B.J. Penn, Shaolin and LWGP

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » B.J. Penn, Shaolin and LWGP
fedorwins1
2/27/07 5:18:59PM
How awesome would it be if Pride decided to bring in some fighters from other orgs. like B.J. Penn and Shaolin for the LWGP. If somehow they do get B.J. and Shaolin do you see either of them winning and who would you like to see them fight?
SteedTheDeed
2/27/07 5:25:32PM
i still see BJ as the #1 lightweight. i would want gomi to fight ribeiro t get it over with, and for some reason i would want BJ to fight kawajiri or melendez.
fedorwins1
2/27/07 5:26:58PM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

i still see BJ as the #1 lightweight. i would want gomi to fight ribeiro t get it over with, and for some reason i would want BJ to fight kawajiri or melendez.

BJ vs Melendez is #1 for me, that would make my whole year.
JimiMak
2/27/07 7:36:46PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by SteedTheDeed

BJ vs Melendez is #1 for me, that would make my whole year.

My thoughts exactly.
loller90278
2/28/07 5:06:54PM
melendez by not giving up and bj gassing
nate22
3/1/07 8:14:09AM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

~No way man, fedor is the number one LW, he's not fought there since he was 15 but that's not the point.
madmarck
3/1/07 9:35:27AM
I think having BJ and Vitor in the LWGP would be awesome. Imagine the finals where in one night the 4 fighters are Gilbert Melendez, BJ, Shalon, and maybe Diaz. Wouldnt that be the best tournament ever?
loller90278
3/27/07 3:33:23PM
we might be able to see that (unless bj trains for pulver only)... if UFC fighters could merge into the LWGP then that'd be awesome.. i would like to see the likes of franky edgar, bj penn, tyson griffin, pulver, etc etc ( to have their ass handed to them) by sach, gomi, melendez, diaz
hippysmacker
3/27/07 6:03:47PM
Bj vs Aoki would be one of my dream matchups come true. I heard on the beatdown radio that Diego'd camp wanted him to fight in the GP. That would be pretty cool too. I wouldn't mid seeing Diego vs Crusher/Sakarai/ or Gomi.
Stickan
3/27/07 6:28:09PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Bj vs Aoki would be one of my dream matchups come true. I heard on the beatdown radio that Diego'd camp wanted him to fight in the GP. That would be pretty cool too. I wouldn't mid seeing Diego vs Crusher/Sakarai/ or Gomi.

That's cool but do you really think he could make 155-160? Diego isn't a small 170.

I wanna see Guillard - Gomi. That would be a barnburner for sure.
hippysmacker
3/27/07 6:39:19PM
I actually never thought about Diego moving down till I heard about it. I figure he must be able to make it if his camp wants him to compete in it. He did look a little less ripped against Riggs. Maybe he's still got the baby fat shred to 170 and cut 15 lbs. of water. I thought I read the UFC was going to make all Prides weight classes identical with theirs. I would prefer if they went to
145 featherweieght
160 lightweight
175 welterweight
190 middleweight
205 lightheavyweight
265 HVYweight
Someone made the point to me about the weight classes of 145 and 155 not needing to be changed ,by virtue of the percentage of weight being much higher at alower weight,but I think this is still the best possible wight classes.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/28/07 3:03:16PM
I think Sherk would take the LWGP if he entered
loller90278
3/29/07 4:09:30AM
WOWOWOW! eff me in my butt and call me sally!!!

sakikabara said that there'll be a lot of great ufc lightweights on the lwgp this year!!

bj vs shinya!
gomi vs guillard!
melendez vs stevenson!
eeek im so excited !!!!!!!!!!!

oh man.
www.prideofficial.com