People not honoring GSP vs Penn 2 av bets?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » People not honoring GSP vs Penn 2 av bets?
POLL: What should become of the GSP av betters if its a NC?
2 month av from BJ betters just for GSP cheating 17% (4)
Avatar trade off for the month 43% (10)
Other (explain) 39% (9)
EvenFlow
2/4/09 10:32:11PM
I hear some people are not putting up their losing avatars from the BJ / GSP fight because of the greasing controversy. I'm very against cheating in sports or in life but I put up the losing av not because I think GSP didnt cheat but because the evidence is still cloudy and I cant make too many judgments thus far. I say the GSP av betters should just have to put one up from the BJ av betters if the fight gets called a NC.

I have a couple of questions though.

1) Is it unsportsmanlike to take the av down or not put it up at all until this is cleared up?

2) What should the GSP av betters have to do if the decision is a NC or the decision is reversed?
SpiderSilva
2/4/09 10:46:20PM
should be kept BJ would have still lost
Mayhem13
2/4/09 10:46:24PM
I say you both lose, and get stuck with an avatar of the others choice...that is if its ruled a NC.

after the AJ fiasco, I will be very suprised if its overturned though.
grappler0000
2/4/09 11:53:17PM
From my understanding, they can't overturn the result of the fight. They can punish the individuals involved, but that is it.

But, to answer the question...if it were reversed to a NC, everyone who lost should take down their AV, while the winners should sport an AV for however long the losers had to.
Playground_Samurai
2/5/09 12:52:04AM
If you don't want to honor your av bet, then take it down. I could care less.
ncordless
2/5/09 1:33:24AM

Posted by grappler0000

From my understanding, they can't overturn the result of the fight. They can punish the individuals involved, but that is it.

But, to answer the question...if it were reversed to a NC, everyone who lost should take down their AV, while the winners should sport an AV for however long the losers had to.

Correct. The fight cannot be overturned under the rules of the NSAC. This situation is not one of the instances in which a fight can be overturned. I feel the athletic comission should be able to overturn contests in which greasing is involved, but as the rules currently stand they cannot.
EvenFlow
2/5/09 2:42:46AM

Posted by gspfan

If you don't want to honor your av bet, then take it down. I could care less.

Wait I never said I didnt want to, I thought I explained this well but maybe it sounded different to you. I wanted perspective on this issue (since i doubt this has happened here before) and why other people arnt honoring theirs. Trust me if I wasnt going to honor the bet I wouldnt even bother writing this thread, putting up the av or even responding to the PM's in the the first place bro.
emfleek
2/5/09 8:38:47AM
A bet is a bet is a bet.

Losers need to man up and quit being bitches. Honor your bet whether you agree with the decision or not.

A "greasy" back didn't f*ck BJ's face up.
chuckw94
2/5/09 9:01:32AM
since the fight cannot be overturned and GSP won, i say honor your bets. and if it's ruled a no contest, then take the av down. come on guys lets not let this get out of hand.
DCRage
2/5/09 9:20:29AM

1) Is it unsportsmanlike to take the av down or not put it up at all until this is cleared up?

Yes. Until the NSAC says otherwise, GSP is the official winner. If you lost a bet on the fight and have to honor an av bet as a result, HONOR IT. That's an order.

2) What should the GSP av betters have to do if the decision is a NC or the decision is reversed?

If it's later declared a No Contest during the period the av bet is in effect, consider the bet null and void. Treat it like it never happened. If reversed, we'll deal with that when the time comes.

Bottom line: If you made a bet on the fight you are to honor it effective now. If you have a bet that hasn't been honored yet and isn't in the next 2 days, PM me this weekend and I'll start making the rounds.
casey64
2/5/09 9:26:41AM

Posted by emfleek

A bet is a bet is a bet.

Losers need to man up and quit being bitches. Honor your bet whether you agree with the decision or not.

DoTheMMAth
2/5/09 9:31:29AM
Seeing how popular avatar bets have become, we've got something in the works to help officialize and streamline the process Stay tuned!
Shawn91111
2/5/09 9:35:54AM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Seeing how popular avatar bets have become, we've got something in the works to help officialize and streamline the process Stay tuned!

Mafia planned hits if people dont own up?
casey64
2/5/09 12:08:15PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Hmmmmm, I wonder what Dr.DoTheMMAth has got in store for us.lol Seriously interested in hearing this.
backalley101
2/5/09 3:27:57PM

Posted by emfleek

A bet is a bet is a bet.

yes man up
bobbydoomocculta
2/5/09 10:46:40PM
If you made a bet with an illegal bookmaker and didn't pay because "GSP's back might've been slippery", they'd still break your legs... think about it...
Boo_Radley21
2/6/09 12:50:02AM
I vote you make the bet you stick to the bet. You can't bitch out of it because you something happened that you feel is responsible for the guy you picked getting beat. Negative props for whoever isnt manning up
breakdown5
2/6/09 1:04:54AM
I voted for the trade off, but I don't see the result being overturned. I'm one of the biggest Penn fans out there and I think he lost the fight. GSP is the bigger guy, who has enough skill to combine with his strength to neutralize what Penn brought to the fight.
Rollins
2/6/09 2:32:11AM
Until this so called NC comes to pass it's time to man up because no one would ever want to bet with the likes of someone like that again and you'd basically make yourself look like a tool. What's right is right huh? Do the right thing.
breakdown5
2/6/09 11:14:06AM
The new Avatar Bets feature of the site should end this problem in the future.
mentalcase
2/8/09 8:52:10AM
" How are fights that end in draws or no contest handled? "

If a fight is declared a draw or no contest at the time of the fight, this bout will simply not be calculated into the points, ranking, or earnings. The result and scoring from a fight that is overturned at a later date (steroids, Mary-J, etc) will remain on the website. Asking someone to send back their per-event prize so that we can send it to someone else due to a scoring change isn't something we're up for. Plan and play accordingly! This game is based on who wins at the time of the fight.

casey64
2/8/09 3:23:24PM

Posted by breakdown5

The new Avatar Bets feature of the site should end this problem in the future.

No kidding cool set up by Admin.
hippysmacker
2/9/09 4:10:49PM

Posted by DCRage

Yes. Until the NSAC says otherwise, GSP is the official winner. If you lost a bet on the fight and have to honor an av bet as a result, HONOR IT. That's an order.

If it's later declared a No Contest during the period the av bet is in effect, consider the bet null and void. Treat it like it never happened. If reversed, we'll deal with that when the time comes.

Bottom line: If you made a bet on the fight you are to honor it effective now. If you have a bet that hasn't been honored yet and isn't in the next 2 days, PM me this weekend and I'll start making the rounds.

yep. Honor your bets, Or we will make it happen . If the fight is somehow overruled ,we cross that bridge when we come to it to make it fair.