People love their TUF guys

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » People love their TUF guys
iwannabesedated
8/7/07 8:53:28PM
I just looked at the stats & data for all the upcoming cards and man out of like 19 TUF guys that are fighting 13 of them have the majority of the picks..Although the Hammill Bisping fight is TUF vs TUF. I mean on some of these fights i agree with the majority picks but some i kinda wonder do people on here just pick the the TUF guys to win cause they've seen them on tv and dont really know the other guy that well..

TUFers who have the majority votes to win

Kalib,JoeDaddy,Kendall,Diego,Kenflo,Luke,Davis,Bisping,Quarry,Wiman,Gray,Swick,Diaz

Losing- KOS, Forrest,Jardine,Leben,Cole,Hammill altho hes fighting fellow TUF guy.

Not that this a bad or good thing just some food for thought.

If i missed any or some..sorry im at work and kinda back and forth with it..not really the greatest post but im bored.
kopower
8/7/07 9:30:28PM
Good research. I think it has to be the familiarity with some. I'll admit I did a bit of that in the past when I was getting into watching mma.
the-james
8/7/07 9:37:42PM
Yes alot of people of people are picking TUF fighters to win their upcoming fights but its because of who they are matched up against and not because, people recongnize them from reality tv, I personally dont blame people for picking those fighters.

Im taking

Stevenson ,Kendall,Diego,Luke,Davis,Bisping,Quarry,Wiman,Gray,Swick,Diaz and Cole who are all fom the ultimate fighter.

But good observation though.
the-james
8/7/07 9:40:51PM
Anthoney Torres and Pete Sell were on TUF aswell and are losing.
ocho-cinco
8/7/07 9:56:07PM
you may be right somewhat, but the fact is TUF has produced alot of good fighters. They may be bigger names and it's easy to quickly dismiss there advesairy, but most of them are very promising young fighters.
kevietre
8/7/07 10:11:46PM
Their all fighters and mixed martial artists who went on a reality show
iwannabesedated
8/7/07 10:16:31PM
I got Luke Diego and Davis losing.....i know the Davis losing is probably the most Likely not to happen but in the year of the upset you never know.I think Fitch and Diego is gonna an awesome fight but i think Fitch is gonna win.

Forgot i got Thomas over Kenflo as well.
iwannabesedated
8/7/07 10:21:34PM

Posted by kevietre

WOW...thats news to me
the-james
8/7/07 11:17:05PM

Posted by kevietre

Yeah we knew that....
cmill21
8/8/07 12:33:55AM
No their actors who wen't on an mma show....
kevietre
8/8/07 12:37:13AM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by kevietre

WOW...thats news to me

So then why do you call them TUF guys then just use their freakin name
kevietre
8/8/07 12:43:09AM

Posted by the-james

Posted by kevietre

Yeah we knew that....

Its just old to still have the stigma attached and call them TUF guys pretty soon ever fighter will be considered a TUF guy since thats who the UFC uses.
Stickan
8/8/07 12:49:39AM
I agree with kevietre. They're just up and coming fighters. Prospects. Most of them have been matched up in very winable matches, like Wiman and Stevenson for example.
Kendall is fighting another TUFer though in Cótê.
iwannabesedated
8/8/07 11:02:29AM
its just an observation take it for what you will....but these guys will always be TUFers..
jocksmall
8/8/07 8:13:06PM
man i was a guy who didnt give the reality guys any credit and thought they were getting to much credit too fast. it is obvious to me now that some of these guys are top notch.
TOMMYAYO05
8/9/07 1:03:05AM
Hey it looks like yur right man,and i have Kos winning the gsp fight so theres another one.
SpiderSilva
8/9/07 7:20:28PM
most of the TUF guys are good
yeah they are starting out with a chip on there shoulder but how does that go they were in the right place at the right time
plus if you watch a show for a few weeks with the same people your gonna start to remeber who they are and how good they are most of them seem to be getting better
some just arnt
plus I dont think they are getting fed why give a new guy a top notch fighter when they are starting they are just gonna lose
nubby
8/9/07 7:41:00PM
I agree. I didn't really think the TUFers were that great as a whole but there are some really talented folks in their ranks.