Pens Vs Wings Whose Bringing Home Lord Stanley

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Pens Vs Wings Whose Bringing Home Lord Stanley
Next Page »
POLL: Who wins?
Red Wings 52% (14)
Penguins 48% (13)
i'll never get my Red Wings thats gross 0% (0)
iwannabesedated
5/20/08 2:25:57PM
I didnt put option for how many games cause there isnt enough options.

Well seeing as I gotta be a homer..Im saying the Pens bring it home..Atleast im hoping.The Wings Experience scares me and Im hoping playing on the big stage in the Finals for The Pens youngsters doesnt get to them,Therrien the coach seems to keep a cool head and is a big discipline guy seems to keep them inline pretty well.Goaltending should be interesting Osgood has won 2 cups so Experience is on his side...Fleury is 12-2 and Osgood is 12-4 this playoff year their both 1 and 2 in save %.Detroit has a huge advantage in experience and thats about the biggest seperation i see...Both teams control the puck well..I think they Pens have the better faster more Physical D and style of play.Obviously both teams can score im pretty sure they both average over 3 a game.Pens and Fleury havent lost at home since February If the Pens can steal game 1 or game 2 in Detroit then ill think they will take it in 6 when it comes back to Pittsburgh.

Lets go Pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please cause Free Agency is a bitch.
DCRage
5/20/08 2:28:47PM
Detroit in 6. Experience over youth, although the only real areas Detroit has the edge are goaltending and perhaps defensemen, only because of Osgood, Hasek, and Lidstrom. Plus they have far more experience than most of the Pens. Pittsburgh certainly won't get blown out, I expect all the games to be close. Just not in their favor. Pass the octopus.
pv3Hpv3p
5/20/08 3:38:02PM
I don't see haw da Pens loose this... Experience be damned... I don't think Detroit or any other team can keep up with them... Too young, too fast, too dynamic...

I'll probably get flamed all over, but I see the Penguins taking this in 5 maybe even a sweep Detroilet won't even know what hit them **fingers crossed**

And Elvis... Has just left the building
iwannabesedated
5/20/08 3:45:34PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I don't see haw da Pens loose this... Experience be damned... I don't think Detroit or any other team can keep up with them... Too young, too fast, too dynamic...

I'll probably get flamed all over, but I see the Penguins taking this in 5 maybe even a sweep Detroilet won't even know what hit them **fingers crossed**

And Elvis... Has just left the building

Ohhhhhhhhh Get in the fast lane Grandma the Bingo game is ready to roll.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/20/08 3:52:41PM
MY PENS IN 6!
Aaronno9
5/20/08 4:21:16PM
Pens in 6.
postman
5/20/08 6:28:56PM
Yeah I thik the Pens in 6 too
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/20/08 6:49:53PM
I wanna say Wings in 5 but it's most likely to go 7. so i'll say Detroit in 6
89vision
5/20/08 6:57:53PM
these were the two teams i realistically thought were going to get to the cup, even tho im a diehard ducks and sharks fan for life, and from watching the two teams i cant help but see that the Red Wings just execute everything better, I mean you can only use explosiveness and speed for so much, what the Wings have is all around, great goaltender, #1 in puck control, probably the best on the powerplay or penalty kill, and of corse experience, but cmon leave Chelios and Hasak alone they curve the teams average age by like 10 years give the team a break most of the guys on the Wings are on the younger end, and not to down the Penguins (especially if they win) but this looks like another cup in Detroits trophy case. also another interesting thing, what are us hockey fans gonna do this saturday? watch 2/3 of the game or watch the whole game and not watch the 1st fight on UFC 84 (probably a fight we dont need to see like Silva Vs Mendes)

Red Wings in 5-7 games
thelastking
5/20/08 7:17:05PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom
Fleury is 12-2 and Osgood is 12-4 this playoff year their both 1 and 2 in save %.Detroit has a huge advantage in experience and thats about the biggest seperation i see...

