BJ Penn rejects Josh Koscheck fight and insists he's 'not coming back anytime soon'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BJ Penn rejects Josh Koscheck fight and insists he's 'not coming back anytime soon'
sparky
5/17/12 4:33:00PM
I've got bad news for all you B.J. Penn fans.

It looks like your Hawaiian hero won't be coming out of his self-imposed retirement to fight fellow welterweight veteran Josh Koscheck, despite getting called out by "Kos" earlier in the day on Twitter. In fact, he may not be coming back at all.

Live by the tweet, die by the tweet.

@joshkoscheck I know it costs a lot of money to live that lavish lifestyle, big house, fast cars & you need big fights but sorry I’m not coming back anytime soon!

And there you have it.

Link
Budgellism
5/17/12 4:35:32PM
Fair enough
pmoney
5/17/12 4:45:47PM
Question- is this all hype for an eventual return for BJ? I could see them selling a lot of PPV's this way.

Voice over guy: "He said he was done with the sport.... But now he's back to prove he's still one of the best fighters on earth: BJ Penn vs. ________ , UFC 187: Unfinished Business 4"
postman
5/17/12 4:46:47PM
He doesnt want to fight I can't for the life of me understand why the UFC would offer that fight to Kos clearly BJ isn't intrested in fighting.
george112
5/17/12 5:04:42PM

Posted by postman

He doesnt want to fight I can't for the life of me understand why the UFC would offer that fight to Kos clearly BJ isn't intrested in fighting.

Bait
Bubbles
5/17/12 5:39:10PM
Penn is ducking Koscheck
prozacnation1978
5/17/12 5:39:22PM
I didn't think Penn will be back at all this year
Have Kos vs Rory at Ufc 152 Toronto
BlueSkiesBurn
5/17/12 6:00:32PM

Posted by pmoney

Question- is this all hype for an eventual return for BJ? I could see them selling a lot of PPV's this way.

Voice over guy: "He said he was done with the sport.... But now he's back to prove he's still one of the best fighters on earth: BJ Penn vs. ________ , UFC 187: Unfinished Business 4"

In the city, you must fight to survive. He sold tortillas on the corner and the mob wanted in.
Sir_Karl
5/17/12 6:28:56PM
I think BJ will definitely come back....but only if he knows he can beat the fighter that is calling him out. I like BJ....he is one of my favorites....but I think he is "picking and choosing" the right person to fight.
BuffaloDave
5/17/12 6:36:29PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Even though I'm because we know you never respond,

Kos vs. Rory doesn't work, why would Kos get rewarded to fight Rory, when he is coming off a loss, and Rory is coming off a win.
Bubbles
5/17/12 6:40:58PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Kos vs. Rory doesn't work, why would Kos get rewarded to fight Rory, when he is coming off a loss, and Rory is coming off a win.

shaneTpain
5/17/12 7:24:44PM
BJ ain't gettin any younger !
Why's he being such a shroud?
FastKnockout
5/17/12 7:44:38PM
So.. what's going on behind the scenes? Dana keeps insisting Penn said he was ready to come back but Penn himself denies it. Is Dana just being delusional?
george112
5/17/12 7:52:07PM
Dana IMO is just trying to milk all of the draw that's left out of Penn before he gets to old.

Also IMO Dana and Joe are just trying to bait BJ into coming back.

Samething happened with liddell and Couture . Both very big UFC stars.

Hell even Hughes

Shitty tactics if you ask me
quezocrema0032
5/17/12 8:31:08PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Even though he won't respond I will for him, Kos isn't the one being rewarded with a fight Rory is. Kos is the biggest name Rory would have fought & even if he is coming of a loss its a major risk fight for Kos more than Rory. If Rory loses so what, hes still going to be a major prospect. If Josh loses hes running the risk of becoming irrelevant in the division. A lot for Josh to lose very little to gain for a very risky fight
ghandikush
5/18/12 10:39:54AM
Its really simple actually. Dana White knows that bj penn is a fighter inside and is taunting him out of retirement by claiming to offer fights etc. Penn is a big draw and doesnt want his last memory to be getting raped by lank thugness.

He might just get what he wants because penn has to see that the fans want to see him.
Boo_Radley21
5/18/12 1:24:39PM
fight fitch!!!