B.J. Penn/ Nick Diaz

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » B.J. Penn/ Nick Diaz
POLL: Who wins
B.J. Penn 75% (15)
Nick Diaz 25% (5)
casketcoin
3/13/11 2:36:47PM
So on other web sites I'm seeing a bunch of merging talk about Nick and GSP. Nick and St Pierre are my number one and two favorite fighters and i honestly think GSP would win that with no problem. I would much rather see GSP/ Anderson and BJ / Diaz. So my question is who takes it? I believe it would be a great and very interesting fight
Budgellism
3/13/11 2:45:27PM

Posted by casketcoin

So on other web sites I'm seeing a bunch of merging talk about Nick and GSP. Nick and St Pierre are my number one and two favorite fighters and i honestly think GSP would win that with no problem. I would much rather see GSP/ Anderson and BJ / Diaz. So my question is who takes it? I believe it would be a great and very interesting fight

Damn man, that's a very close, tough fight. I've gotta think Diaz would be able to use his reach and keep BJ on the outside on route to a UD but it could go either way.
grappler0000
3/13/11 2:59:21PM
Anyone without a high level wrestling pedigree need not bother fighting Penn. Coincidentally, that happens to be the biggest weakness in Nick's game. BJ's never been knocked out or submitted and would dictate where the fight took place. I can't really think of a way that Nick could win, aside from BJ coming in with his worst gas tank to date. A very bad matchup stylistically for Diaz IMO.
kopower
3/13/11 3:23:03PM
Good question. I'm torn on this fight. I do think Nick's reach would give Penn some trouble. They both have outstanding chins and I wouldn't see either fighter taking it to the ground. My gut says Diaz by decision, especially if it was a 5 round fight. I think Penn would be the crisper striker the first few rounds and Diaz possibly gaining the edge as the fight wore on.
sbulldavid
3/13/11 3:58:40PM
I think it's a huge mismatch in Diaz's favor, Penn still can't win a fight when he can't dominate, I think he gives Diaz problems in the first and gets the **** beat out of him until he quits.
postman
3/13/11 4:17:41PM

Posted by grappler0000

Anyone without a high level wrestling pedigree need not bother fighting Penn. Coincidentally, that happens to be the biggest weakness in Nick's game. BJ's never been knocked out or submitted and would dictate where the fight took place. I can't really think of a way that Nick could win, aside from BJ coming in with his worst gas tank to date. A very bad matchup stylistically for Diaz IMO.

I'm with you
TS92turbo
3/13/11 7:26:01PM
BJ would most likely slip up in rd3. I say BJ by Split. or a draw