Detriot is gonna win in 6. IMO they are to good defensively for the Penguins. FYI Osgood is 10-2 in this years playoffs, the first 4 games Hasek player and he was 2-2 not that it makes a difference in any way at all.
iwannabesedated
5/20/08 7:22:28PM

Posted by 89vision

these were the two teams i realistically thought were going to get to the cup, even tho im a diehard ducks and sharks fan for life, and from watching the two teams i cant help but see that the Red Wings just execute everything better, I mean you can only use explosiveness and speed for so much, what the Wings have is all around, great goaltender, #1 in puck control, probably the best on the powerplay or penalty kill, and of corse experience, but cmon leave Chelios and Hasak alone they curve the teams average age by like 10 years give the team a break most of the guys on the Wings are on the younger end, and not to down the Penguins (especially if they win) but this looks like another cup in Detroits trophy case. also another interesting thing, what are us hockey fans gonna do this saturday? watch 2/3 of the game or watch the whole game and not watch the 1st fight on UFC 84 (probably a fight we dont need to see like Silva Vs Mendes)

Red Wings in 5-7 games

Im ordering the UFC but like you said being from Pittsburgh i wont miss any of the game unless one team is up by a large margin,

I disagree..the Pens power play and PK is better than detroits...Puck control is also about even...Sid and Malkin are as best as it gets with puck control.Not to mention Laraque the dude gets the puck behind the net and NO ONE can shake him off it...Granted he dont have the skills to setup plays and goals like Sid and Geno...The Pens also have 4 lines that can score detroit isnt as deep as pittsburgh.Yeah they may have more players with 10 or more points but they also have 2 more games than Pittsburgh.

Talent and Depth goes to pittsburgh
Experience goes to Detroit

Talent>Experience.
89vision
5/20/08 7:25:58PM

Posted by 89vision

Red Wings in 5-7 games

Im ordering the UFC but like you said being from Pittsburgh i wont miss any of the game unless one team is up by a large margin,

I disagree..the Pens power play and PK is better than detroits...Puck control is also about even...Sid and Malkin are as best as it gets with puck control.Not to mention Laraque the dude gets the puck behind the net and NO ONE can shake him off it...Granted he dont have the skills to setup plays and goals like Sid and Geno...The Pens also have 4 lines that can score detroit isnt as deep as pittsburgh.Yeah they may have more players with 10 or more points but they also have 2 more games than Pittsburgh.

Talent>Experience.

well thats your opinion, s'all good, let the games begin....saturday
iwannabesedated
5/20/08 7:26:54PM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by 89vision

Red Wings in 5-7 games

Talent>Experience.

well thats your opinion, s'all good, let the games begin....saturday

Nah....Like the Vandals sing......ITS A FACT!!!!!..lol
89vision
5/20/08 7:30:07PM

dont get cocky now, wouldnt want to get a verbal ripping if your "facts" fail lol
iwannabesedated
5/20/08 7:33:13PM

Posted by 89vision

dont get cocky now, wouldnt want to get a verbal ripping if your "facts" fail lol

Ewwwww..Verbal ripping please dont E-Beat me....It was a joke man and thats a fact that wont fail...Im happy either way with this season.
89vision
5/20/08 7:38:47PM

Posted by 89vision

Ewwwww..Verbal ripping please dont E-Beat me....It was a joke man and thats a fact that wont fail...Im happy either way with this season.

my sarcasm meter broke on that one....yeah
DJDark41
5/20/08 8:37:13PM
Detroit through experience and depth. I'm not gonna say Pittsburgh doesn't stand a chance, because that would be dumb. But, I don't think that Pittsburgh can match up with Detroit.
tdietel01
5/20/08 8:52:24PM
i just want to see the wing lose!!! i dont care how many games it takes. lets go pens!!!

by the way, im just a sour avalanche fan! lol
EON
5/21/08 3:21:12AM
Wings are takin' this cup but if the Pens win they will truly deserve it
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/21/08 7:35:35AM

Someone's gonna be disappointed
iwannabesedated
5/21/08 12:38:12PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Not as dissapointing as the HABS..Y'know a number 1seed losing to a team the Pens made look like overachievers.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/21/08 3:47:49PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Not as dissapointing as the HABS..Y'know a number 1seed losing to a team the Pens made look like overachievers.

