
dana wants to criticize pride for giving the poeple the fights they want and the fighters the fights they want and drop more f-bombs than a drunken sailor. that interview showed little class. dana is the figure head of the ufc and is trying to become more mainstream and he does an interview like that. his boss should be saying the same thing he said about chucks interview.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/5/07 4:38:21PM
The big difference between Saku and Chuck is that Chuck drops 25 lbs before fights and Saku barely makes 185. Chuck fighting HW isnt a huge stretch for him as it is for Saku fighting LHW when he barely cuts wieght for MW.
ManBeast
3/5/07 4:42:43PM
I love how whenever they asked about chuck on good morning Texas he was like, " oh chuck had pnuemonia, he was sick" wtf?

so apparantly chuck can kick ass and knock people out, but when it comes to basic taking care of himself and common sense, he needs his hand to be held by dana. BS, just like Dana said that chuck was injured at the Jackson fight.

I really dislike Dana's comments about Saku and Pride, because you know what? alot of people felt the same way about Couture, Couture is too small/old to be fighting at HW but does Dana say " well we are worried..etc" nope he hypes the fight and sends crocop in for the winner. I'm sure Dana wasnt even expecting Randy to pull off the win against Tim either. shows what he cares about his beloved fighters.

Dana should stick to running the company and stop trying to make himself famous and stealing other fighter's thunder. He's a great business man, but he doesnt know enough to be talking about fighters the way he does.
UTlongboarder
3/5/07 11:24:16PM
damn, he has no respect...

too bad pride didn't just stay in Japan...they woulda been awesome....
gspfan31
3/6/07 12:31:13AM
as much as dana sounds like an asshole, he's right
ac_gi
3/6/07 4:04:46AM

Posted by gspfan31

as much as dana sounds like an asshole, he's right

chop-socky-flix
3/6/07 10:27:02AM
Chuck fighting fedor or crocop i would love to see.

Sounds a little like the sort of thing that got wandy into trouble, but then wandy is a fighter, chuck is a champion.

I reckon its all talk and he wouldnt risk a loss (dana probably wouldnt let him, and if he did it would be made clear that if he lost he is a LHW fighting a HW). All this crap about wandy being heavier than crocop means nothing as he has a LHW or MW frame to put the bulk on, CroCop is a HW with a HW frame. Look at those Efin legs!!