BJ Penn has the worst conermen ever.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » BJ Penn has the worst conermen ever.
POLL: Does BJ have terrible conermen
YES! They suck. 61% (14)
They're not bad. 17% (4)
NO! Your high they're amazing. 4% (1)
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 17% (4)
UFC_Fanatic313
3/3/11 4:37:19PM
If you think about about they kinda suck they never give him a piece of advise ever. I feel like they are scared of him or something. Like idk all they say is BJ do you want this for 1 whole min. They didn't only say that in the Fitch fight but in the GSP fight win he threw in the towel i mean come on. Plus whats with his cardio man it seams like he needs to lose to the guy first before he comes in prepared. I mean i know the main question has always been is BJ motivated enough. As a BJ fan i hate to see him lose or draw. Its getting near the end of his carer and he needs to make changes fast before it is to late.
BlueSkiesBurn
3/3/11 5:27:26PM
They constantly switch back and forth between corners during the rounds so we don't know the full extent of what is said.

Also, if I am correct, and I believe I am, his brother is part of his corner and usually the one "in charge," so they might not communicate like a normal cornerman and fighter because they can do it by virtue of having grown up together. That being said, it doesn't mean that's what should be happening.

I will say this, though. BJ Penn appears the man in charge of his fight at all times. I personally think BJ needs to get involved with a real camp, but it's not easy to fire family.

Unless you're a Shamrock and then it's cake.
Pskinner_mma314
3/3/11 8:34:38PM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic313

If you think about about they kinda suck they never give him a piece of advise ever. I feel like they are scared of him or something. Like idk all they say is BJ do you want this for 1 whole min. They didn't only say that in the Fitch fight but in the GSP fight win he threw in the towel i mean come on. Plus whats with his cardio man it seams like he needs to lose to the guy first before he comes in prepared. I mean i know the main question has always been is BJ motivated enough . As a BJ fan i hate to see him lose or draw. Its getting near the end of his carer and he needs to make changes fast before it is to late.

A motivated BJ sounds like when your girlfriend is trying REALLY hard to get you off
Cdellorso
3/3/11 9:20:13PM
Greg Jackson + BJ = belt
Chael_Sonnen
3/4/11 12:28:33AM
Worst...nah....I give that nod to Rampage's.
scoozna
3/4/11 9:39:37AM
It's a valid point. When BJ hangs up the gloves and looks back on his career, I hope we'll get an honest assessment of why the tail end of his career isn't as stellar as he, nor his fans, would have hoped. When the competition is as tough as it is right now, you need all the advantages you can pull together to win - and a strong corner team is key. If they can't advise you on small (or big) changes to your game plan, you're at a disadvantage.
postman
3/4/11 12:16:59PM
For sure they are yes men. They offer very little when he is down and needs guided. They tend to give advise like BJ you need to get on top don't let him take you down. When it better advise could be given. I see this with a guy I train with and his brother being a corner man, what I think happens is they end up watching as a fan and friend and not a coach. When they are losing they either think they are actually winning or they recognize they are losing but didn't process the fight in a way to be a coach.
Boo_Radley21
3/4/11 2:10:52PM
Kind of yea.

After the Fitch fight though I'm much more interested in BJ at WW than I was. Why doesn't he go for takedowns more? He's great on the ground he should use it more often. I wanna see BJ vs Hardy or Alves.
UFC_Fanatic313
3/4/11 2:13:47PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Worst...nah....I give that nod to Rampage's.

Yea rampages are pretty bad they're like hmmmmmm knock him out yea knock hi out. Wo0o0o. lol. But they do sometimes give him good advice(sometimes.) I still think BJ's are the worst lol. They're like yea bj do u want this? ur awesome. go finish him yea. woopyy. do u want this?
prozacnation1978
3/5/11 9:18:06AM
Gotta compare BJ to chuck and tito

He needs to change it up. And start training full time with a new camp unlike tito or chuck.