Penn&Teller Bullsh!t

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Penn&Teller Bullsh!t
Lord_Lenny
8/23/08 6:59:36AM
I'll link up some videos in the morning. Anyway does anyone else watch this show? I've been watching an episode whenever i get the chance these last few days, i am hooked and worried about how stupid people can be. Basically they get a few fanatical people to appear and state their case on various topics and then Penn calls them on their bullshit, and i havent disagreed with him yet. I've also learned quite a few things that might help in debates i frequently get into. IMO their should be more shows like this that aren't dumbed down, factual and not afraid to stand up to anyone
Khaos
8/23/08 7:26:15AM
I watch the show a lot(mainly because I have it ondemand and can watch it when I so choose)
postman
8/23/08 10:25:50AM
The one on Green guilt was a real eye opener. I was amazed to find that humans on produce 3% of the worlds Carbon and This like rotting plants Volcanos and Forest fires are what cause most of the Carbon released. Not much you can do to stop that. Also hit on the top con man alive AL GORE!
grappler0000
8/23/08 11:17:53AM
Yes, one of the few shows I actually watch on TV...can't get enough of it.
Bowen50
8/23/08 12:57:43PM
Love that show. I try to watch it every time it's on.
CantAndleDaRiddum
8/23/08 1:22:53PM
one of the best shows ever
bullettdodger
8/23/08 2:23:07PM
definitely a quality show
Omega
8/23/08 3:55:43PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

I'll link up some videos in the morning. Anyway does anyone else watch this show? I've been watching an episode whenever i get the chance these last few days, i am hooked and worried about how stupid people can be. Basically they get a few fanatical people to appear and state their case on various topics and then Penn calls them on their bullshit, and i havent disagreed with him yet. I've also learned quite a few things that might help in debates i frequently get into. IMO their should be more shows like this with no political agenda, not dumbed down, factual and not afraid to stand up to anyone

Actually I've watched every show of Bullshit. I've got 3 where they themselves were full of shit. Ironically they all had to do with the envirnoment.
grappler0000
8/23/08 7:51:58PM

Posted by Omega

Posted by Lord_Lenny

I'll link up some videos in the morning. Anyway does anyone else watch this show? I've been watching an episode whenever i get the chance these last few days, i am hooked and worried about how stupid people can be. Basically they get a few fanatical people to appear and state their case on various topics and then Penn calls them on their bullshit, and i havent disagreed with him yet. I've also learned quite a few things that might help in debates i frequently get into. IMO their should be more shows like this with no political agenda, not dumbed down, factual and not afraid to stand up to anyone

Actually I've watched every show of Bullshit. I've got 3 where they themselves were full of shit. Ironically they all had to do with the envirnoment.

Al Gore, is that you?
postman
8/24/08 8:24:23PM

Posted by Omega

Posted by Lord_Lenny

What do you mean?
Omega
8/25/08 2:01:27PM
LOL, yes it's me Al Gore:

No, one of the things that were completely off and wrong was their comparison of the Prius to other Car Models (you know the one with the Lesbians). They had two girls drive a Prius around and they averaged just over 46 mpg. Then they stated "Look at all these other cars that get 36 mpg". Well the problem with that is that Penn and teller were taking the Highway sticker MPG and comparing it to the average driving of a Prius. The Sticker for a Prius would be 36mpg vs 51mpg. The City driving would be 27mpg vs 60 mpg.

Then there was the anti smoking bs. A lot of true points except the real facts on why most people don't like other people smoking around them. They don't like the smell or the smoke. Simple as that but smokers can't control where there smoke goes.

There are a few more but in general Penn and Teller's BS show is great.
nastshabast
8/25/08 5:26:58PM

Posted by Omega

LOL, yes it's me Al Gore:

No, one of the things that were completely off and wrong was their comparison of the Prius to other Car Models (you know the one with the Lesbians). They had two girls drive a Prius around and they averaged just over 46 mpg. Then they stated "Look at all these other cars that get 36 mpg". Well the problem with that is that Penn and teller were taking the Highway sticker MPG and comparing it to the average driving of a Prius. The Sticker for a Prius would be 36mpg vs 51mpg. The City driving would be 27mpg vs 60 mpg.

Then there was the anti smoking bs. A lot of true points except the real facts on why most people don't like other people smoking around them. They don't like the smell or the smoke. Simple as that but smokers can't control where there smoke goes.

There are a few more but in general Penn and Teller's BS show is great.

you are right dude, they are full of shit sometimes, but it's the same as like Bowling For Colombine or Farenheit 911. They leave shit out for sure, they make their own case.
Sinatra
9/4/08 3:04:18PM
Just remember that Penn and Teller's stock and trade is illusion. Not saying they're wrong at all, just saying that they're very good at getting people to see and think whatever P&T want them to.
Lord_Lenny
9/4/08 4:42:01PM

Posted by Sinatra

Just remember that Penn and Teller's stock and trade is illusion. Not saying they're wrong at all, just saying that they're very good at getting people to see and think whatever P&T want them to.

i hear you, i look at it objectively, of course they are going to omit certain contradictions to their views, and in the end, they have editing power over their opposition in the show but i still think its a bit of fresh air from the overly liberal media that we experience everyday, and less biased as well
MFOTHER
9/5/08 1:24:56PM
yes i really like it. I feel like they are slowly running out of topics though. The best stuff is season 1,2 imo.

For people who want to give it a try, watch:

the PETA one
Recycling
the one about food
war on drugs

and def THE BIBLE.

they are great logial thinkers.

For fans check out james randi, and other skeptics who pop up on the show