If anyone, I should still be the one talking about the Habs lost... everytime i talk bout the pens losing the cup your only defense seems to be bringing up that the Habs got the boot in the 2nd round. Iv'e made peace with it . Looks like your just running out of reasons why you'd see YOUR pens winning. AAAAnyways u can say Pens > Habs all you want (for Pens > pretty much any team cept the Wings) it still remains that after this matchup it'll be Wings > Pens. Now lay off my Habs lol, they're already gone, I get it.
iwannabesedated
5/21/08 4:42:43PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

If anyone, I should still be the one talking about the Habs lost... everytime i talk bout the pens losing the cup your only defense seems to be bringing up that the Habs got the boot in the 2nd round. Iv'e made peace with it . Looks like your just running out of reasons why you'd see YOUR pens winning. AAAAnyways u can say Pens > Habs all you want (for Pens > pretty much any team cept the Wings) it still remains that after this matchup it'll be Wings > Pens. Now lay off my Habs lol, they're already gone, I get it.

Eh..i already explained my reasons as to why the Pens Can win.

And i just like your busting your balls about the HABS.

But mostly,IM A HOMER and passionate thats all..Can you blame me?

I havent bashed or taken anything away from the Wings.Obviously their a great team to be playing in the cup.So its all good..and Besides i have no control over the outcome i can just hope they win....And besides ...your only pulling for the Wings cause you dropped a dime on them..LOL
zephead
5/21/08 5:08:50PM
The Red Wings have 2 of the best hockey players in the world on their team. I'm talking all-around players. Players that play on the PK. That play defense. Those two players are Selke Award finalists, Zetterberg and Datsyuk. They are a +15 and a +12 respectively in the playoffs. They win 57.9 and 55.8 percent of their faceoffs. Zetterberg has 2 shorthanded goals. Watching them in these playoffs has really opened my eyes to how good they really are.

The wings are 2 deep and have two much experience on the teams. Wngs in 5
bls1919
5/21/08 5:53:10PM
Pens in 6, no doubt. maybe even 5
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/21/08 6:11:35PM

And besides ...your only pulling for the Wings cause you dropped a dime on them..LOL

Yeah lol
king_katool
5/22/08 12:36:14AM
when i hear about this i laugh cause all i hear about the pens are crosby,hossa,malkein,staal, hows DET gonna stop the scoring, well how about these names lidstrom,kronwall,rafalski,chelios, osgood and his 1.60 save % dont get me wrong the pens are amazing but just like MMA its all about the style and DET has the D to keep this series low scoring the opp. of what every1 thinks is going to happen, DET takes this easily in 5,,, BTW in my hockepy pool ive picked every team winner and games correct except 2 series this year so i like to think im on fire this postseason............(for those who care i picked philly to tak MTL in 6 not 5 and i picked and i picked MTL to beat BOS in 6 not 7)
The_Metal_Maniac
5/22/08 9:59:10PM
Penguins in six. Experience over youth? If thats your sticking point good luck. The Red Wings have 10 players who have won the cup. The Rangers have eight, wow experience did them good. The Red Wings defense will stop the Penguins? Granted the Wings have the greatest defensemen in the modern era ( Lidstrom), they have not played a goal scoring offense like the Penguins. Also the Pens are a multiple scoring line offense. If the Pens stop the Wings top line where does there scoring come from? A concussed 10 goal scorer, I don't think so. Also check the statistics and tell me who's team has the better defense and goal tending in the Playoffs. The truth is Detroit haven't seen a team with this type of over all greatness the whole year. Pens scoring and over all team defense is ridiculous. The Pens special teams, most importantly the PK is the sticking point. Pens in six plain and simple.
89vision
5/22/08 11:50:17PM

Posted by roncomanjason

Penguins in six. Experience over youth?

Couture Vs Sylvia............yeah
iwannabesedated
5/23/08 12:33:13AM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by roncomanjason

Penguins in six. Experience over youth?

Couture Vs Sylvia............yeah

Last time i check the Pens and Wings are playing hockey.Not fighting MMA........Yeah..did i miss something?

Bad Analogy....If it were MMA id say good..but comapring MMA to hockey.....na na na na nah
Pages: [1] 2 3 4