Penn Passes First NSAC Out-Of-Competition Drug Test

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Penn Passes First NSAC Out-Of-Competition Drug Test
DCRage
4/24/08 6:36:17AM
UFC Lightweight Champion BJ Penn recently became the first fighter to be drug tested by the NSAC under its new out-of-competition drug testing program. The NSAC's Keith Kizer reported yesterday that Penn passed all his tests.

Article
juanez13
4/24/08 6:41:23AM
Jimbo
4/24/08 7:35:44AM
high fives all round.
Darnok
4/24/08 10:28:40AM
I like random drug testing!!!

Wow BJ is taking this fight serious. He isn't even on the wacky stuff. WOW.
I think I might have to change my pick.
Sir_Karl
4/24/08 10:50:31AM
"Out of competition drug testing"?
Holy fascism Batman!!
Rush
4/24/08 11:11:32AM
I think it's a good thing for the sport. This whole business of going on and of drug cycles is retarded. I don't know why anyone would call someone an athlete when they are knowingly taking a performance enhancing substance.

That being said, I think BJ is the perfect fighter to test first considering all he has said about Sherk's "incident" We should all be thankful that BJ passed otherwise my faith in MMA fighters would ahve dropped another level.
babytater03
4/24/08 11:16:30AM

Posted by Rush

... We should all be thankful that BJ passed otherwise my faith in MMA fighters would ahve dropped another level.

FFS no joke!

As soon as i started reading the headline i held my breath.

disorderlyvision
4/24/08 12:12:04PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

"Out of competition drug testing"?
Holy fascism Batman!!

Kpro
4/24/08 12:17:59PM

Posted by Rush

I think it's a good thing for the sport.... I don't know why anyone would call someone an athlete when they are knowingly taking a performance enhancing substance.

I agree with you on your points, but disagree with what the NSAC is doing simply because of the non-performance enhancing substances that will result in suspensions.

The first time a diuretic gives someone a 1 year ban when they don't have a fight scheduled, I'll be tossing furniture.

Even a marijuana positive, I will disagree with, if it is being used legally. If you live in a state where you can get medical access to it, and do, and are not using it enough to show up on the pre/post-fight drug test, then I don't believe it should be an issue.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/24/08 4:31:23PM
im glad he passed the recreational part. that was the one i was worried about
Rush
4/24/08 4:34:31PM

Posted by Kpro

I agree with you on your points, but disagree with what the NSAC is doing simply because of the non-performance enhancing substances that will result in suspensions.

I left it as "performance enhancing" just to stay out of the whole other can of worms of banned "non-"performance enhancers.
jae_1833
4/24/08 6:58:36PM
This rocks!!!! Not only does it completly validate everything BJ has been saying lately but it is the only way to truly stop the cycles and flushings that some guy do. Way to go NSAC!!!
Darnok
4/24/08 7:15:17PM
BJ probably offered to be tested so that now when they go test Sherk he can't complain about it.