Penn: We Plan On Making This Fight Happen At UFC 101

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Penn: We Plan On Making This Fight Happen At UFC 101
DCRage
3/28/09 1:01:09PM
Accordint to a recent post on BJ Penn's official website, Penn has verbally agreed to defend his UFC Lightweight Title against Kenny Florian at UFC 101 and intends to sign the paperwork sometime today. Penn's camp also says Florian has signed the paperwork already.

Article
MFOTHER
3/28/09 1:42:08PM
This fight is win win for me. I am a fan of both. Either BJ comes back, proves he is still the best at LW against the obvious no.1 contender, and takes his grease aggression out on K-FLO, or Kenny steps up and beats a legend, completing one of the best improvement stories and setting up a sherk rematch for the title.

LakieMan
3/28/09 1:46:26PM
Gonna be a good fight!!!
lohmann
3/28/09 1:48:51PM

Posted by MFOTHER

This fight is win win for me. I am a fan of both. Either BJ comes back, proves he is still the best at LW against the obvious no.1 contender, and takes his grease aggression out on K-FLO, or Kenny steps up and beats a legend, completing one of the best improvement stories and setting up a sherk rematch for the title.

Could see a TUF 1 Finale rematch as well. Sanchez vs. Guida looks like a better title eliminator than Sherk vs. Edgar.

Whatever the result of this fight, I'm glad to see the 155 lbs. championship being defended again. I was starting to believe Sherk's statement that the #1 contender is the de facto 155 lbs. champion.
SPARX
3/28/09 2:30:38PM
i've lost so much respect for penn, so i'm hoping florian puts him in check
Twenty20Dollars
3/28/09 2:55:22PM
I dont really like either guy, but I will be rooting for and picking kenny. And Im excited for it to be a 5 rounder.

I know kenny can go full force all 5 rounds.
KaibaThedon
3/28/09 5:52:46PM
Ol Kenflo should be money by then... he's been waiting since November of last year lol
motorboatensob
3/28/09 10:53:51PM

Posted by SPARX

What would make you lose respect for BJ. That he lost a controversial fight or that he is following through with doing something about it and making sure it doesn't happen again. Which would you rather happen this get taken care of now or come out at the end or GSP's career and we never know if he really was as good as he seemed. We all should be thanking BJ for doing this because now we will either see GSP not be as dominant in his fights or prove to everyone that it never mattered and keep on running though people.
sclasclemski
3/29/09 3:10:02PM
Its about time...I like both these guys and I hope regardless of who wins that its just a good fight with a clear winner.
warglory
3/29/09 4:30:13PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by SPARX

What would make you lose respect for BJ. That he lost a controversial fight or that he is following through with doing something about it and making sure it doesn't happen again. Which would you rather happen this get taken care of now or come out at the end or GSP's career and we never know if he really was as good as he seemed. We all should be thanking BJ for doing this because now we will either see GSP not be as dominant in his fights or prove to everyone that it never mattered and keep on running though people.

If all of that were true it would be understandable, but Penn is blatantly calling into question the results of the fight, which GSP was dominating in in all aspects of. Its a cheap shot, that's why many people feel Penn has sullied his character. How anyone could question GSP's victory over a trainer applying minor amounts of Vaseline is beyond me.
jocka
3/30/09 8:00:30AM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by SPARX

Actually we should thanks BJ's mom

I hopw Kenny is ready cause its gonna be a good fight, Kenny TKO in the 4rd.
Saginawsfinest
3/30/09 6:41:29PM
Penn is on a downslide, his ego and emotions are getting the best of his fighting and because of that Florian will beat him.